Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #661
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Annandale in April

Ozark (0) at Annandale (3): The Bobcats had a frustrating trip to The Reactor, as the Atom Smashers swept the series
  • Annandale took game 1, 2-1
  • The home team won the second contest 3-2
  • The third game was a 4-1 Annandale victory. Newcomer Bobby Bonds (.200/.321/.358) went 3-4 with 2 RBI to pace the attack.

Annandale (2) at Waffletown (0): It's good to see our old friends, the Syrups! Waffletown may not have been as glad to see us, as Annandale swept the two-game series.
  • Max Scherzer (4-0, 2.72 ERA) pitched a strong start in the first game as Annandale won 4-1.
  • The bats woke up in the second game, as the Atom Smashers won 9-4.

May Games
Seems like we're repeating April's schedule

Annandale @ Ozark, 3x
Waffletown @ Annandale, 2x

always fun to see some familiar faces on the schedule... I figured my Scherzer luck would run out eventually my boys are doing their one-step-forward-one-step-backwards style of play so far in Silver as they get their bearings... hopefully they settle in and play up to their potential sooner than later

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Hey, I like Argonaut's idea of posting your bronze cards that are great performers. I will list two here for me, that I would not trade for most silver cards. They are still on my roster and quite active:

Steve Sax (67) can hit, run, and steal bases. Just don't use him on defense... I have him as my DH against lefties (against which he has 90 contact and 87 gap), and as a pinch-runner in late innings (if only the AI would sometimes use him!). And as my backup catcher, Bob Boone (69), with his 84 defense, can come in to sub for Burgess late in the game to shut down the opposing offense.
down to 5 bronze cards left on my 25 man roster, with two of them still in the starting lineup... first year in Silver this season, so only have two Bronze/one Iron season to draw on for performance... here's three of them:

-Stan Musial (68) - last 7 price of 78... solid performer at the plate (ratings 68/81/41/56/72) and a decent performer in LF... he's good enough right now that I'm fine keeping him in the everyday lineup and focusing my upgrade points towards other areas

-Frank McCormick (68) - last 7 price of 32... another solid bat (ratings 67/71/55/43/80)... and a top notch 1B rating of 88... won the Great Glove award last season... still my everyday first baseman

-Peanuts Lowrey (62) - last 7 price of 51... for a lower bronze rated card, this can still be your everyday centerfielder (rated 81 at CF with range of 86, error of 72 and arm of 76); he won the Great Glove award for me a couple seasons ago... won't tear it up at the plate, but won't embarrass you either (ratings 59/71/4/36/75)... he has solid defensive ratings at both CF and SS, so he can basically be trained to backup every position but catcher and be a super-sub if he isn't in the everyday lineup... just replaced as starting CF this season by Sliding Billy Hamilton; so Lowrey is now training at other positions to bring them up to speed as a super-sub
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #662
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Salem witches baseball coven - for immediate release

The Salem Witches are proud to announce that visitors to Puritan Park will now be treated to an all Pittsburgh Pirates starting line-up. We have Jason Kendall behind the plate with Kiki Cuyler, Bill Mazeroski, Bobby Bonilla, and Dick Groat filling out the infield. From left to right in the outfield, we have Willie Stargell, Andy Van Slyke, and Roberto Clemente. Brian Giles will be swinging the bat at DH.

"We still have a few pitchers to replace," whispered owner William W. Connors. "But don't tell Roy Halliday that...he's our best pitcher."

As of this writing, Salem is at 22-11 (.667), 1.5 games behind the steroid-pumped Van Buren Pointers in the American Conference Western Division of the B222 league.

In honor of this accomplishment, fans are invited to purchase a special reduced-price 13-ticket pack and discover why we say: "Salem Witches Baseball - It's one hell of a good time!"

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:36 PM   #663
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
The Salem Witches are proud to announce that visitors to Puritan Park will now be treated to an all Pittsburgh Pirates starting line-up. We have Jason Kendall behind the plate with Kiki Cuyler, Bill Mazeroski, Bobby Bonilla, and Dick Groat filling out the infield. From left to right in the outfield, we have Willie Stargell, Andy Van Slyke, and Roberto Clemente. Brian Giles will be swinging the bat at DH.

"We still have a few pitchers to replace," whispered owner William W. Connors. "But don't tell Roy Halliday that...he's our best pitcher."

As of this writing, Salem is at 22-11 (.667), 1.5 games behind the steroid-pumped Van Buren Pointers in the American Conference Western Division of the B222 league.

In honor of this accomplishment, fans are invited to purchase a special reduced-price 13-ticket pack and discover why we say: "Salem Witches Baseball - It's one hell of a good time!"

Mazeroski's homer in 1960 was my first indelible baseball memory (I was 7). Wish I was in iron so I could look over your roster. Well, I'll still be in bronze when you get back.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #664
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Best of my bronze...

The Asylum Keepers have eight bronze, the best of whom are Cepeda, Manwaring, and Ordonez. In fact, I passed on the silver Cepeda, which didn't seem to add much more for what he would cost. I think my current Baby Bull will continue to produce enough for me to spend my meager earnings elsewhere.

The Port Ruppert Mundys, just relegated from gold, still have 10 bronze on the 25-man roster. The best performing has been Wally Joyner, who in three season as the starter at first has averaged .275, 22 HR, 70 RBI. My one irreplaceable is the 62-rated Willie Mays, the best ever, who will remain my center-fielder against lefties until I can afford a better rated version. At 42, his range is still 84. By the way, he was safe at home in the '73 World Series.

The Terra Incognita Rustlers are down to 4 bronze, the best being Tom Pagnozzi, who I pulled from a starter pack, and Marty Marion.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-23-2019 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #665
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Mazeroski's homer in 1960 was my first indelible baseball memory (I was 7). Wish I was in iron so I could look over your roster. Well, I'll still be in bronze when you get back.
I wasn't born until 1962...but you can bet I was raised on that image in Pittsburgh. I have a copy of the post gazette from our 1971 series hanging in my office. It's autographed by Steve Blass who spent half an hour talking to my family when we met him and passed around his world series ring for us to try on. My wife told my sons (9 and 10 or so) to look at it closely because "we live near Chicago, so you'll never see another one."

She turned out to be wrong, but not for another 15 years or so...

This isn't mine, but here's what it looks like:

http://www.steelcactus.com/POST_05.jpg

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #666
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
I wasn't born until 1962...but you can bet I was raised on that image in Pittsburgh. I have a copy of the post gazette from our 1971 series hanging in my office. It's autographed by Steve Blass who spent half an hour talking to my family when we met him and passed around his world series ring for us to try on. My wife told my sons (9 and 10 or so) to look at it closely because "we live near Chicago, so you'll never see another one."

She turned out to be wrong, but not for another 15 years or so...

This isn't mine, but here's what it looks like:

http://www.steelcactus.com/POST_05.jpg
Steve Blass disease?
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #667
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

And Dock Ellis

Always one of favorite Bucs, who joined the pantheon of great sports iconoclasts, at least for me, when he revealed he had pitched after dropping acid.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #668
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Always one of favorite Bucs, who joined the pantheon of great sports iconoclasts, at least for me, when he revealed he had pitched after dropping acid.
I watched the 1971 All Star game on you tube a couple of months ago....Doc Ellis versus Vida Blue......what a star studded pair of teams.

Reggie Jackson put one on the roof and Killebrew hit one a country mile.

edit: I should say I watched it again. I also watched in 1971.

Last edited by mcdog512; 04-23-2019 at 08:22 PM.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #669
Magus978
All Star Starter

While they won't be playing against fellow "Our League" members until the 2024 season at the earliest, the New York Patriots are out for blood so far in the month of May. A dominating 14-4 record so far in the month has pushed the Patriots from the bottom of the division all the way to a 2.5 game lead. Riding the hot hands of "Dykstra Silencer" Ron Darling, Burt Hooton "& Hollerin'!", "Hot Rod" Todd Hundley, & "Zim, Zam, Thank you Ma'am" Ryan Zimmerman, the Patriots are on their way to atoning for last season's wildcard round exit.

A key factor in the Patriots return to form has been the much improved bullpen, pitching to a very solid 3.46 ERA (6th in conference). You can see renewed confidence on the faces of last season's strugglers Kent Tekulve (2.93 ERA, 10 saves), Greg McMichael (1.59 ERA in 5 apperances), and Bruce Sutter (0.60 ERA in 17 games) as they are mowing down pretenders to the Patriots' throne in Iron League .151...and even better, they just added another very capable arm to that bullpen in 1985 Unsung Heroes Jeff Lahti.

There's a lot going on at the Black Hole, so why not come out to a ballgame? When we win a home game, you win too, because after every Patriots home win the patrons are not whipped as they leave the stadium!

This has totally not been an advertisement. Also, PLEASE COME TO OUR GAMES!!!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 04-23-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #670
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Transylvania is now 3-15 in 1 run games with a -5 pyt through 45 games. Management is hoping things turn around before wholesale changes need to be made.
bsta93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:11 AM   #671
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Palolo has a bunch of Our League games this month vs. Bluffton and Asylum. Palolo's goal this season is to lead the league in homers AND steals.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:22 AM   #672
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Asylum Leads B222; Impalers, Classics Set Pace in S287

After the second sims:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-24-2019, 06:40 AM   #673
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Annandale in May

The month couldn't end quickly enough for the Atom Smashers, as they had a poor month. Every upgrade I tried to add made things worse!

Annandale(1) at Ozark (2): The Bobcats took two of three at home
  • Game one was a 6-2 Annandale win as Max Scherzer (8-0, 2.94 ERA) pitched 6+ innings of great ball.
  • Game two was a 5-0 shutout for Ozark
  • Gaylord Perry (2-6, 4.29 ERA) threw a four-hit complete game in a 7-1 Bobcats win to take the series.

Waffletown (2) at Annandale (0): The Syrups visited Annandale and came away with two wins, sweeping the short series.
  • Tex Carleton (3-3, 4.83 ERA) pitched a strong start, scattering seven hits over six innings, to lead Waffletown to a 5-1 win.
  • In game two the Syrups smashed Annandale by a score of 7-2

June Games
Sanguine at Annandale 3x
Annandale at Sanguine 2x (and two more on the 1st & 2nd of July)
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:51 AM   #674
Charlatan
All Star Starter

It's been a frustrating season for me so far. I've relaxed the self-imposed fielding restriction on my team in an effort to get some better hitting, but all the guys I've brought in can't seem to hit their way out of a paper bag.

So now our fielding is worse, and our hitting still stinks. I'm a terrible GM!
Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM   #675
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

My 3rd team (which is also FTP, but still has some live players on it due to "theme issues" is the Greendale Human Beings. Although they don't qualify for Our League, I hope no one minds that I updated their Friends List to include your teams.

It will give you someone else to take batting practice against...

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS

Old 04-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #676
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
It's been a frustrating season for me so far. I've relaxed the self-imposed fielding restriction on my team in an effort to get some better hitting, but all the guys I've brought in can't seem to hit their way out of a paper bag.

So now our fielding is worse, and our hitting still stinks. I'm a terrible GM!
My all defense team couldn't hack it at Diamond, so I am bringing in some hitters.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #677
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Cowboys have the opposite approach to the Atom Smashers this year, with a very aggressive setup. I can't look at PT right now, but I think we're first in runs scored and first in batting average, hitting over .300 as a team. I also assume we're near the bottom in defensive categories. You're always in for a good time at a Cowboys game. Football scores every night!

I dumped 4000 PP into Tigers-era Verlander to be my ace, hopefully he helps with the defense. Maybe he'll bring Kate Upton to the stands too.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:53 PM   #678
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Yeah, when I looked this morning, the Cowboys were doing great.

I love tinkering with my teams but it's difficult when you don't have many PP. And I'm so incredibly bad at saving them up for a future purchase.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:58 PM   #679
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, when I looked this morning, the Cowboys were doing great.

I love tinkering with my teams but it's difficult when you don't have many PP. And I'm so incredibly bad at saving them up for a future purchase.

definitely one of the hard parts... I tell myself.... "ok no more spending until you can afford a big time impact player to really make a differ.... hey! look at that guy! I can afford him now...."
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:26 PM   #680
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Rumors swirl around Salem...

With the roster on the verge of being converted to an "All-Pirates" theme, reports have surfaced that Salem may relocate at the end of the season...

In other news, Salem Right Fielder Roberto Clemente is currently leading all other players in All-Star voting for his conference.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS