Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #101
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
When you've finished tailoring your roster, export it for future use instead of importing your regular PT roster every time
I have a couple of different exports already: Open-Historical, Gold-Historical... and they import automatically when I enter a tourney with those rules. They are saved in a folder called "tournament rosters" if you want to copy those exports to a second computer.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #102
Kris Jardine
OOTP Developments

For people having issues on Mac - It's an issue we are running into the Mac Gatekeeper. If you Find the app, Ctrl-click on it, click on "Open", same dialog will pop up but with an "Open" button, that should get it running for you while we work on a solution in the meantime

Webstore - https://ootpdevelopments.onfastspring.com/games/
Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...k_Baseball_22/
Kris Jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #103
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
When you've finished tailoring your roster, export it for future use instead of importing your regular PT roster every time
That helps a little, but I still have to reset my lineups each time. I can save and import lineups, but then the depth chart needs to be fixed. I will try copying a depth chart from the main game and try to paste in tournament mode. But I still shouldn't have to do anything IF I could change the default.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #104
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if it was looked over but my tournament roster was completely changed pre and post starting

nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #105
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
That helps a little, but I still have to reset my lineups each time. I can save and import lineups, but then the depth chart needs to be fixed. I will try copying a depth chart from the main game and try to paste in tournament mode. But I still shouldn't have to do anything IF I could change the default.
The import/export function solves all of this. Be sure to "submit" before you export.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #106
bailey
Hall Of Famer

This is the only import/export button I see. Are there others?
This button only changes the players imported and importing what I want still does not change the default, nor does it affect lineups and depth charts. I think the bizarre choices of the AI was caused by the lack of fielding expertise of some of my players, but that's a different issue.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 299
Size:  107.5 KB
Old 11-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #107
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand why sometimes a tournament shows positional training and sometimes it doesn't
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #108
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I don't understand why sometimes a tournament shows positional training and sometimes it doesn't
It's a bug.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #109
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Is it a display bug where it never takes it into account, or does it randomly sometimes use the trained ratings?
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:55 PM   #110
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is the only import/export button I see. Are there others?
This button only changes the players imported and importing what I want still does not change the default, nor does it affect lineups and depth charts.
Yes, you set up the lineup and depth charts as you want and hit "submit". Then you export. The next time that you start a similar tourney, it will import that file and the lineups will be the same.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #111
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Found a 'Hide Scores' bug - when I've won an elimination game, this box has ' - Today' added to it, whereas when I've lost, it appears as below. I guess this is now a problem because of the defined everyday schedule in some tournaments
Attached Images
Old 11-11-2019, 07:34 PM   #112
ElementalKnight
Minors (Single A)

Tournaments rock. They're making the game much more interactive. I appreciate the work the team has done to get this to this polished a state.

Two issues:

My secondary logo repeatedly is getting changed to one that is . . . more brown? I don't understand how that's even a thing. Every time I fix it, it gets replaced again.

Also, I don't know if this is a design choice or something that will be fixed, but please let position training carry over to tournaments. If PT21 wants to have tournaments with no position training, that's fine. But at this stage, I've structured my roster with training in mind, and it'd be really disappointing for it to not carry over when I've invested a lot of time in it.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #113
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Yes, you set up the lineup and depth charts as you want and hit "submit". Then you export. The next time that you start a similar tourney, it will import that file and the lineups will be the same.
I imported my roster.
Changed my lineups and submitted
Then I went back to export the roster, but that did not save my lineups upon entering the next tournament.

I hope on the next update, everything gets wiped out so I can start all over again. Either that, or it is very unintuitive about how to go and set your lineups, pitching, depth charts and rosters once and for all.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #114
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

I would love a way to sort tourneys by rewards

rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #115
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Is it a display bug where it never takes it into account, or does it randomly sometimes use the trained ratings?
I don't know for sure, but I think it is the second description.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #116
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I imported my roster.
Changed my lineups and submitted
Then I went back to export the roster, but that did not save my lineups upon entering the next tournament.

I hope on the next update, everything gets wiped out so I can start all over again. Either that, or it is very unintuitive about how to go and set your lineups, pitching, depth charts and rosters once and for all.
Was the next tournament the same type as the one where you saved? Did you save in a tourney setup or in the PT roster? - because saving in the regular PT roster is not what I am doing.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #117
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

As you might imagine, some of these "open" tournaments look like a who's who of whales. Trying a few of these out and it's quite the impressive list of teams.

I wish I had known rewards would be a thing this week, because I wouldn't have planned on making my tournament teams for next week...mildly disappointed. Emphasis on the "mild" part.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #118
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
Just got eliminated in a best of 5 but at least I made it to the second round. I like how on the main screen it gives an 'EXAMINE' link for the eliminated team. So I can go about performing a proper autopsy .
That EXAMINE button is key. My team is 0-1 in tournaments and my team's 3-hit performance whilst getting shutout is like a car wreck where you just can't look away.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #119
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Was the next tournament the same type as the one where you saved? Did you save in a tourney setup or in the PT roster? - because saving in the regular PT roster is not what I am doing.
At this point I have no idea what I'm doing. As I said UNINTUITIVE. Then I check a tournament which is a best of 3 8-man (so up to 9 games in a row) and the AI has given me a 3-man starting rotation. Where did that come from??? So I quickly added Rixey and Hubbell to the starting rotation and the next tournament I enter Rixey and Hubbell are in the starting rotation.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:42 PM   #120
Alaric410
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Daily tournament timing?

Can someone explain the timing of daily tournaments for me? i.e.. when they open and whether they need to be full to run?

I entered a daily tournament earlier but it was slow to fill and and at some point the start time appeared to get pushed back by an hour. Then I stepped away for a few hours and came back and the start time was now 18 hours away. I withdrew because I didn't want it taking up one of my three slots for that whole period. Now I can see some daily tournaments running but none available to enter.

Is it a daily cycle and times get pushed back until full, including to the next day?
Alaric410 is offline   Reply With Quote