Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

How do you import individual historical players?

Hi, I don't see any file anywhere that has individual players in it. Do I have to create it?

Can I import individual players into a historical league I create without importing whole teams?
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Go to your League Transactions, Free Agents, then look to the bottom right and click Import Historical Player(s)... You will then need to select the Master.csv or the Historical_database.odb file, then enter the Historical Player ID and the season year, make any changes to the other options and select Import Player...
You can import multiple players at one time by making up a simple text file listing their historical id's, the season year and saving this text file, then select that file from the Historical Player Import Options menu where it says "Click here to Select File"...

Example of text file for multiple imports at one time:

AlleyDa41,1921
AnheiCl41,1921
BarryDi41,1921
BlaehHa41,1921
BraugBa41,1921
BrinlEa41,1921

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Also, keep in mind that you should use the Baseball Reference website to get the player IDs. If you look at the player ID at the end of the URL for each player's profile on Baseball Reference, you can use that same ID in OOTP to import the player. They come from the same source.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
txranger
Hall Of Famer

You can try using this spreadsheet by Bigrod... It makes importing players a little easier...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rical+importer

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Thanks

Thanks Charlie Hough and txranger !

I was wondering how you got the player ids - I know baseball reference, never noticed them there.

Great. Appreciate it.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
Thanks Charlie Hough and txranger !

I was wondering how you got the player ids - I know baseball reference, never noticed them there.

Great. Appreciate it.
The address line has the player ID. Baseball Players with Last Names Starting with B - Baseball-Reference.combaineha01.shtml
Harold Baines Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #7
WildManDrew
Bat Boy

I can't find the historical or master file?
WildManDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildManDrew View Post
I can't find the historical or master file?
If you are on a PC they are located in My Documents - OOTP - Stats. If you are on a MAC look in My Library, can't help ya after that for a MAC.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:12 AM   #9
TXRANGERFAN
Bat Boy

I guess that I must be dumber than 3 boxes of rocks because I am unable to get the import to work. I created a small text file for simplicity purposes, saved it to the desktop.

AaronHa01,1954
RuthBa01,1927
KoufaSa01,1963

I guess I need someone to draw a picture for me. When I go to the transactions and select import historical player, I see the screen that tells me to select master.csv or historical_database.odb file from the database. Below that, I see the default installation folder C:/Program files (x86)/Out of the Park Developments/ OOTP Baseball 17/default_data. In the selection box below, one of my choices is a zip file, database_files.zip. Is that the proper file to select? After I choose that and select confirm, I then get to the historical player import options and choose click here to select file to choose the text file that I created and saved on the desktop.I locate the text file and select it, get to the historical player import options, only make one change to the default by choosing to import the player into the free agent pool. When I try to import, I receive a message that the import failed.

If I try importing one player at a time, following the same procedure, instead of selecting the text file, I enter for example the historical player id, ruthba01 and the year, 1927 and receive the same message that the historical player import failed.

I know, that it is operator error on my part. Would someone please be so kind as to point out the error of my ways? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
TXRANGERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote