Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
BKL
All Star Reserve

How Do I Assign My Assistant Coach? Bug?

I fired my assistant coach (the main one listed at the top) and the game automatically filled in the assistant coach at the top with my goalie coach (who is still listed as the goalie coach but now also listed as the assistant coach). I hired a new coach for him to be my main assistant coach. How do I get this new hired coach to be listed as my main assistant coach?

See picture. I want McNeil to be my assistant coach, but can't figure out how to get him assigned at the top. Conacher is my goalie coach but got listed on top when I fired my prior assistant coach automatically.

Note that I am playing in GM/Head Coach mode, so perhaps this upper slot is meaningless. If you are playing in Head Coach mode, does the assistant have any value? I am thinking the person listed as Assistant helps to set lineups, if you hand that role over to the AI or assistant.
Attached Images

Last edited by BKL; 11-26-2017 at 01:19 AM.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:37 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

If I remember correctly, that top slot just goes to your highest-reputation assistant, it doesn't have a specific game function. If you turn some responsibilities over to the AI, it'll still be using your own coaching tendencies to make the decisions (and the calculations that use ratings, e.g. training, tend to use the ratings of yourself and multiple members of the staff.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
If I remember correctly, that top slot just goes to your highest-reputation assistant, it doesn't have a specific game function. If you turn some responsibilities over to the AI, it'll still be using your own coaching tendencies to make the decisions (and the calculations that use ratings, e.g. training, tend to use the ratings of yourself and multiple members of the staff.)
Interesting, because I changed the assistant I want in that spot to give him all 20's across the board, and he still didn't get placed there, even after I fired the existing person in that slot and simmed a few days. Not sure if it's just random as to who gets in there, but it seems to be picking in the same order. Based on your post, however, this appears to be a purely cosmetic slot anyway.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKL View Post
Interesting, because I changed the assistant I want in that spot to give him all 20's across the board, and he still didn't get placed there, even after I fired the existing person in that slot and simmed a few days. Not sure if it's just random as to who gets in there, but it seems to be picking in the same order. Based on your post, however, this appears to be a purely cosmetic slot anyway.
Did you increase the reputation score as well? The individual ratings won't do it.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:45 PM   #5
BKL
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Did you increase the reputation score as well? The individual ratings won't do it.

Yes, I increased it to 99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2017, 04:04 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Well, that should have done it. I'll check on what's determining who gets that spot.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #7
BKL
All Star Reserve

How Do I Assign My Assistant Coach? Bug?

Quote:
Well, that should have done it. I'll check on what's determining who gets that spot.

Let me know what you find as to how the spot is determined. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2017, 01:05 AM   #8
BKL
All Star Reserve

Was wondering if this was every determined - i.e. how your assistant coach is determined.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Wasn't able to find it in my notes, I'll ask the guys how it's being done in the code.