Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #1
demons19
Minors (Double A)

Player Happiness

This is an issue which I think needs work. Too often players are unhappy with ice-time. These are players who are getting 18m-20m per game!!
Or players with 2 stars on the 4th line being unhappy with their ice-time.

I just think a player needs to have context of their situation and the team they play on. If you are a 2.5 player and the team has a 5/4/3.5 centers, you cannot expect to get 20m per.

I even had a player with 1.5 stars, young kid get severely angry when I sent him the minor leagues and he was 20!
IRL, this kid would have to have some self awareness that he's not ready for the NHL and he's way down the depth chart.

I have leaders on the team, and all that good stuff to keep players happy, yet inevitably I have unhappy players. They are winning cups, know there are guys ahead of them and still pouting
One guy is 4th on team in ice at 19:56 and he's still not happy!
demons19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Unhappy with 18-20 minutes is very unusual, I had a look through a test save and the highest average icetimes I could find for players who were unhappy with them were around 14-16 minutes (and in those cases it was usually because the player had been getting more earlier in the season and had it reduced significantly in the last few weeks.) What does the recent icetime (check the game-by-game record in the player profile) look like for the guys you're seeing unhappy with 18+ minute averages?

The happiness changes aren't absolutes, there are checks against things like the player's professionalism and the effectiveness of his coach and captain to determine if a potentially bad situation results in the player becoming unhappy. But there'll almost always be some malcontents on even the best of teams - players aren't necessarily the best judges of how much they should be playing, or reasonable when something happens that cuts their time.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote