Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Update, Version 4.2.46, Now Available

A new update for Franchise Hockey Manager 4, version 4.2.46, has just been released.

To apply the update:

-If you are playing the eSellerate version, just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.
-If you are playing the Steam version, the game will auto-update if you have that option active. If you don't see the update in your Steam update queue, you may need to exit and restart your Steam client.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

This is the second major update for FHM4, addressing more issues that have been reported since release. There's likely to be a longer gap between this update and the next one unless a maintenance update is required to fix urgent problems; we'll need the additional time to make larger changes and additions and get them through a proper testing cycle.

As always, we'll still be monitoring our forums and Facebook (FranchiseHockeyManager), Twitter (@FranchiseHockey), Reddit (/r/FranchiseHockey), etc. on a daily basis, answering questions and offering help as needed, so if you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know. Thanks for your continued support.

Changes:

-more adjustments to the lineup and player role selection system, should allow the AI to choose better tactic combinations as well as fixing the most serious remaining issues with line selection. Note: unlike the previous update, most of these changes are coding-related and not dependent on data, so they'll work immediately in saved games. However, we did also make some small data adjustments to the tactics and tactical roles, so if you want to get the full effect of those particular changes in an existing game, you can add their effects to a save by copying the files "tactics.dat" and "player_roles.dat" from the \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick folder to your save folder (i.e., the folder in saved_games with the .lg extension and the name of your saved game), overwriting the versions of the files that are currently there.
-fixed issues with creating a lineup and line selection in leagues with very low roster limits (e.g. the NHL in 1917) - note that the AI Setup Organization, Dress Players, and Create Lines functions all require that there be enough players on the roster to create a full lineup in order to function properly
-getting a popup warning (e.g. Healthy player on IR list) on the same day you get the season summary/season score popup will no longer prevent you from closing the warning popup
-goalies will no longer win the rookie of the year award every year (caused by changes to ROY games played criteria in last update)
-all players passed over in the NHL Draft should now be signable as free agents by NHL teams within the alloweed time period before the new season starts (i.e., undrafted CHL players must be signed before the WHL/OHL/QMJHL season starts)
-alumni lists should no longer display a few players who were never on that team
-value of older players in trades decreased a little more
-relative influence of the "Always start a goalie again after a shutout" criteria for goalie starts lowered
-bonuses from highest end of the goalie heat scale reduced slightly, should lower shutout frequency to a more normal level
-fixed issue that could lead to Champions League group stage teams playing each other an incorrect number of times
-scouts on permanent assignments can now have their reporting frequency changed - it won't revert back to the original value
-players who play in the Ivan Hlinka tournament no longer occasionally getting their VAC status stuck after the tournament ends
-the NHL will no longer have a February schedule break (and no all-star game) in 2022 and later Olympic years
-player scouting screen will no longer call players "very durable" when they have very high injury proneness ratings
-players will no longer occasionally get their number reversed (e.g. 91 to 19) at the start of game despite the preferred number being available
-postseason all-star team now uses the same criteria as the top goalie award for goalies, so the 1st All-Star goalie will always be the Top Goalie winner
-offer sheet compensation for NHL RFA's updated to the exact 2017-18 values
-missing Vegas helmet files added
-player-requested number changes re-enabled (had been temporarily disabled to avoid a crash issue, since fixed)
-the "meet demand" button in the negotiation screen no longer double-counts the current offer to the player when determining remaining available budget for the team
-CHL team trade windows screen no longer showing draft picks from previous years after the first season
-CHL import draft picks no longer also getting traded when regular picks are traded
-fixed errors in the ability and potential sections of the player scouting screen - players should now be compared to someone more appropriate for the comparison being made
-fixed potential crash if user quits international job during tournament
-Hall of Fame induction announcements no longer stop after 2018
-the "owner must approve coach firings" requirement is now disabled for the human player if commissioner mode is turned on
-historical games started before 1945 no longer begin with four pre-NHL players in the Hall of Fame
-the check to see if players gain a new nationality no longer counts 0-GP seasons as a year in that country
-no-trade clause and no-movement clause boxes in contract offers are now mutually exclusive, both can't be checked at once (player negotiation AI can't recognize NMC if NTC is also active)
-fixed issue with fit score display in the "Defender" slot for power play units that was showing LD with lower fit scores (internally, the correct value was still being used, issue was display-only)
-expanded NHL now uses generated rather than pre-created schedule, should avoid much earlier start dates that could e.g. conflict with World Cup
-various small text and interface changes and database adjustments
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
seven
All Star Reserve

Missing Vegas helmet files

The list of changes in the 4.2.46 update indicates that missing Vegas helmet files are now included. I could not find those helmet files in the graphics folder for OpeningDay.quick. Are they located somewhere else?
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

They should be in \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\graphics\helme t_pics - the file names are helmet_g_vegas_golden_knights.png and helmet_vegas_golden_knights.png.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
PaulContinuum
Bat Boy

I KNEW I was prudent to wait for the next patch! Now I can get my feet wet in this deep, deep game.
PaulContinuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

does the update work with ur current save or are you better off to restart ur save
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #6
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
They should be in \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\graphics\helme t_pics - the file names are helmet_g_vegas_golden_knights.png and helmet_vegas_golden_knights.png.

Thanks, but that's where I looked and they weren't there.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #7
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
does the update work with ur current save or are you better off to restart ur save
For certain parts of the updates, usually starting over gets the full effect. But many cases it'll still apply to saved games, too. It mainly depends what you're looking for and if you're willing to restart.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Thanks, but that's where I looked and they weren't there.
Hmm, I wonder if they got left out of the release version of the build. Anyone else missing them?

Regardless, I've attached them below, they can just be dropped in \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\graphics\helme t_pics and they'll appear in new games.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #9
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Hmm, I wonder if they got left out of the release version of the build. Anyone else missing them?

Regardless, I've attached them below, they can just be dropped in \Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 4\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick\graphics\helme t_pics and they'll appear in new games.
Jeff,

My apologies! It was in the wee hours of the morning when I downloaded the new update and checked for the Vegas helmet pics. I don't know why I didn't see them, but when I checked again just now getting ready to add the new version you kindly posted here, there they already were in the Quickstart folder, just as they should be. So all is well on that front. Sorry for the trouble.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:33 AM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

No problem, they got dropped out of one of the test builds, so it was entirely conceivable that they got missed again.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:38 AM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
Most of the time updates work with saves, for some fixes/tweaks it might take some time to see the new effect. If a fix/tweak will not show up in new games, we will note it.

Database updates never work in saves, they always need a new game.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:14 AM   #12
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Don't want to start a new thread for the question below - perhaps we can resurrect the Q&A thread from the FHM 3 forum for quick questions like these?

My question:

As a GM + Head coach, is there a way for me to set up the lines and have the assistants do the "coaching", that is, choose the best tactics/tactical roles and in-game adaptations while keeping my lines intact?

If not, can I accomplish the above by having a head coach and me being only the GM?
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:40 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

No to both. The lineup selection AI (used by the head coach if you're in GM-only mode or the assistant if you're letting him set lineups) takes into account the tactics and the players' relative usefulness in the required tactical roles when it builds the lines, so the two can't really be separated from each other at this point.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:36 AM   #14
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlan View Post
Don't want to start a new thread for the question below - perhaps we can resurrect the Q&A thread from the FHM 3 forum for quick questions like these?

My question:

As a GM + Head coach, is there a way for me to set up the lines and have the assistants do the "coaching", that is, choose the best tactics/tactical roles and in-game adaptations while keeping my lines intact?

If not, can I accomplish the above by having a head coach and me being only the GM?
what i do with my save is i let my assistant set the roles and icetime and such but i set my lines as to who plays with who and pp lines nad such but my assistant sets the icetime and roles
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:48 AM   #15
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks a lot for update. But in every update in standard league NY Rangers trades Ryan McDonagh, their key player. It`n not he bug, but please improve it if you can.
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote