Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
BostonRS14
All Star Starter

Roster Expansion

I've just reached Sept. 1 in my league, and I noticed something that seems to happen every year.

(I'm playing MLB setup with 2012 rosters w/ int'l leagues added)

The game calls up the entire 40 man roster to the MLB level. Only problem is, for example, the Sacramento River Cats of the PCL are currently 95-48, 1st place in their division and bound for the playoffs in two days. They just lost 12 players to Oakland, which is 76-60, 1st place in the AL Wild Card, and unlikely to start any of the players they just called up. Sacramento/Oakland is just one example, the other 28 clubs did the same thing. (I did not, my Paw Sox are playoff bound and the Red Sox are sub-.500)

The big league team just added players that are going to sit on their bench, rather than having them stay in AAA for another week or so and get ABs.

I understand that the minor league serve the purpose of developing players, not necessarily winning championships, but it seems like waiting if the minor league club is in contention might be more prudent than adding players for the sake of adding players.
BostonRS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

My problem with this behavior is the impact on ML service time, not so much the impact on the minor-league teams.

Players on the big-league bench still develop, but you're right that it doesn't make sense to bring up a guy who's just going to ride the pine.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

While i am not overly concerned about it i can see why some people are as of late. I play as the Chi Sox. We are dominating and dont really need to many call up players right now. Charlotte made the playoffs. They are playing Columbus Cleveland called up like 10 players from AAA. My Charlotte team was the wildcard and they will probably win it all because CLB now has no good players.

Stats shown are AAA.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
pete3
Minors (Single A)

In real life, teams will hold off calling up prospects from the minor leagues if those teams are in a playoff hunt. Just sayin.
pete3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

On the options and ball park page there is the option too freeze the roster so there is no player movement.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
On the options and ball park page there is the option too freeze the roster so there is no player movement.
Had not thought about doing that but knowing me i will forget to unclick it after the year and i should not have to use that option ever.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Had not thought about doing that but knowing me i will forget to unclick it after the year and i should not have to use that option ever.

The bad part about that option is-if you forget about it and you don't pay attention to the roster,player's injuries start too happen and they begin too play shorthanded until you make roster adjustments.

I have 200 team leagues and it's easy too forget so I only keep acouple of teams with that option.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote