Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
ZMan
Minors (Double A)

Owner for 24-tm season replay league in its 7th season (dynasty, daily sims, active tms, MLB-styled)

Hello.

I am the commissioner of an OOTP replay league that is entering its seventh season, and at the moment we are looking for one, possibly two replacement owners.

The New England Simulated Baseball League, or NESBL, is a 24-team simulated baseball league patterned after MLB (American and National Leagues, four six-team divisions, no interleague play) that utilizes OOTP to play a daily-simulated head-to-head 162-game season plus three best-of-seven playoff rounds.

Each season, player ratings and maximum playing time in our league are defined according to their performance in the previous year's MLB season (2014 statlines for 2015).

Each general manager in our league builds a 75-man system: a 25-man major league team, a 25-man AAA team filled with major league reserve players that can be called up or sent down at will, and a 25-man AA team to stockpile prospects with no major league experience for future NESBL seasons. The NESBL is a dynasty league; you have all your players under contract until the conclusion of their sixth major league season. After that, you are allowed to retain a small number of core 6+ year veterans between seasons.

Participants in the league undertake many key aspects of the real-life general manager experience: trading, signing free agents, drafting minor league prospects, and making roster decisions (forming depth charts, lineups, pitching rotations) that the game's simulated on-field management then deploys in the daily-simulated games. We run the league through a combination of a message board and e-mail. All stats and daily reports for the league are stored and updated daily during the season on a league website.

Two of our founding members, the California Angels and Montreal Expos, have had career changes this fall that have restricted their hobby time and have chosen to amicably exit after six seasons. Here's a brief summary of what the adoptive general managers of these franchises would be getting:

California Angels
The Angels were world champions in our inaugural season and are just coming off of their third playoff run. The core of their lineup includes Jayson Werth, Evan Longoria, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Jose Abreu, who will make his NESBL debut this year. Their rotation is anchored by Jordan Zimmermann, Garrett Richards, and Anibal Sanchez. The farm system has four promising arms in A.J. Cole, Max Fried, and Matt Wisler, and Kyle Zimmer. The Angels will draft 3rd in the 2015 free agent draft (even rounds reverse), and 21st in each amateur draft round. Tommy Lasorda has managed the Angels since 2009.

Montreal Expos
Les Expos de Montréal lost to the Angels in the 2009 World Series, and made another playoff appearance in 2013. Since 2010, they have been engaged in a massive rebuilding project that has had some successes but also setbacks. Their best hitters are Mike Trout, Nolan Arenado, Yadier Molina, Travis d'Arnaud, and Desmond Jennings. The rotation, with Johnny Cueto, Ervin Santana, and Francisco Liriano, should be fairly strong in 2015. With all of their prospect graduations to the major leagues, the farm system is in need of a huge refresh, with shortstop Francisco Lindor the only major prospect. The Expos will draft 8th in the 2015 free agent draft (even rounds reverse), and 11th in each amateur draft round. Jack McKeon is their current manager.

There's no buy-in/charge to play in our league. We just play for the love of the game and an affinity for sabermetrics/analytics and fantasy/simulated sports. Likewise, we are looking for folks who see this hobby as a labor of love and are willing to make a long-term commitment to a friendly league community. A lot of "dynasty" leagues fail to live up to their promise because of the inevitable years of growing pains or mass owner turnover, but we're a very stable league built for the long haul. I've been commissioner of the same fantasy football league since 1992, so I'm well-versed in the challenges of keeping a league dynamic, interesting, and running smoothly.

I guess the main caveat of this league is that while the in-season management of your team can vary based on how much micro-management and tinkering you like to do, the draft season (late January to March) does require daily involvement and the ability to respond reasonably promptly to email or texts.

If any of this sounds interesting, email me at nesbl2009 at gmail for more information. Or you can message me on the board here, though I will be quicker to respond to an email. At that point I can send you a more detailed prospectus on what our league is about, and you can judge whether this league is the right fit for you.
ZMan is offline   Reply With Quote