Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Hawkguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

A couple questions

So I asked the other day which game would suit me more 13 or 14 - I got one response suggesting 14, so that's what I bought.

Anyway a few things;

1) How do I edit players? I see the editor (I think) but I don't really get how the numbers work in accordance to ratings. I want to edit Adam Lind of the Blue Jays a little because of the season he's having, I want to give him a slight boost.

2) What options do you recommend I turn off in my first season or two? The game is a little overwhelming right now. I have experience with Total Extreme Wrestling but it's a little easier to get the hang of. This game is just to much at once. I'd like to play with some basic settings and then add a new feature every few days when I get the hang of it more.

3) Could someone point me to the best photo pack mod for 2013? Again, getting into a new game that's this overwhelming has made my head spin. I can already tell I'm going to love this game, but I need to ease into it rather than dive right in.

4) Any tips, advice, or recommendations for a complete noob on anything related to OOTP 14 would be greatly appreciated!
Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Consult the OOTP 14 manual for information on the editor. Generally, the ratings are computed based on a 200-point basis and then converted into whatever rating basis that you're using. It's all math. If you want a player to have a 10 out of a 20-point scale, then you'd assign him with 100 points in that rating in the editor.

You might want to turn off scouting, coaching, player personalities, and the player morale system. That tends to simplify the game a lot and make it more like a traditional baseball sim.

Download the All-In-One mod from within the game. Just go to Add-Ons Central, make sure that there is a list of files, and download the 2013 All-In-One mod.

I would read the manual and keep it in mind as a reference. Start simple. Just use a modern MLB game, a small fictional league, or a historical league, and turn off options other than the ones that are essential.

Once you get more familiar with the game, then you can consider adding more options, creating customized leagues, and using more mods.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
Hawkguy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Consult the OOTP 14 manual for information on the editor. Generally, the ratings are computed based on a 200-point basis and then converted into whatever rating basis that you're using. It's all math. If you want a player to have a 10 out of a 20-point scale, then you'd assign him with 100 points in that rating in the editor.

You might want to turn off scouting, coaching, player personalities, and the player morale system. That tends to simplify the game a lot and make it more like a traditional baseball sim.

Download the All-In-One mod from within the game. Just go to Add-Ons Central, make sure that there is a list of files, and download the 2013 All-In-One mod.

I would read the manual and keep it in mind as a reference. Start simple. Just use a modern MLB game, a small fictional league, or a historical league, and turn off options other than the ones that are essential.

Once you get more familiar with the game, then you can consider adding more options, creating customized leagues, and using more mods.
Thanks for the feedback.

Another thing about editing - I can't find where to switch a Player's role. Am I just blind? Reyes complained that he's supposed to be a middle of the order guy, not a leadoff guy - definitely need to edit that.
Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You change the batting order in the team lineups screen. You can drag and drop players into the lineup and the substitution grid to the right of it.

However, make sure that you are set to have control over lineups, otherwise your AI manager will handle it and will often deviate from your preferences. If you still want to let the AI manage the games, you can use the 7-day lineups feature to set lineups and starting pitchers for the next week. Then the AI manager will use those and not deviate.

If you want to use the player in the leadoff role and he doesn't like it, well, that's a player personality issue and welcome to the world of being a GM. You might have to move him in the lineup to make him happy or trade him if it starts affecting his performance.

If you want to try editing his personality, you could do that, but that's beyond my personal expertise.

Last edited by Charlie Hough; 06-26-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote