Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Online Leagues

OOTP 15 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 15 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

Paramount Baseball League Entering Its 23rd season!!

The Paramount Baseball League (PBL) is entering its 23rd season as we are on the verge of finishing another amazing playoff and are preparing to head into the 2032 off-season.

The PBL has thrived on so many original or close to original members of the league being around long term, this year we were unfortunate to lose a few great, longstanding GMs due to non-OOTP reasons and the door remains open for them to return in the near future. Family, Work and Medical reasons took too many great GMs this year (3) and the usual walking away from OOTP GM nomads left us with our most team needs to fill in league history.

The PBL has been too strong for too many years (4 real years) to let this slow us down.

The following teams are currently open:
Chicago Cubs; PBL best 107 wins
Colorado Rockies; 81 wins this year but most eccentric GMs in PBL history have led this franchise since the beginning. Great tradition of winning, assholes welcome!
Detroit Tigers; 60 wins; need a dedicated GM to rebuild
Los Angeles Angels; 72 wins, off an 88 win season, GM lost for medical reasons team unattended to, potential is there.
Los Angeles Dodgers; 83 wins in tough division
St. Louis Cardinals 63 wins; need rebuilding efforts
Washington Nationals; 90 wins in strongest division

The league has 32 teams (expanded to Montreal and Carolina years ago) and we use the DH in the National League as well. We have international scouting on and introduced a new feature this year in which we will vote on going forward.

The new feature was Isaac Zevin, a super agent for the players who was in charge of handling ALL contract extensions in order to get some money out of the owners pockets and into the players. This allowed us to start preventing teams from beating the AI and signing extensions for .25 cents on the dollar.

We are going to be patient as we are looking for the right owners to join the league, ones that we consider to be the right fit for us. This doesn’t mean we don’t want new GMs who never been in online leagues, we welcome you as much as we would welcome the guys who been doing this 10 years. We just want committed, hard working, active guys to join a league they, like all of us, will be proud to be apart of.

Even after deleting many posts, our current forum is host to 64,474 posts in 4,873 threads. We have a league archive for every news story, trade, draft, etc which makes for great reading to go back and view some of our rich, detailed history.

PM me here or shoot me an email at derek.bobola@gmail.com

[B]League reports page: Here

[B]League forum page: Here
Dbobola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #2
lh34
Bat Boy

Great league, all the current GM's are fantastic and the league activity is great as well!

Having the independant agent to negotiate contracts with is an added challenge that adds realism and fairness into the game, and is surely something that no other league out there has.

We also have a fairly fast sim schedule (2 days on 1 day off), so rebuilding isn't nearly as daunting as it is in other slower moving leagues.

If you're on the fence about joining a league, give the PBL a shot, you will not regret it
lh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
DocHalladay
Minors (Single A)

Can't say enough how great this league is. And it all starts with the commissioner. He is one dedicated dude, and a testament to his leadership is how active his GM's are, both in transactions and board activity.

If you are looking for a challenge (crazy-smart GM's), a league with a rich history and a fast-moving league then you owe it to yourself to join a great OOTP league!
DocHalladay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Rebington
Minors (Single A)

I had to leave this league because of other time commitments but it'll always be best league I've ever been a part of.

- Very active forum, great GMs, incredibly dedicated commish

If you're looking for a well established, very competitive league this is the one for you.
Rebington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #5
Robert Savard
Minors (Double A)

I am interested to join this league I have been playing since day one of the OOTP, I am not afraid of challenge, so let me know what is available and I will step in right away
Robert
r.savard5@rogers.com
Robert Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
wdhampton
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am also interested in joining if there is still a team available.

Warren H.
wdhampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
baseballbuzz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Very interested. sent you a pm.

OOTP Leagues
RDBL - Rays (2018)
baseballbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #8
calively
Bat Boy

Do you still have openings? I am new to online but not to OOTP.
calively is offline   Reply With Quote