Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 PM   #81
oo_nrb
Bat Boy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0x in 0 posts
Hello! I am new to the OOTP universe, and have a quick troubleshooting question regarding this mod (also: thank you PadresFan for the excellent mod!)

I typically play games like these with fictional players in a "real-world" setting, which means that when I started the game I do the "Standard League" option (with a couple of kinks thrown in - no fantasy draft, for example).

After installing the All-in-One mod and following the directions above to get the ballparks to match the teams, they still do not match up. What's worse, my Rockies have to play in Dodger Stadium

Am I missing something to have the teams lined up with the correct ballparks? I've tried editing in and out of commissioner mode, saving and reloading the file, etc.

Thanks!

EDIT > Never mind, I didn't realize that in commissioner mode you can change ballpark associations. I thought that the "load ballpark data" option would have just matched them up on its own. Problem solved! Thanks again for the mod, PadresFan!

Last edited by oo_nrb; 05-05-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I'm slightly stupid and didn't play with commissioner mode :P
oo_nrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 PM   #82
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_nrb View Post
Hello! I am new to the OOTP universe, and have a quick troubleshooting question regarding this mod (also: thank you PadresFan for the excellent mod!)

I typically play games like these with fictional players in a "real-world" setting, which means that when I started the game I do the "Standard League" option (with a couple of kinks thrown in - no fantasy draft, for example).

After installing the All-in-One mod and following the directions above to get the ballparks to match the teams, they still do not match up. What's worse, my Rockies have to play in Dodger Stadium

Am I missing something to have the teams lined up with the correct ballparks? I've tried editing in and out of commissioner mode, saving and reloading the file, etc.

Thanks!
is Chavez Ravine showing up for Rockies? or just the name?
Someone else may answer this 1 better but this file u have to manually add each park for the teams, or atleast that how i do it.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #83
Peterk
Minors (Triple A)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Montreal
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20x in 17 posts
I realize this is a bump of a very old topic, but I just installed these parks after playing OOTP11 for a few weeks using the default images and the difference in immersion and atmosphere is amazing. These rock!. Thanks so much for putting them together and making them so easy to install.
Peterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
PadresFan (05-08-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #84
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
Hello! I would love to use these ballparks in OOTP 12, but I'm playing on a fictional league. With 40 teams, there's plenty enough ballparks in this pack to give one for each team.

But how do I assign them to my teams? Is it impossible to use this pack with fictional leagues?

Thanks a lot
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #85
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
Hello! I would love to use these ballparks in OOTP 12, but I'm playing on a fictional league. With 40 teams, there's plenty enough ballparks in this pack to give one for each team.

But how do I assign them to my teams? Is it impossible to use this pack with fictional leagues?

Thanks a lot
theres 2 ways to do this..I am going to tell you my way only.

After downloading the file go into the game, make sure you are in Commish Mode, go to edit ballparks and go to the tab for stadium pictures and coordinates and find each ballpark that u want for each team....after you put in the day and night photo, I'd recommend Gambo's 2011 Seating Chart so you can put in accurate dimensions for each park.
Attached Images
Image 

Last edited by Chicagofan76; 06-25-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: wrong stadium set
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
juanito89 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #86
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
after you put in the day and night photo, I'd recommend Gambo's 2011 Seating Chart so you can put in accurate dimensions for each park.
Thank you, ChicagoFan, I've managed to assign ballparks to my teams now.

Now about the dimensions and ball positions, do I have to enter all of those manually? I thought the parks.dat file did that automatically?
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #87
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
Thank you, ChicagoFan, I've managed to assign ballparks to my teams now.

Now about the dimensions and ball positions, do I have to enter all of those manually? I thought the parks.dat file did that automatically?
I use parks from multiple sets, so I have to enter things manually but i think the dat file should do that if you are using just 1 set.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
juanito89 (06-25-2011)
Old 06-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #88
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I use parks from multiple sets, so I have to enter things manually but i think the dat file should do that if you are using just 1 set.
Come to think of it, the dat file only includes the present MLB stadiums, and since I'm in a 40-team league I would have to assign some of them manually (giving some teams either classic or minor league stadiums) - so I might as well manually do them all.

I have a feeling it will help me learn the ins and outs of the parks, too

Also, I just found Gambo's stadium chart...that thing is HUGE

Thanks a lot!

EDIT - The chart I got does not have ball locations, anywhere I could find those?
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".

Last edited by juanito89; 06-25-2011 at 03:59 PM.
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #89
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
EDIT - The chart I got does not have ball locations, anywhere I could find those?
YW....I thought someone had a ball locations/ball flight file but i dont seem to have it and couldnt find it by searching ball locations.

Many of them i leave alone.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #90
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
Another question.

Domed and retractable-roof stadiums. I noticed a domed stadium created by the game "stadium designer" that had all its rain probabilities at 0%. I thought that I could use the rain probability for the city the stadium was in, and the game would recognize that the stadium had a dome/roof.

I guess my question is:

Do I have to set rain probabilities to 0 in domed/roofed stadiums to prevent rain coming in? Or does selecting the roofed/domed option suffice?
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #91
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanito89 View Post
Another question.

Domed and retractable-roof stadiums. I noticed a domed stadium created by the game "stadium designer" that had all its rain probabilities at 0%. I thought that I could use the rain probability for the city the stadium was in, and the game would recognize that the stadium had a dome/roof.

I guess my question is:

Do I have to set rain probabilities to 0 in domed/roofed stadiums to prevent rain coming in? Or does selecting the roofed/domed option suffice?
I have no clue on that, try PMing Gambo if no one else responds soon.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:03 AM   #92
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
So last night I assigned ballparks to my 40 teams, put the dimensions and ballpark factors for all of them in (while watching the Royals vs. Cubs game . Then I started with the ball locations.

I found that, thankfully, most pictures in this pack are taken pretty much in the same perspective, so after I did the first park, I copy pasted to all of the others. Now I just have to do minor adjustments to each. Here's 2 of the 3 I've finished - the new Yankee Stadium, and Wrigley Field.



Do these look right? Because I learned what retrosheet was only yesterday. I'm worried specially about the Wrigley deep outfield. Doing the Polo Grounds is gonna be fun!
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".

Last edited by juanito89; 06-26-2011 at 08:06 AM.
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #93
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
yeah I had forgotten that you can paste into all ballparks...and those look fine to me.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
elmwood44 (04-22-2012)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #94
juanito89
Minors (Double A)
 
juanito89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ribeira Brava, Portugal
Posts: 120
Thanks: 248
Thanked 14x in 10 posts
Playing here certainly looks like it's gonna be fun



Ball locations are still a work in progress in this one.
__________________
"We only make peace with our enemies. That's why it's called making peace".
juanito89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Mountain Rivera (01-12-2014)
Old 06-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #95
Chicagofan76
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Diamond, IL
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 3,340
Thanked 579x in 505 posts
Infractions: 2/2 (3)
yeah i love the old parks in this set I use 2k10 for modern. i dont even pay attention to where the ball goes on the screen. It did take me a while to figure out how to move my wall distances back so they are actually on the walls.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #96
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Reserve
 
Bottom Of The Sixth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 752
Thanks: 4,027
Thanked 394x in 272 posts
How do you copy & paste the ball locations and park features on to other stadiums?
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #97
risp2out
All Star Reserve
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 618
Thanks: 393
Thanked 237x in 124 posts
Does anyone know if later versions of the game these were taken from added more parks? I'd especially like to know if there are other "classics" or fictional parks available. I prefer these parks to all others available and would love to expand the pack, so to speak.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #98
PadresFan
All Star Starter
 
PadresFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 77
Thanked 273x in 121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
Does anyone know if later versions of the game these were taken from added more parks? I'd especially like to know if there are other "classics" or fictional parks available. I prefer these parks to all others available and would love to expand the pack, so to speak.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answer.
No, they did not add any more parks in later versions of the game, with the exception of Marlins park, which I added to my updated mod this year.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
risp2out (04-07-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #99
JRP
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mirabel, Quebec
Posts: 357
Thanks: 98
Thanked 84x in 73 posts
They added a couple of minor league park like The Porch.
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #100
JRP
Major Leagues
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Mirabel, Quebec
Posts: 357
Thanks: 98
Thanked 84x in 73 posts
Here's a fictional park I did for the Return of MLB to Montreal.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by JRP; 04-10-2012 at 04:06 PM.
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
The Game (04-10-2012)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.

 

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.

The Major League Baseball Players Association (www.MLBPLAYERS.com ) is the collective bargaining representative for all professional baseball players of the thirty Major League Baseball teams and serves as the exclusive group licensing agent for commercial and licensing activities involving active Major League baseball players. On behalf of its members, it operates the Players Choice licensing program and the Players Choice Awards, which benefit the needy through the Major League Baseball Players Trust, a charitable foundation established and run entirely by Major League baseball players. Follow: @MLB_Players; @MLBPAClubhouse; @MLBPlayersTrust

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2017 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2018 Out of the Park Developments