Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 11-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Facegen - Women

trying to create a diverse baseball universe with some women, but everytime i try to creat a women using a celeb's pic from google images it never quite comes out right, maybe its the lack of long hair that makes it look weird but here r 2 examples of girls i did that look weird for me.
i used Hayden Pantierre and denis richards as the base for these 2.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

I think the Hayden one is ok. The other one is a bit odd, but not awful.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
hefalumps
All Star Starter

I need to learn more about Facegen, specifically with regards to Photofit. Is there an easy way to add hairstyles? Right now I'm playing as the Orioles in the 1980s, and Eddie Murray just doesn't look quite right without his signature 70s/80s hair style. Same will go for Johnny Damon once I get into the 2000s.

Time to go googling for a tutorial...
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

The faces look fine, I think it's mainly the lack of hair that makes it look odd.

I know hair has always been one of those odd issues with FaceGen in-game but I believe it was technically difficult to get decent looking hair.
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

put facial hair on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damientheomen3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #6
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Yeah just did a little reading up on hair and FaceGen and it seems non-trivial to add, especially using PhotoFit. Looks like you'd have to add the hair to the PhotoFit file itself (instead of it being added dynamically like facial hair), so you'd end up having multiple PhotoFit files for the same player throughout his career.

I might play around with Eddie Murray's photofit at some point - see how bad I can muck it up.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #7
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
I need to learn more about Facegen, specifically with regards to Photofit. Is there an easy way to add hairstyles?
I throw down the gauntlet of challenge to one . . . Bobble!

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-hair-mod.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...od-v2-0-a.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-requests.html
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
I throw down the gauntlet of challenge to one . . . Bobble!
Sorry, I haven't seen this until now.

I've actually thought about how to do long hair but OOTP doesn't currently support it: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ow-bobble.html

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
Dreifort
Major Leagues

Could it be that the two faces used are just ugly?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #10
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreifort View Post
Could it be that the two faces used are just ugly?
u find Hayden Pantierre ugly? every photo for any female celebrity that i have facegened all comes out basically the same.......part of the problem is finding a female celebrity photo where they r not smiling.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
rickert
Minors (Double A)

Is there a league using real female celebrity photos that has a website? I've lost the link to it. Thanks.
rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickert View Post
Is there a league using real female celebrity photos that has a website? I've lost the link to it. Thanks.
i havent seen it in my ABF league i have maybe 50 different women facegens but no i just use a standard 4 black, white, asian, latin.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #13
kehowey
Major Leagues

I have just started an all female league patterned after the National Pro Fastpitch (NFP) league. I have 4 teams of 16 players per team. I am using Facegen to make the faces. I began by using Facegen's photofit feature but now generate my own faces. They are bigger files and more intricate. Yes, if you do use photofit then the source cannot being showing any teeth or you can get a second set when the photofit is smiling. I will keep the OOTP Forum up to date on my progress.
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehowey View Post
I have just started an all female league patterned after the National Pro Fastpitch (NFP) league. I have 4 teams of 16 players per team. I am using Facegen to make the faces. I began by using Facegen's photofit feature but now generate my own faces. They are bigger files and more intricate. Yes, if you do use photofit then the source cannot being showing any teeth or you can get a second set when the photofit is smiling. I will keep the OOTP Forum up to date on my progress.
Feel like sharing that facegen file with me? I plan on doing a 5000 person set soon which will include made NFP players along with celebs but I always have had issues getting the women to come out properly.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

As good a place as any

I have thought it would be interesting to have a gender setting/variable (akin to the foreign players % I suppose) to use to either mix in female players or to set up whole leagues, I guess with facegen and such.

I didn't post before because I thought I was the only one, but I see I'm not the only one interested.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #16
Chicagofan76
Banned

1 thing I like about Baseball Mogul 2000? was that it would bring in women after a certain yr. With my 2 leagues where I have women in I create them from scratch. Mostly they r celebs or ex GF's. for most I have a picture of them and try to recreate it using Si Facegen, but they hardly ever look like the orig. Being able to add long hair would help for both men (Manny) and women.
While I dont ever see Markus adding women to this, which I am cool with, it would be nice to have.

most of the women in my historical fictional Endor league r avg to below avg players, most r MR or middle IF. I had 1 HOF er in Dottie Hinson and 1 that looked like she will make it in eventually in Anna Kournikova who has had 4 consecutive season of 100 or more SB, career avg of .341 thru 7 sns...she is also the worst defensive player ever with 67 errors at SS, 29 at 1B 1 sn and 34 splitting time between LF, CF, 2B

Last edited by Chicagofan76; 05-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLoophole View Post
I have thought it would be interesting to have a gender setting/variable (akin to the foreign players % I suppose) to use to either mix in female players or to set up whole leagues, I guess with facegen and such.

I didn't post before because I thought I was the only one, but I see I'm not the only one interested.
I agree. It would be cool to be able to have women's or mixed leagues. It is, however, a somewhat divisive issue.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:04 PM   #18
GMLoophole
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I agree. It would be cool to be able to have women's or mixed leagues. It is, however, a somewhat divisive issue.
Well, that's weird. I can understand not spending significant programming resources on it, but it would be a cool option to have.
GMLoophole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #19
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Let me just say, with no irony intended, and with all due respect, that I am totally not surprised that you have ex GF's among the women in your league.
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #20
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHoward View Post
Let me just say, with no irony intended, and with all due respect, that I am totally not surprised that you have ex GF's among the women in your league.
Made me chuckle. No way they can tell him they're out of his league now!

Oh, and I can't see Denise Richards ever looking anything but odd, because she IS odd. I'm grimacing a bit, having even typed her name.

Last edited by endgame; 05-13-2011 at 07:01 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote