Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Quickstart: Hall of Fame League (with new inductees)

Attached is a link for a fully-updated version of my Hall of Fame league. This is a long-term project that I'm always working to perfect, so thoughts are always welcome. Keep in mind that this plays as a stand-alone league without evolution, player development or even injuries. It's basically the Field of Dreams scenario where everyone shows up as their very best selves and has at it. The fun is in the on-field play. Here's how it's laid out:

-This version is expanded to 12 teams from the previous 10, as we now have 262 current Hall of Fame honorees inducted primarily as players.

-Players were divided with attention to spreading out eras, teammates, and talent. The result is imperfect but getting the rosters to where they are is very time-consuming as it is, so I've forced myself to be satisfied.

-Stats have generally been normalized to fit each player's era, so no pitchers getting perfect movement ratings just for playing in 1910. I re-calculated things like fielding ratings; pitcher stuff, movement, and control; stolen bases, etc. Dead-ball and 19th-century hitters have been adjusted for power, based mostly on formulas but with some subjective elements here and there. This evens out values a lot, especially for those of you who think in the way of WAR for the hall. Next time, I will take on hitter strikeouts, but they have not been adjusted with this version.

-Historical stats are fairly neutral, with runs coming in at about 5 per game (I know this sounds very hitter-friendly, but so is the HOF itself). I simmed through several seasons to get what felt like a realistic mix here, but obviously you can adjust to your own liking.

-I have based projected stats closer to a player's peak performance than his average season. It's somewhat subjective, but grounded mainly in the raw numbers. In some cases, pitcher ratings were shaded up more, often to nudge stats into ratings more appropriate with where guys might rank historically (Hitters seemed to do this more organically). There's room to improve pitchers more than I have, in general.

-Personalities are realistic, even though I play with morale off, so you could have the option for a little more flavor. I don't pretend to have everything right here, and would love input from any and all OOTP'ers with expertise on certain players.

-Managers, bench coaches, hitting coaches, and pitching coaches are culled from Hall of Fame managers and players, with appropriate ratings. HOF Managers fit into a manager or bench coach role. Other coaches are made up from the players on each roster who managed (based on who happened to be on the team, not necessarily the best managers among HOF players).

-No GMs, Executives or Owners, even though I would like to include them someday. Owners apparently cannot be edited for tendencies, so it seemed pointless. The scouting system is turned off, so I passed on GMs and scouts as well.

-I've done nothing with injuries. I have injuries turned off, which spares a huge amount of research on that front.

-After toying with the idea of resurrecting the ghosts of dead ballparks, I went with neutralized playing fields in the name of fair stats.

-Team names are the same as I dreamed up as a kid playing Lance Haffner: Based off of 12 towns and villages surrounding Cooperstown, with nicknames from the first teams of the National League. I like the old-time flavor it gives things.

Please enjoy! Comments are welcome and encouraged!

https://ln.sync.com/dl/458fc6f10/hdk...yc6rm-bia3wxni

Last edited by BennyTheMarlin; 03-19-2019 at 08:01 AM.
BennyTheMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Did you solve the Pitching Staff not enough in Bullpen? Did you think about less Teams so their could be Minor League Teams?
Old 02-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

how do you download this thing? i logged in and cant find it anywhere
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #4
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Sorry, there was a problem with the original link. The link below will take you straight to the download:

https://ln.sync.com/dl/458fc6f10/hdk...yc6rm-bia3wxni
Old 02-13-2019, 07:21 PM   #5
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about the Teams based on the Decade like 2010 Team with all guys who have gone into Hall of Fame from 2010 thru this year on that team same with like 1990 team would be from 90's,2000's team from 2000's.

Last edited by mgom27; 02-13-2019 at 09:11 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:44 PM   #6
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Did you solve the Pitching Staff not enough in Bullpen? Did you think about less Teams so their could be Minor League Teams?
Because I keep strictly to enshrined players, staffs unfortunately still come out short: 6 or 7 starters, and only 8 of 12 teams have closers. I dialed up the stamina ratings to better match early 20th-century staffs that had similar looks, and allow for starters in relief. I suppose if it bothers you, a quick import of other great, non-hall relievers could fill out the bullpens to your liking. My hands are tied by the low number of elected pitchers vs. hitters.

Quote:
How about the Teams based on the Decade like 2010 Team with all guys who have gone into Hall of Fame from 2010 thru this year on that team same with like 1990 team would be from 90's,2000's team from 2000's.
Agree that this would be a fun way to play, but there are imbalances like lots of players from the 20's and not really enough since the 60's. Positions are not well-balanced between decades, either.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #7
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Another problem I notice is says like Middlefield Rosters not enough guys only 22 and Players names got Shuffled and Pitching Staff empty.