Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 PM   #81
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
There is an option to minimize and wait for new dumps. I think it's under Options. If you set your game to do automatically yearly dumps, for example, the program will ask you after that dump if you want it to write a new baseline. My experience has been, however, that while it may be designed to do this automatically, it did not do that for me. When I ran monthly comparisons, I let it minimize and wait per plan, but then right after the dump I stopped (not exited) the game, clicked on the tray icon at which point it said "Write New Baseline?" and I did, selected minimize and wait again, continued to run the game, lather, rinse, repeat.

Neags'll chime in and set the record straight on how it's supposed to work, but that's the way I did it without ever closing either the game or DT.
I just tested this out, and it works as it should. I loaded up the league in DevTracker, I clicked 'minimize and watch for exports' in the options menu, then I set OOTP to export monthly .csv dumps. I did this for about three months. When I was finished simming, I double-clicked the baseball icon in the system tray, it reloaded stuff, and the new baselines were available in the Date drop down lists.

Now, it should pop up a little balloon when writing a new baseline saying that it is doing so. It didn't do that. I'll look into it. But as for writing the baseline, it did as it should.

You can tell if it's writing a new baseline by opening up your import_export folder, then the devTracker_baselines folder, and look at the baseline file. If the date modified is updated to when the export was, it wrote a new baseline. You can also tell if the file size grows.

If anyone else can check out this feature and let me know if there are problems I didn't find, please do so and we'll get them fixed.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #82
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlowery View Post
I'm seeing the same thing happen. It runs, but it says that it failed to write new baseline, most likely cause is that your .csv files can't be found.

I've exported, made sure I'm running DevTracker2 as an Administrator(Running Vista Home Ultimate--64 bit), and I'm running the correct .NET level. I'm also running on the default folders...

Any Ideas?
I'll update my sig with the version that works for 64-bit. It'll also work for others, but Afino was the only one having issues with that, so I didn't figure anyone else would. My mistake. Try downloading the updated version in my signature and let me know if that fixes it.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #83
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Can I assume that the 'new' version is universal, specific to Vista 64bit, or is that change the only one made in it? I like to use the latest and greatest whenever a new version is available.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #84
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neags23 View Post
If anyone else can check out this feature and let me know if there are problems I didn't find, please do so and we'll get them fixed.
The minimize and check for updates is working for me too. I just collected 5 years of monthly data that way. I guess I just didn't know how to use it. Thanks.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #85
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
The minimize and check for updates is working for me too. I just collected 5 years of monthly data that way. I guess I just didn't know how to use it. Thanks.
Whoa, now that's cool. Glad it's working and drop a note if you run across anything exceptionally interesting you discover from the data.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #86
timlowery
Minors (Triple A)

Awesome! Thanks so much! Can't wait to get home to download....

Proud Detroit Tigers fan since 1979!!!

It's not one thing after another, it's the same thing all the time....

timlowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #87
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whoa, now that's cool. Glad it's working and drop a note if you run across anything exceptionally interesting you discover from the data.
Yeah, it is pretty cool. I'm starting my new solo fictional league and I'm in the process of simming ahead 20 years before I start. Thought I collect data for my own interest before I delete the history. I got 10 years so far.

I looked at the top pitcher for the generation. His talent stayed almost exactly level so far for his whole career. His fastball jumped from 27 to 78 during his first Short A Season after being drafted out of college. Got another jump from 118 to 156 in the spring of his second season in the majors. His changeup took a similar path early, though it topped out in the 115 range. Other pitches were slower steady growth.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #88
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Hey Dennis - I got one minor crash. I was collecting data using the minimize function, then I double-clicked on the baseball icon to load and look at the data for a while. When I re-minimized and try to sim and collect some more, it crashed on me. I did it twice, so it is repeatable, but I didn't write down any error message or anything.

Not a big deal, it loads fine if you restart it. Just thought I'd let you know.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #89
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Can I assume that the 'new' version is universal, specific to Vista 64bit, or is that change the only one made in it? I like to use the latest and greatest whenever a new version is available.
It is universal, but that's the only change to the DevTracker part. There are incremental updates to the TeamRater included, but it still doesn't work, so it does you no good.

If you don't need to use the new one, you're not missing anything.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #90
Neags23
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hey Dennis - I got one minor crash. I was collecting data using the minimize function, then I double-clicked on the baseball icon to load and look at the data for a while. When I re-minimized and try to sim and collect some more, it crashed on me. I did it twice, so it is repeatable, but I didn't write down any error message or anything.

Huh. I don't know what's up with that. I'll look into it. Thanks for the bug report!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #91
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

When you "re-minimized", did you again select the Minimize and Watch for Exports option?
Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #92
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When you "re-minimized", did you again select the Minimize and Watch for Exports option?
Yes, and the baseball logo reappears at the bottom. The crash actually occurs like when the export happens at the end of the next month after you start simming.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 07-16-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #93
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, and the baseball logo reappears at the bottom. The crash actually occurs like when the export happens at the end of the next month after you start simming.
I can 2nd this crash. It's the only issue I have found.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #94
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Where do I tell OOTP to export CSV only for what's changed? I thought I saw that option somewhere but now I can't find it.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #95
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathchild View Post
Where do I tell OOTP to export CSV only for what's changed? I thought I saw that option somewhere but now I can't find it.
I don't know if it's a what's changed option, but I'm fairly certain (geez, there's a lot to remember with this game, isn't there?) that the dump configurations are in your almanac options as well as - and I think this is the one you're looking for - Database Info page, same place you export, and it's a configure csv export option or configure csv dumps. I'm pretty sure you can tell it there what to export, but not to export only changes. The reality is, much has, regardless of how short the sim.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #96
Wrathchild
Banned

Quote:
I don't know if it's a what's changed option, but I'm fairly certain (geez, there's a lot to remember with this game, isn't there?) that the dump configurations are in your almanac options as well as - and I think this is the one you're looking for - Database Info page, same place you export, and it's a configure csv export option or configure csv dumps. I'm pretty sure you can tell it there what to export, but not to export only changes. The reality is, much has, regardless of how short the sim.
That's not the spot I'm talking about. Somewhere, and I think it might've been in the instructions for DevTracker (which told not to show me any more), I was able to have it come up in more of a horizontal pop up and there was an option to export everything or just what had changed. And now I don't remember how I did that.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #97
Wrathchild
Banned

Is anybody else having issues with extended characters in player names?
Attached Images
Old 07-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #98
kbensel
Minors (Single A)

I just tried using this on my at-home league but had a problem with the initial setup of the baseline. Here is a screenshot of the error message I got:
I have exported the .csv files a couple of times to make sure that it worked properly, and when I open the leagues.csv file using Excel it appears to be fine.

Any ideas?
kbensel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #99
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's not the spot I'm talking about. Somewhere, and I think it might've been in the instructions for DevTracker (which told not to show me any more), I was able to have it come up in more of a horizontal pop up and there was an option to export everything or just what had changed. And now I don't remember how I did that.
Oh, sorry, IN the program. Yeah, I think it's in the File dropdown. Only show changes or something on that order.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #100
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is anybody else having issues with extended characters in player names?
Yes. As long as the game has them, I think this program will have them. I've even tried exporting to Excel with the option to eliminate special characters (or something of the like) and even Excel still shows them! I don't have a good answer for you there. I've had to do a little finessing to find the exact player I was looking for, on occasion.