Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2018, 09:53 PM   #9181
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger View Post
Lehighton Packers
Woah!
Tx, these are great, (talking about all three of the sets you've made). Can't wait to finish finals so I get these into my league. Would it be any trouble to have the three logos you've made too? They're way better than the generic logos in the game. If it's too much work, don't worry about. Thanks again for sharing all of your work with us. It's really changed the game for most of us.
ghostrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 03:53 PM   #9182
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrobot View Post
Woah!
Tx, these are great, (talking about all three of the sets you've made). Can't wait to finish finals so I get these into my league. Would it be any trouble to have the three logos you've made too? They're way better than the generic logos in the game. If it's too much work, don't worry about. Thanks again for sharing all of your work with us. It's really changed the game for most of us.

I didn't make any logos, I understood your original post to say that you were requesting uniform sets...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:02 PM   #9183
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Longview Cannibals

Longview Cannibals

In 1895, the professional San Antonio Missionaries visited Longview to play an exhibition game against the Longview amateur team. When Longview upset the visiting professionals by a 17-0 score, Longview newspapers crowed out the headline "Cannibals devour Missionaries!" Fans so liked the name that it stuck until 1939.
Did an 1920-30's set along with a 30-40's set of uniforms...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Old 12-06-2018, 04:05 PM   #9184
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Longview Cannibals

Longview Cannibals
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2018, 05:20 PM   #9185
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I didn't make any logos, I understood your original post to say that you were requesting uniform sets...
Sorry, I meant is there any way to get the three different logos you've used for each of the caps. The interlocking "PV," "MC," and "LP." They look much nicer than the generic stuff and nicer than any of the logos I have currently. If it's not possible, no worries. The sets are great, I can find something to go along with them. Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #9186
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrobot View Post
Sorry, I meant is there any way to get the three different logos you've used for each of the caps. The interlocking "PV," "MC," and "LP." They look much nicer than the generic stuff and nicer than any of the logos I have currently. If it's not possible, no worries. The sets are great, I can find something to go along with them. Thanks again.

Here ya go...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Old 12-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #9187
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I always love your small/cap logos, and you seem to be getting better and better at giving them all a little bit of panache. Any time you want to include those (since the formatted logos all look sort of the same when they're shrunk down for the dropdown menus) I'll appreciate it
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #9188
ghostrobot
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

Here ya go...
Thanks a million, Tx.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #9189
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Orange Hoo-Hoos

Orange Hoo-Hoos

Team got off to a losing start en route to a 50-65 mark, prompting disgruntled fans to "hoot" the team with owl-like yelp of hoo!-hoo!
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2018, 09:32 AM   #9190
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Not only are we getting some really excellent logos & uniform sets we're getting some cool historical perspective. You sir, are da man!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #9191
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Not only are we getting some really excellent logos & uniform sets we're getting some cool historical perspective. You sir, are da man!

tx-

With all this education, maybe you could create a dipolma that we could print to carry in our wallets or put on a resume!
Old 12-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #9192
txranger
Hall Of Famer

A baseball game in San Augustine, Texas, 1939. This is a perfect photo in every way. How Russell Lee was able to get such fine tonal gradation/distribution is beyond me. And I love how crooked the planks in the fence are, like they could fall down at any time.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #9193
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Victoria Rosebuds

Victoria Rosebuds

The team owners, the William Baird family, hailed from Pasadena, California, and named the team after the annual New Years's Day Rose Parade. The family had a rose garden planted just outside the Victoria ballpark.
Attached Images

Last edited by txranger; 12-10-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:54 PM   #9194
gskweres9
Major Leagues

txranger,

I've got a request for you and I believe it is one you will enjoy.

If you could make me a logo, home/away uniform, and caps (so full set) for the New Orleans Kingfish, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd also appreciate it if the brand would resemble present day brands as opposed to a '40s or '50s brand.

Why the Kingfish?

I wanted to think of a name for New Orleans that was out of the box, but wasn't Pelicans, Jazz, or something else that was obvious, but still a name that ties into the city really well.

Enter Kingfish.

"Kingfish" was the nickname of famous politician Huey P. Long. Long was a senator and governor of Louisiana in the '20s and '30s and was assassinated in 1935. Long had an interesting career as a politician, and many believe he was wildly corrupt, but he was still revered in New Orleans and throughout Louisiana.

Presently, the bridge that crosses the Mississippi River and takes you into New Orleans is called the Huey P. Long bridge.

The word Kingfish has a few other New Orleans ties as well. First, Kingfish is a nickname for the fish the King Mackerel, which is a species of mackerel specific to the Gulf of Mexico and can often be caught fishing in New Orleans.

One more distant tie to the name, is the history of New Orleans has so many ties to aristocracy and elites, and the first half of the word Kingfish ties to that.

So, with all that history in mind (and inspiration for the namesake) I'd love it if you could create a set.

If anyone else other than txranger would like to take a stab, then have at it. I'm not stopping you
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:57 PM   #9195
Motorhead667
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Victoria Rosebuds

The team owners, the William Baird family, hailed from Pasadena, California, and named the team after the annual New Years's Day Rose Parade. The family had a rose garden planted just outside the Victoria ballpark.
Tx, rosebuds logo absolutely fantastic, love it!!!!
Motorhead667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:04 PM   #9196
OmahaReynolds
All Star Reserve

Hey TX, would you be able to make a logo for the Salt Lake City Bees, using the same color scheme from the PCL Revisited set but in the circular style of the the Knuckler SSA League?
OmahaReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #9197
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Gonzales Cannons

Gonzales Cannons

A fictional team based on the Come and Take It flag and an historical event in the Texas Revolution...

The Battle of Gonzales was the first military engagement of the Texas Revolution. It was fought near Gonzales, Texas, on October 2, 1835, between rebellious Texian settlers and a detachment of Mexican army soldiers.
In 1831, Mexican authorities lent the settlers of Gonzales a small cannon to help protect them from frequent Comanche raids. Over the next four years, the political situation in Mexico deteriorated, and in 1835 several states revolted. As the unrest spread, Colonel Domingo de Ugartechea, the commander of all Mexican troops in Texas, felt it unwise to leave the residents of Gonzales with a weapon and requested the return of the cannon.
When the initial request was refused, Ugartechea sent 100 dragoons to retrieve the cannon. The soldiers neared Gonzales on September 29, but the colonists used a variety of excuses to keep them from the town, while secretly sending messengers to request assistance from nearby communities. Within two days, up to 140 Texians gathered in Gonzales, all determined not to give up the cannon. On October 1, settlers voted to initiate a fight. Mexican soldiers opened fire as Texians approached their camp in the early hours of October 2. After several hours of desultory firing, the Mexican soldiers withdrew.[1]
Although the skirmish had little military significance, it marked a clear break between the colonists and the Mexican government and is considered to have been the start of the Texas Revolution. News of the skirmish spread throughout the United States, where it was often referred to as the "Lexington of Texas". The cannon's fate is disputed. It may have been buried and rediscovered in 1936, or it may have been seized by Mexican troops after the Battle of the Alamo.

Attached Images

Old 12-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #9198
kjb023
Major Leagues

Very cool!
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #9199
txranger
Hall Of Famer

New Orleans Kingfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskweres9 View Post
txranger,

I've got a request for you and I believe it is one you will enjoy.

If you could make me a logo, home/away uniform, and caps (so full set) for the New Orleans Kingfish, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd also appreciate it if the brand would resemble present day brands as opposed to a '40s or '50s brand.

New Orleans Kingfish

Edited another Kingfish logos artwork to Mardi Gras-ish colors inspired by an old logo by Knuckler...
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2018, 06:48 PM   #9200
txranger
Hall Of Famer

New Orleans Kingfish

Caps and jerseys
Attached Images