Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 09-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Help with park editing

Need some help here, and rather than gom up neilsoncp's thread I am creating a separate thread for this.

I am trying to create a park for my Amarillo team, but not having much luck.

I tried what neilsoncp suggested below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
After looking at the park more closely, I think you could use the Austin park and put the Round Rock skyline file in, and it would approximate what you're looking for in Amarillo (wouldn't be exactly the same, but I think it would give the big Texas skyline feel.) You could also take a look at the latest Tulsa version and see if that would be something you're interested in tweaking - I think you could throw the Round Rock skyline in and see if that fits.

And as far as modding goes, it should be pretty easy to remove them in game. Just go into the templates or stadium texture files and erase/color over them - there's a short video that shows how you can do that in the first post of this thread.
I downloaded his Austin stadium and the Round Rock textures, then re-named all files from Dell Diamond to Amarillo Stadium.

It (sort of) worked, EXCEPT for the 3D model when I manually imported into the game. The model turned up black, so not sure where I went wrong in the process.

I also tried to use the web-based Park Generator to create Hodgetown (current home of the Sod Poodles), but I don't know how to get the XML file to be read by OOTP.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Need some help here, and rather than gom up neilsoncp's thread I am creating a separate thread for this.

I am trying to create a park for my Amarillo team, but not having much luck.

I tried what neilsoncp suggested below:

I downloaded his Austin stadium and the Round Rock textures, then re-named all files from Dell Diamond to Amarillo Stadium.

It (sort of) worked, EXCEPT for the 3D model when I manually imported into the game. The model turned up black, so not sure where I went wrong in the process.

I also tried to use the web-based Park Generator to create Hodgetown (current home of the Sod Poodles), but I don't know how to get the XML file to be read by OOTP.
Hey Arc,

I think I may know what happened. If you renamed the files outside of the game, chances are the .mtl tile (the file that tells ootp where to find the textures so they show up in game) is looking for /model/dell_diamond_park (or whatever the correct directory name is) and can't find it. When it can't find the correct file it shows up as a black space when the model is loaded - hence the reason everything is black.

A quick (5ish min max) solution would be to delete your stadium file and re-unzip and install the Dell Diamond stadium, then copy over the background (the skyline_day and skyline_night files) with your desired one in the /dell_diamond_textures file.

After you re-install the file to the /model folder, open up OOTP, go into the stadium editor, and load in the dell_diamond.prk file (either over your existing stadium or into a new one). Double check the 3d model to make sure it loads correctly.

Then go back to the park profile screen, change the name of the park (and location/weather, if that matters to you). Click on the actions tab, then click "export this park's data to a file."

Go to your /saved game/save name file. There should be an import/export folder - in there you should find a hodgetown_park.prk file. Paste that in the Dell Diamond file, and whenever you want to use your version of hodgetown_park in the future it should be there for you.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
OOTP can't read the XML files (OOTP still uses their own proprietary data files for that), so you have to input all of the park factors and dimensions into OOTP by hand. The factors are what really matter, the dimensions are largely cosmetic.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Thanks nielsoncp for that explanation.

After a couple of tries at it, I was able to achieve my desired results.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote