Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Canadian Junior (WHL/OHL/QMJHL/CJHL)

Researchers:

WHL: pedersenk
OHL: Whitebear
QMJHL: Tamahu and sizzlingpopcorn
OJHL: grits207

Last edited by JeffR; 03-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

TA for OHL isn't completed. There will be bugs for sure.
I'm waiting for the next version of the editor to continue.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Dan, I did fill out a few of your guys to get the top 2013 and 14 draft prospects into NHL-ready status. But change them however you want, I didn't intend any of that to be permanent.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

And regarding the WHL, I should make the same comment I did about the NHL: a lot of that data is work I did when I was using the WHL to test the way the game functioned with a junior league, and is a few months old. Kirk hasn't had much of a chance yet to fix my mistakes.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Hi Jeff! I sent you a PM in regards to the Q.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Kirk's doing WHL? Awesome.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
Mike Rahl
Bat Boy

I am not sure what they are feeding junior hockey players these days, but in my game right off the bat at least the top 5 prospects in the WHL are all pushing 260+ lbs!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

In the MJHL, Metro Mauraders should be Metro Shipbuilders. Name change happened this season.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
cannons
Bat Boy

Alex Forsberg of the Humboldt Broncos - his rights should belong to the Prince George Cougars, not the Belleville Bulls
Old 03-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
csteele
Bat Boy

Not sure if this is just in the OHL or not but you can sign players to contracts while they are still playing for other teams. E.G. I just signed Frank Corrado for basically nothing without having to trade.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #11
pelchat22
Minors (Single A)

In the LHJAAAQ,instead of La Toque Loups its the La Tuque Loups
Old 03-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #12
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

I'll let Tamahu (Simon) know to check this out. He'll be taking care of the Quebec Jr. A, the QMJHL West and half of the East while I (Jean) will be working on the other half of the East, the Maritimes Division and the MHL.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Putting this here, but it may not be a database issue. I do not want to start a new thread for this one.

In the WHL...several 20 year olds are not on the rosters of their teams, they are listed as Free Agents. Wes Vanalphabet of the Vancovuer Giants and Joey Leach of Kootenay Ice are two examples of this.

There are other 20 year olds of the same birth year (Brock Montgomery Kootenay, Michael Ferland Saskatoon that are actually listed on their teams roster.

The other interesting part of this is that Wes is not on Vancouver roster, but when I go to sign him...told I cannot sign him

Then the game crashed.

Then I tried again, but did not try and sign him...and he showed up on my team the next day as being signed. I had not saved, and I was controlling all transactions,...so I was lost as to how it happened, especially after being told could not sign him.

Finally....before I tried to sign him and before the crash....when I went to edit my line combinations...guess who was there? Wes Vanalphabet....but he was not on my roster...he was a FA.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #14
Tamahu
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelchat22 View Post
In the LHJAAAQ,instead of La Toque Loups its the La Tuque Loups
I made the correction. Let me know if you see other mistakes or typos like that.

Thanks !
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Along the same lines as Batdad's post above, I'm not sure which database or beta he was using but on Beta .9 Build 4 and the DB update from 14 March, there still exists 20y/o's in Free Agency that should be on teams.

Troy Rutkowski (Portland W/Hawks) is another example in addition to those listed by Batdad.

Additionally, a couple of other probs:

Portland's 3-letter abreviation is incorrect. It should read POR rather than PWI - it probably means that there are a few others but I can't find an official source on the net for it.

There's also a bunch of guys on the Trade Block that really shouldn't be either, and there are probably more that I haven't listed....:
Reid Gardner at Prince Albert
Henrik Nyberg at Kelowna
Dominic Turgeon at Portland
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 PM   #16
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

I've noticed the same with the Q. If not already report, I'll do so.

EDIT: Reported.

Last edited by sizzlingpopcorn; 03-14-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
dstone51
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benspit View Post
Along the same lines as Batdad's post above, I'm not sure which database or beta he was using but on Beta .9 Build 4 and the DB update from 14 March, there still exists 20y/o's in Free Agency that should be on teams.

Troy Rutkowski (Portland W/Hawks) is another example in addition to those listed by Batdad.

There's also a bunch of guys on the Trade Block that really shouldn't be either, and there are probably more that I haven't listed....:
Reid Gardner at Prince Albert
Henrik Nyberg at Kelowna
Dominic Turgeon at Portland
Rutkowski and Peters from Portland are both in the free agent list, among countless others that should be on other clubs as noted. Though I wouldn't say Dominic Turgeon being on the trading block for Portland is an issue. He possibly could've been traded had the Winterhawks' punishment from the WHL not been so harsh and the need to keep what youngsters they have now not been so crucial moving forward after this season. Just look at what they've given up in trades recently for Craig Cunningham, Marcel Noebels and Seth Jones.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstone51 View Post
Rutkowski and Peters from Portland are both in the free agent list, among countless others that should be on other clubs as noted. Though I wouldn't say Dominic Turgeon being on the trading block for Portland is an issue. He possibly could've been traded had the Winterhawks' punishment from the WHL not been so harsh and the need to keep what youngsters they have now not been so crucial moving forward after this season. Just look at what they've given up in trades recently for Craig Cunningham, Marcel Noebels and Seth Jones.
That, my friend, has absolutely ZERO to do with the start state for FHM. In the future, should FHM be able to institute fines/punishments against clubs then hopefully we can have those accurately reflected in the database.

With that in mind, Dom Turgeon on the TL is an issue as he is presently not in real life (well, as far as we know!).
Old 03-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #19
Javs
Hall Of Famer

The NOJHL is missing a team - Elliot Lake Bobcats

They also scrapped the West-East division format in favour one 7 team league.

Also:

Is there plans to add junior affiliations for major junior teams, and/or the ability to loan players back to the CJHL team that owns their rights??

Last edited by Javs; 03-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #20
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

Javs: We're trying to do that for the QMJHL, LHJAAAQ and the MHL. From what I've heard out here on the East Coast, there's no affiliate teams. The player can be called up/sent down from/to the lower league team that holds his rights.