Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #41
Samhaz
Bat Boy

any way to preorder on steam? I have been having computer problems and moving fhm 3 to a different computer was a pain.
Samhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:49 AM   #42
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhaz View Post
any way to preorder on steam? I have been having computer problems and moving fhm 3 to a different computer was a pain.
Sorry, we are not able to do pre-orders on Steam. You still get the same pre-order discount (10%) when the game is officially released on Steam on Oct. 6th.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #43
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caca0o View Post
OK thanks. So when I order a pre-order version I get a cd-key, which I can use later for steam? or will I play the game without steam?
No. The key you get for pre-order is eSellerate only. The game will be officially released on Steam on Oct 6th and will give the same start discount of 10%.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #44
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirly View Post
Hey guys! Looks great...

My biggest question is can you load a saved game from FHM3 to continue it in FHM4? I'm several seasons deep in a successful game and would hate to have to end it so soon.

Thanks!
Sorry, that is not possible. The reason for that is that we change so much from version to version that, at this point, it is impossible to allow such thing. In the future, when we have the core game more defined, we will surely add it.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #45
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFyvie View Post
Does the new game have Pre-season/Training Camp featured?
Answered on HFBoards http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=285

QUESTION - Has a proper camp and preseason system been included?
ANSWER - Not yet. We've got a format we think it's workable, but there wasn't enough time to implement it yet. But it was very close to going in for the release version, and is at or near the top of the list for new features right now.
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 PM   #46
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Franchise Hockey Manager 4: The Most Hockey Ever!

New features in FHM 4:

Unprecedented customization

FHM 4 features even more ways to set up a league. In additional to pre-configured structures, choose the number of conferences and divisions in your league, its schedule length, and the number of teams.

Commissioner Mode

You can now take the top-level view in all game types and make changes as you see fit.

Staggering detail

Many more new features include
A new Hall of Fame system
Line chemistry
Player uniform number assignments
Postseason awards
Dramatically expanded statistical tracking
Single game records
Club alumni lists
In-game audio and visual enhancements
And much more!
[/I]
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the new customization options. I know I'm in the minority, but custom leagues and options are really important to me. So happy that I can purchase and support the series again.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #47
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

alls i gotta say is you had me at U17... Im a big Major Junior players and now that it has U17 now just WOW

You guys say we can go back to the expansion date and redraft the team.. My question is if i play Major Juniors type thing are we allow to say start back at 2016-2017 and have them join back in June with another team etc and redo the entry draft?

Are we allow to edit the divisions and move teams around say bring in Quebec and put them in the East with having 31 teams and such

Last edited by Sabres2000; 09-22-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #48
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, Vegas is a special case, starting with them is the only way to redo something that happened pre-July 1, 2017 (and even then, it's still limited to only redrafting the players they could actually have taken on expansion draft day, the rest of the team's earlier/later acquisitions are still there.)

Not possible to edit the divisions and move teams; you can still expand in future years and edit team locations manually (without changing divisions, although I guess you could just edit to swap the team names, locations, arenas, etc. of teams in two different divisions.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #49
croatian
All Star Starter

croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #50
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's pretty much always better to take the USD rate on eSellerate and let your bank/credit card company do the conversion for you (and it seems particularly noticeable with their USD-to-CAD rates.) It'll default to Canadian dollars, but you can just switch it back to US from the dropdown menu on the order page, which will give you the regular discounted price.
Yes this is the best way.

However check your own CC agreement to see how much of a premium over the existing rate they may be gouging you with. It can be a further 3%-6% on top. I have an Amazon.ca card that doesn't add the premium. It's a noticeable savings

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:34 AM   #51
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Pre-Ordered
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #52
croatian
All Star Starter

I have Intel G1610 2,6 ghz, 8 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 512 MB, is it enough to play FHM 4 ?
Old 09-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #53
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
I have Intel G1610 2,6 ghz, 8 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 512 MB, is it enough to play FHM 4 ?
Yes, that'll work.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:58 PM   #54
caca0o
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have a little question about The line chemistry system. When I play only GM and I will have a coach will line-up consist of a special chemistry system?
caca0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #55
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

if i pre-order it Wednesday thursday next week can i still get it early or is there a cut off date for the early release?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #56
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caca0o View Post
I have a little question about The line chemistry system. When I play only GM and I will have a coach will line-up consist of a special chemistry system?
The AI (including the one running a non-human coach on a human-owned team) isn't taking chemistry into account right now, there are a few other refinements I want to make to the line selection before that gets taken into account.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:16 PM   #57
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
if i pre-order it Wednesday thursday next week can i still get it early or is there a cut off date for the early release?
No cutoff, the pre-order will be available right up until the full release on October 6.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #58
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

This is the only game series left that I am preorder with no hesitation. It's come leaps and bounds from FHM 1, and I can't wait to get my hands on 4!

Unfortunately I couldn't play 3 as much as I'd of liked due to my laptop having a Core M chip which made the game very slow. Getting a new one hopefully before October 2nd, and I'm curious... What effects performance more for FHM, core speed or core count? For example comparing the 7th Gen i7 dual core to the 8th Gen i7 quad core from Intel, would there be any significant differences in how fast the game sims?
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 AM   #59
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omjo View Post
What effects performance more for FHM, core speed or core count? For example comparing the 7th Gen i7 dual core to the 8th Gen i7 quad core from Intel, would there be any significant differences in how fast the game sims?
Core speed will matter more, we're not using multithreading like OOTP does yet.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:06 AM   #60
croatian
All Star Starter

https://www.operationsports.com/wp-c.../challenge.jpg

I saw in this screenshot that FHM online profile is mentioned, what is that?