Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Sig
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Player Development and International Complex

1.) I absolutely love the new player development update section. While consistently depressing from a GM perspective, what a great way to quickly get a feel for play progression! Nice add.

2.) Anyone have any thoughts/ideas on how to handle players in the International Complex? I know they automatically get moved up past 20 years of age, but if you sign a guy with good talent when would it be ideal to move them up to the minors? Is there any benefits to keeping them in the IC?
Sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
Fenway
Minors (Triple A)

I'm also curious how to use the IC. I mostly have just been leaving players there.
Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
jmarsh123
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've just been treating it as a level below Rookie league. Once his ratings bump up above 30 (20-80 scale), I'll usually promote him to a rookie league since his skill level seems to be in line with recent draftees.

I have a stud 17-year old center field prospect holding his own in rookie league.
jmarsh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Mantush
Minors (Double A)

I don't think the AI (if you have your minors set to be run by the AI) promotes players from the International Complex if they are below twenty years old. I haven't done any rigorous testing in this regard, but I have manually promoted by bonus babies, and they have been placed in Short-A after I let the AI set up my minor league rosters. I have no clue why the AI would agree to put them in a level above Rookie ball, but at the same time, refuse to take them out of the International Complex previously.

With that said, I am promoting guys from the International Complex the year after they sign. That means, if I signed a guy in 2013, he will spend the rest of the 2013 season in the International Complex and will make the jump state-side for the beginning of the 2014 season. I don't care if the player is 'ready' or not, especially since it is hard to quantify what is 'ready' at such a low-level. Even my top draft picks struggle in their first exposure to rookie ball, so I don't care if my seventeen year old Dominican bonus baby struggles. The important thing is that they are exposed to my good coaches.

On a completely unrelated note, the CBA rules are driving me crazy and quickly teaching me the consequences of not having self-discipline. In my first IFA pool, a lesser version of Xander Bogaerts was created. He was demanding a signing bonus of around $1,000,000, which I figured to be pretty reasonable. I put in my opening bid for three fourths of that, and he quickly rejected my bid and told me to go higher.

I did. And so did the three other teams bidding on him.

I figured, this kid has superstar written all over him - and my scout agreed, given that he had rated him an 80 on a 20-80 scale - so there was no cost too high. I dipped into my limitless cash reserve, and offered the player a three million dollar bonus after a few rounds of negotiations. He signed. However, I was not content with just one player. I wanted more. I needed to have all the good players in the pool. I amassed a litany of offers to the best remaining available players, and ended up spending 200% of the cap - the cap being three million - in my first year of international free agency.

The next year has already rolled around, and the most that I can offer any player is $250,000, which sucks. It especially sucks because the game has generated a superb SS prospect, 80 overall, 8 speed (2-8 scale), 8 contact potential, 6 gap potential, 2 HR potential, 8 eye potential, and 6 avoid Ks potential. Did I also mention that all his fielding ratings are above 6? Yeah, the guy is going to be stud - granted, anything can happen - but if he pans out, he's an all-star; maybe he ends up in the Hall of Fame. His bonus demand is $6,500,000. Oh how I wish I could sign you...

There's also a starting pitcher in this class with a demand well over three million, and he may actually be a better player than the SS when all things are considered. 8 stamina, 7 stuff, 6 movement, 8 control, 55% ground ball, and 90-92 MPH velocity. He throws six pitches; a fastball, curveball, slider, changeup, splitter, and forkball. I want to sign him, too, but alas, I cannot because of my spending spree last year. If I could go back in time and spend stupidly this year instead of last, I would. But you know what they say, hindsight is 20/20.
Mantush is offline   Reply With Quote