Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-31-2019, 11:00 PM   #4701
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Vikings are out of the playoffs, but still find ways to enjoy themselves. Just racked up a 20-0 win against the Quantum Condors. The latter featured the pitching talents of Smoky Burgess and Rod Carew. Smoky pitched himself to a respectable ERA of 162.00!
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:22 AM   #4702
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Vikings are out of the playoffs, but still find ways to enjoy themselves. Just racked up a 20-0 win against the Quantum Condors. The latter featured the pitching talents of Smoky Burgess and Rod Carew. Smoky pitched himself to a respectable ERA of 162.00!
Only 3 baserunners over 1 and a third? And a K? I didn't know Rod Carew was a two way player...

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 09-01-2019 at 01:26 AM.
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:26 AM   #4703
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Only 3 baserunners over 1 and a third? I didn't know Rod Carew was a two way player...
2 hits, 2 homers, 2 earned runs. Carew is basically Verlander/Kershaw on the mound.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:07 AM   #4704
Magus978
All Star Starter

I won't be around for most of the day tomorrow, so I'll need someone to send the bronze head to heads to Stanley.

I did take care of the gold head to heads tonight, and those have been sent in.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:32 AM   #4705
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Update

Boogie Knights claim crown in Diamond OL

The Boogie Knights played 12-4 ball in September as they zoomed to the top in the Diamond OL league. Congratulations to Boogie!

Non OL Playoffs News
  • Chippewa plays at Boogie in the AC wildcard
  • The winner faces Annandale, who led the AC in wins and captured the AC Central
  • Motown and Roncali will play in the other sub-league series
  • Port Ruppert will play at Hampton Roads in the NC wildcard game.
So we have 2 guaranteed and possibly 3 promotions to Perfect next year.

No team will be relegated from Diamond.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:20 AM   #4706
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Sanguine Cops Second Crown in OL G307

The Classics broke a 14-year drought to add to their collection. Fan Club president, Rosey Outlook, commented, "We never, ever, lost faith in the boys. We're always behind them 100%, hoping for the best. This is what the best feels like."

In that other league, Sanguine and the Washington Base Stealers won their divisions, while the Philadelphia Patriots will play in the wild card game. In the National, the Janesville Onyx, New York Patriots, and Arkham Horrors each won their division.

As far as I can determine, assuming the PT seeding is straight-forward, the Classics, as the number one seed will face the winner of the wild card game. Arkham is also a number one seed, so, at this point, I guess either Janesville or New York is sure to be promoted. No team will be relegated.

Many thanks to Magus the Magnanimous for sending me the stats.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #4707
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Birds Cruise to Crown in OL S314

Redmond turned on auto-pilot and coasted in at 6-4, to claim their second crown. Fan club president Birdie Plover waxed poetic, exlcaiming,"Time to rest in the nest as the best!" Everett continued their torrid stretch run, going, 18-7, to grab second.

In other league news, they playoff tree is attached. Terra Incognita and San Pedro played a game 163 to decide the second wild card in the NC, with the Cerrano losing a 4-0 lead late, then tying the game in the top of the 9th, before falling in the bottom of the final frame, 6-5.

The Seattle Raniers will be headed to bronze next year. At least three teams will be going to gold.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 09-01-2019, 08:40 AM   #4708
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Birds Soar in Silver!

Congratulations. It seems I don't have your logo, so I had to snip it from the game. Will gladly re-post.
Attached Images
Old 09-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #4709
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Crown Caps Classics' Campaign

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #4710
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Knights Dancin' in the Diamond Streets

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #4711
allenciox
All Star Reserve

It's a sad day in P409: The mighty OL has struck out!

Remember yesterday? When eight of the ten top records in the league belonged to OL teams? Well, no more. Only five OL teams make the playoffs and three of those (Southpaws, Cottons, and Lagers) are in as wild cards. One team that had a disastrous day was the Energizer Bunnies. At one point yesterday, they had a seven game lead in their division with a 98% chance of making the playoffs. That chance was squandered in their 163rd game and they will spend the playoffs watching TV. The Syrups and Mokes also took dives.
Attached Images

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #4712
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Special "Thanks" to Charlatan

As I was putting together the gold, I noticed that Corinth finished just shy of the playoffs, a game behind Charlatan's non-OL Washington team. In a show of Our League spirit above-and-beyond, his team lost 6-of-7 to the Cougars during the regular season, opening a door that, unfortunately, Corinth could not walk through.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:37 AM   #4713
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league standings:

Aina Haina finishes strong to claim the OL title.

overall, OL teams stumbled badly down the stretch and opened the door for others to claim playoff spots. Where OL teams held 5 of 6 division leads at one point, the final tally was just two (Washington and Aina Haina). Cigar City claimed a wild card spot in the NC; and in the AC, Southern and Bold Strategy filled out both wild card positions.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #4714
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Iron league standings:

same OL record as the last post, as there were only 6 games all season. Only potential for more would be if Stephensville and O'Fallon meet in the World Series (a tall order considering their prior post season "success" )

overall, Stephensville and O'Fallon finish with identical 109-53 records to claim the top spots in the AC and NC. Downside to that is the fact that the top wild card team in both leagues is also the 2nd (AC) and 3rd (NC) best teams in the league.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-01-2019, 10:59 AM   #4715
Argonaut
All Star Starter

After a dismal opening to the season, the Vikings slowly clawed their way back to an even .500 at the end. Again, we faced nearly the same number of LHP as RHP throughout the season. Do people have the time to play matchups or does everyone really run half LHP now?

New meta: righty teams!
Old 09-01-2019, 11:12 AM   #4716
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
After a dismal opening to the season, the Vikings slowly clawed their way back to an even .500 at the end. Again, we faced nearly the same number of LHP as RHP throughout the season. Do people have the time to play matchups or does everyone really run half LHP now?

New meta: righty teams!
checked my stats.... 43-43 vs lefty starters; 42-34 vs righty starters.... guess considering if just a handful of games swung my way during the season my bunch might have snagged a playoff spot, I guess the balanced approach isn't all that bad (have 4 lefty / 4 righty / 1 switch for batters; 2 lefty / 3 righty for starters)
Old 09-01-2019, 11:13 AM   #4717
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D355 Wild Card Update

Chippewa defeats Boogie 3-2 in the AC wildcard game as Greg Maddux scattered 6 hits over 8 innings for the win.

Hampton Roads defeats Port Ruppert 5-2 in the NC wildcard game. Rick Reuschel got the win and player of the game honors by throwing 3-hit ball over 8 innings.
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:42 AM   #4718
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Parakeets Get Fifth Crown in OL P409

Their first since '33. Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 09-01-2019, 11:50 AM   #4719
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Still Need Bronze Stats

Magus is unavailable, so someone else needs to step up and get the job done, or mail me the screen shots at kidheckett@gmail.com and I will do them.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:00 PM   #4720
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Magus is unavailable, so someone else needs to step up and get the job done, or mail me the screen shots at kidheckett@gmail.com and I will do them.
I typo'ed when I made the post at like 2 AM, and meant the silver stuff since that's where Steelport and the Mets were. I don't have a team in bronze

Also, the Mets rebranding is complete although their team construction is not complete. They are now the Northeast Corridor Capitals.

That said, I'm out for the afternoon. May my playoff teams kick RNGjesus in the butt and then proceed to kick everyone else's rears.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 09-01-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote