Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #21
mvm04
Minors (Single A)

I asked on Twitter, and the OOTP handle told me a newsletter is coming out with more info early next week
Old 03-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #22
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Six weeks!? If the game is coming out on or around Opening Day, that's a week and a half.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
Is it just me or is it awfully quiet around here so close to release?
The joint was jumping in the "Release Date?" thread for a while, but that was the usual Annual Monkey Rodeo. I miss that guy Marc Duffy, remember him and his RTR series? That was the way to drum up enthusiasm!

- Bru

Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #24
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
The joint was jumping in the "Release Date?" thread for a while, but that was the usual Annual Monkey Rodeo.
I love a good monkey rodeo.
Attached Images
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #25
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

That Battists guy ain't too bad either

Last edited by Tycobbler; 03-21-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I hate to say it, and don't want to cause alarm, but I have been around for many releases (all of them but the first) and I must admit when there is a lack of communication like this, it has historically meant things may not be going according to schedule. Even if things aren't on pace for an April release, I'm fine with it...I prefer a finished product. I am still really living 13
Old 03-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #27
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
Six weeks!? If the game is coming out on or around Opening Day, that's a week and a half.
The only release date I've seen is "April", outside of stated intentions several months ago of an Opening Day release, and I can't even remember where I saw those. In OOTP speak, "April" means April 30. Which means we're still 6 weeks or so away.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 03-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #28
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I hate to say it, and don't want to cause alarm, but I have been around for many releases (all of them but the first) and I must admit when there is a lack of communication like this, it has historically meant things may not be going according to schedule. Even if things aren't on pace for an April release, I'm fine with it...I prefer a finished product. I am still really living 13

Agreed...

I'm good with waiting for their best released effort.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #29
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
The only release date I've seen is "April", outside of stated intentions several months ago of an Opening Day release, and I can't even remember where I saw those. In OOTP speak, "April" means April 30. Which means we're still 6 weeks or so away.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, I was kind of thinking this would be the case in the back of my mind. I agree with everyone saying that they'd rather have a decent first release than a buggy one that has to be patched before you can play it. Still, I don't remember anticipating the new features in an OOTP game as much as I am with this one in quite a while.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #30
HH20xx convert
Minors (Triple A)

Markus produces a quality product with great customer service once you get in the door, but communication and marketing have always been weak points. I fear lack of communication and buzz will make new customers less likely to take the plunge, and we would all benefit if Markus and Co. had a larger loyal customer base. At least the release is now scheduled for at or near the start of the season---which is progress compared to the past.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #31
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, I was kind of thinking this would be the case in the back of my mind. I agree with everyone saying that they'd rather have a decent first release than a buggy one that has to be patched before you can play it. Still, I don't remember anticipating the new features in an OOTP game as much as I am with this one in quite a while.
I'm looking forward to it as well. 13 was a big move forward, and it was even better by the final patch than it was to begin with.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #32
Cras
Hall Of Famer

13 was a good one, that is for sure. Some lovely features added, and I am still playing it when I get the chance. I think I will probably get 1 or maybe 2 seasons in before 14 comes out and I port my league over into the new version.

But I will wait till it is right. This is not the kind of game that does well with bugs. When you have a league that is 70 plus years old or whatever mine is, I would not take too kindly to it being botched up royally due to some horrific bugs.

But I will very much enjoy the fresh polish and paint that it will get when it is opened in v14 for the first time.
2000, 2005, 2008 American League Central Division Champions
1983, 1993 American League West Division Champions

OOTP | Orbiter | SSMS | FSX | LoL | MLP:FIM!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #33
raginhood
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
Is it just me or is it awfully quiet around here so close to release?
Most of us old timers are waiting for the animated version of OOTP. I don't need just another UI facelift or some added html page or stat. I think after 13 versions + it's time we got something most of us want more than some new stat or html page.

I really have nothing else to say until I get my animated players or graphics and some voice commentary like APBA baseball gave us.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #34
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by raginhood View Post
most of us old timers are waiting for the animated version of ootp. I don't need just another ui facelift or some added html page or stat. I think after 13 versions + it's time we got something most of us want more than some new stat or html page.

I really have nothing else to say until i get my animated players or graphics and some voice commentary like apba baseball gave us.
+ 1
Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #35
ProphetEyes
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
most of us old timers are waiting for the animated version of ootp. I don't need just another ui facelift or some added html page or stat. I think after 13 versions + it's time we got something most of us want more than some new stat or html page.

I really have nothing else to say until i get my animated players or graphics and some voice commentary like apba baseball gave us.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Most of us old timers are waiting for the animated version of OOTP. I don't need just another UI facelift or some added html page or stat. I think after 13 versions + it's time we got something most of us want more than some new stat or html page.

I really have nothing else to say until I get my animated players or graphics and some voice commentary like APBA baseball gave us.
This is a text sim. What you really need to do is to buy a PS3 and get a copy of MLB 13: The Show.

I'm dead serious. It's a great game, it has a franchise/manager mode and it has everything you want and more. I play it myself.

MLB 13: The Show for PlayStation 3 Reviews - Metacritic
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
This is a text sim. What you really need to do is to buy a PS3 and get a copy of MLB 13: The Show.

I'm dead serious. It's a great game, it has a franchise/manager mode and it has everything you want and more. I play it myself.

MLB 13: The Show for PlayStation 3 Reviews - Metacritic
The stat tracking leaves a bit to be desired by all account (although it's not as bad as 2K's...), and the main mark against those type of games is the lack of real customisation.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #38
Dan Theman
Hall Of Famer

I pretty much agree with The Wolf on this one. Now to be fair, I'd also enjoy seeing a little more flash, but just more abstract movement as opposed to full-bore animation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
Well ... To be fair, I am going to change the name to "DanSim Baseball"

- Shaun
Old 03-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #39
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:

There is so much to be improved in the game as it currently exists. AI mgmt (roster, ingame, team building, etc) being the main thing. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion of how they want to see the game progress but I would prefer Markus spend time improving general AI before worrying too much about the other stuff.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #40
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvm04 View Post
I asked on Twitter, and the OOTP handle told me a newsletter is coming out with more info early next week

I came here to read the newsletters about the game and only found the initial announcement which I thought was odd. I haven't automatically bought each new release for the past few years, so I was looking forwarding to reading it. Hopefully another game update will be out soon.
Closed Thread