Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Nonsensical card deactivation

For reasons unknown, my 100 Mike Trout was deactivated and replaced with 66 Clay Buchholz - and I did nothing that should have triggered this (willing to be proven wrong, but...). Had full lineups, all roles posted, had not touched Trout since I finished dancing after the pack pull and put him in my lineups midway through last season.

What's more, even if I'd somehow accidentally run AI something, I cannot fathom the reason why my best player would be demoted in favor of a bad SP - especially as I have several starters in my bullpen.

Happy to provide any additional information - this is extremely frustrating.

Gold .298, Bloomingdale Bandits
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

How many position players and pitchers did you have active prior to the moves?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:41 PM   #3
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Couldn't tell you for sure, but running modern MLB with 6.5 relievers (Ohtani being the .5). I've been closely following the threads about the AI getting its fingers where it doesn't belong, but was fortunate to only be a sympathetic observer - until now.

Thinking it through, I didn't make the playoffs, so my rotation/staff was still 5-man with normal roles. I'm stumped.

Only change I made was selling my backup C (Sundberg) and buying Posey yesterday while everyone else was in the playoffs.

EDIT: Thinking about this more, I did swap the roles of my long reliever and #5 SP - making sure each had an assigned role. But again, that's a like-for-like swap, and even if I'd messed something up, there's no way it would make any sense to demote my best position player to fix it.

Last edited by BoofBonser26; 12-31-2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 01-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

I'm not sure if there was a specific issue (I leave that to the smarter tech folks), but I did notice that some roster moves I made yesterday before the 1st sim were undone on the 2nd sim

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:34 PM   #5
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

It's happened again. Logged on this evening for the first time today (so first time this season) to find the team 5-16, very uncharacteristic - and sure enough, my #3 SP, Larry Dierker, is on my inactive roster for no reason. As a result, my team used a 4-man rotation for almost the entire month. I have a 24-man roster right now, so no card was called up in his place or anything.

The only thing different about the team this week is that I was able to actually check the end of the playoffs last night. However, I did not make any roster moves - just adjusted the depth chart playing time (ie every 3rd day vs. every 4th day) for a few subs. As far as I can recall, I didn't even touch my pitchers.

This is a crippling bug. Please let me know whatever information I can provide to get this fixed so it never happens again.

D359, Bloomingdale Bandits (I have the latest patch).
Attached Images
Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #6
Dxgarnett
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post
It's happened again. Logged on this evening for the first time today (so first time this season) to find the team 5-16, very uncharacteristic - and sure enough, my #3 SP, Larry Dierker, is on my inactive roster for no reason. As a result, my team used a 4-man rotation for almost the entire month. I have a 24-man roster right now, so no card was called up in his place or anything.

The only thing different about the team this week is that I was able to actually check the end of the playoffs last night. However, I did not make any roster moves - just adjusted the depth chart playing time (ie every 3rd day vs. every 4th day) for a few subs. As far as I can recall, I didn't even touch my pitchers.

This is a crippling bug. Please let me know whatever information I can provide to get this fixed so it never happens again.

Imagine one of your starting OFers being put on the inactive list as the playoffs start and then when you activate him, he gets designated with the 14 day delay so you basically can’t play him for most of the playoffs. That’s what happened to me. Crippling bug is an understatement.
Dxgarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:03 AM   #7
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoofBonser26 View Post

Early in January before a season started I acquired the 98 Lajoie card for a major upgrade at second base and put him in the lineup expecting good things. Like you I found him on the inactive roster having not played all month of April. Not only that, this happens every week, so I have to activate him pretty much right before the season opens each week.

I've had this happen with other players regularly... New acquisitions, especially if acquired during the break between sim days seem prone to this bug.

And one time, I acquired two cards mid day, moved them both to the active roster and after the next sim, only one had moved up, the other was inactive again. Both of the players I moved down had moved down to Reserve, but so had two other players I hadn't touched, complete with 14 day restrictions. Meanwhile, 3 players I didn't want on my active roster showed up there, and my lineups, rotation and bullpen roles had all been rearranged by the AI.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
RickenG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

See my thread "Random Roster Moves"....I had this happen with two-thirds of my roster. Something is amiss here and I hope they figure it out quickly.
RickenG is offline   Reply With Quote