Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #1
quillenl
All Star Reserve

Are Challenge Mode Achievements working OK?

Aiming for Distinct achievements relatively casually and have been seeing many not trigger pretty regularly. Thought maybe it was me the first few times, and recalling that you might not get achievement credit for a 2nd occurrence if the first did not register I've started a number of different leagues.

I've changed the way I've been playing as well, thinking maybe something had changed such as 20 plays in a game no longer counting, or being GM only preventing credit even if you played out games.

So in the screenshot below, it took me 14 games into the first season to catch a new achievement not triggering. My profile can be found in the link below...
https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.c...files/quillenl

I got 2 other achievements in that game that were not first occurrences, but also did not register ("Knock Them In" and "Hit Machine"). Game still shows me logged in. Verified I was actually connected by swapping to perfect team and updating without issue.

All settings for Managing the game are set to me with the exception of Baserunning and Defense Strategy. Entire 9 innings was played out without skipping any plays.

I did not enter a bug report because, quite frankly, I'm not sure it's a bug and I didn't expect a response which would leave me hanging with whether or not this would ever be addressed... or if this was not something other's were experiencing at all.

If you do notice this, here is an important point shared in the past by the development team:

If you do not get credit for a 1st time achievement you will never get credit for it in the future when you get it again for that league. If you want credit, you will have to start another league in Challenge Mode. This is something else that would be nice to receive developer verification on regarding it still applying.

If someone has an idea what else may be causing this (Firewall is set to allow OOTP traffic both in and out), I am all ears and thank you
Attached Images
Old 04-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
Clavette
Major Leagues

I had a complete game shutout with under 100 pitches recently and didn't receive an achievement for a maddux.

I too would love to see multiple of the same achievements in a season especially some of the better ones.
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

It would be nice if they were shown in game too. I get a little message at the bottom right of the screen but it doesn't say who got the achievement or, in the case of streaks, even how long it was. I can look on the web site but it doesn't say what the last one was so it is not much help in trying to find out what just happened.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote