Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #61
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Heh, this is what I get for sticking up for you (and me, indirectly)!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #62
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Now you know that you enjoyed them both.

And thank you for the appropriate smackdowns.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #63
BigCity
All Star Starter

I can only speak for myself, but after about 10 years of watching the "when is it going to be released" threads come and go and all the foolishness in both the question AND the responses, it's a lot like being forced to eat your brussels sprouts when you tend to gag on them.

After 10 years I'm as excited as anyone to get the new version, but I've learned the world isn't going to end if it doesn't come out when I would like. At the same time, I agree anyone has the right to ask - but don't get your panties in a bunch when someone replies "Oh God, here we go again".

And I get a kick out of answers like "March 32nd. Opening day: Pilots vs. Senators" It relieves the pain of the question in the first place.
BigCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #64
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCity View Post
, it's a lot like being forced to eat your brussels sprouts when you tend to gag on them.
I love Brussel Sprouts, but you'd probably expect that from someone who is still using oopt12.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #65
Baldrick88
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Opening day may be the 1st but this game is a pre opening day game... Major League Baseball Schedule | MLB.com: Schedule

(not a pre season game but a pre opening day game)
Baldrick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #66
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick88 View Post
Opening day may be the 1st but this game is a pre opening day game... Major League Baseball Schedule | MLB.com: Schedule

(not a pre season game but a pre opening day game)
Yes, we know. Opening Day is April 1st, as we've been pointing out.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #67
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Let me point out something else for you, and then I will let the matter drop (why I am still a bit ticked off today about this is puzzling). When either of you have been THANKED over 1,200 times in these forums, or even come close, THEN you will have earned the right to criticize somebody who has, merely on the basis of posting too much. Thanks count is probably a much more important barometer of forum worthiness than post count in my opinion. Your combined thanks count: 22.
Wow. I feel so insignificant. What ever will I do?

Been here since 2002. I've seen this play out many, many, many times. Thanks for the comedy.
USN Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #68
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN Squid View Post
Thanks.
I gave you one as a bonus, buddy. Let's see if you can average one a year; you're not quite there yet, though. Keep plugging away, and your contributions here will surely mount to the heavens!

- Bru

Old 03-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #69
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I believe I've made my point: Folks, don't be criticizing members for what you think are excessive posts any more than you would disrespect people with only a handful. It's not appropriate in either respect. And don't make things personal when you disagree with somebody unless you yourself want to be dumped on. End of sermon. End of this thread for me.

- Bru

Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #70
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I believe I've made my point: Folks, don't be criticizing members for what you think are excessive posts any more than you would disrespect people with only a handful. It's not appropriate in either respect. And don't make things personal when you disagree with somebody unless you yourself want to be dumped on. End of sermon. End of this thread for me.
FYI, I didn't comment on the number of anyone's posts. I commented on the foolishness of fighting over something as insignificant as whether March 31st or April 1st is opening day. It was you who equated the number of people hitting a "thanks" button as some kind of measuring stick.

Enjoy your night! Sorry that was the end of the thread for you. It was entertaining. I was hoping someone would start arguing over whether or not December 25th is truly Jesus' birthday.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #71
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

By the way, I'll just leave this here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=when...ient=firefox-a
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #72
D-BacksJosh
Banned

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/important_dates.jsp

Last edited by D-BacksJosh; 03-11-2013 at 07:23 PM.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #73
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BacksJosh View Post
I made sure I hit the all important THANKS button for you!

But when is opening dusk? Opening afternoon?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #74
D-BacksJosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN Squid View Post
I made sure I hit the all important THANKS button for you!

But when is opening dusk? Opening afternoon?
I did the same for you friend!
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #75
USN Squid
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BacksJosh View Post
I did the same for you friend!
I knew I felt significant and validated all of a sudden!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #76
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Markus is going to kill me for doing this but I just can't resist. Okay everyone, here's what you've been waiting to hear....

OOTP 14 will be released on _____ the ____ 2013 to those that pre-ordered and on ____ the ____ 2013 to the masses.

What? Was you expecting me to actually tell you

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #77
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

What are you guys talking about? I've had OOTP 14 for two weeks now.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:59 AM   #78
Reggie
Major Leagues

Ok..I just read four pages and I still don't know when opening day or the release date is.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #79
OutfieldGrass
Minors (Double A)

I am sure this won't go over well but the reactions in this thread to the OP, who simply asked if there was a release date, likely will drive users away. The OP was told to take his ADHD medication, to stop this "crap" and generally treated very poorly. I've stopped posting often on the message boards for the same way and I am sure other are driven away. Its a shame. This should be a place that celebrates this game and that the users put their best effort to welcome new users, whether annoying or not, as friendly as possible. Unfortunately there are those that make it feel hostile at times.

Was the reaction to this question really necessary? I don't think so. Something tells me that if somebody asked a simple question in real life you wouldn't respond the same way. At least I hope not.

Just think that OP could be a kid who is experiencing this game for the first time. Don't drive them away before they even get started.
OutfieldGrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutfieldGrass View Post
I am sure this won't go over well but the reactions in this thread to the OP, who simply asked if there was a release date, likely will drive users away. The OP was told to take his ADHD medication, to stop this "crap" and generally treated very poorly. I've stopped posting often on the message boards for the same way and I am sure other are driven away. Its a shame. This should be a place that celebrates this game and that the users put their best effort to welcome new users, whether annoying or not, as friendly as possible. Unfortunately there are those that make it feel hostile at times.

Was the reaction to this question really necessary? I don't think so. Something tells me that if somebody asked a simple question in real life you wouldn't respond the same way. At least I hope not.

Just think that OP could be a kid who is experiencing this game for the first time. Don't drive them away before they even get started.

What crap is this? The OP asked the question and I gave him the official and correct answer. What happened later was due to people who just had to smart off.