Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #21
The Game
Hall Of Famer

I love to watch MLB while I play OOTP. Lovge that MLB Network has games on even up til 4-5 am. Dont know what i will do for the next 3 days,
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #22
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Glad to know I'm not the only one,

I play historic so This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen is normally on in the background or I have a documentary. There is one about the Brooklyn Dodgers which is one of my favourites! I think it's Ghosts of Flatbush.
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #23
amwendwa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Absolutely, I don't know why but when I am playing OOTP I always have an MLB game playing in the background..!
Old 03-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #24
sizzlingpopcorn
Major Leagues

I'm doing that right now! Watching the Blue Jays play an exhibition game at the Big O while playing my Expos series "MLB's Northern Expansion"! Watch the series here.

Content Creator and Streamer:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/sizzlingpopcorn
sizzlingpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:05 PM   #25
prisonerno6
Major Leagues

I have a collection of World Series games from 1968 to present, League Championship Games from 1977 to present and various Regular season games from NBC and ABC Monday Night Baseball that I put on while playing OOTP. Currently I am watching game 2 of the 1973 world series while playing around with OOTP 18 and 19. Man I love today's technology!!
prisonerno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #26
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
Same! I wish we would just move Manny, Jones and Zach like I did in the game. Do it right we can be the Cubs in 5 years

My fear is we hang around til the deadline and don’t pull the trigger to trade them thinking we can get a WC spot. Schoop needs to be resigned or traded too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birdland24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:15 PM   #27
timmermac
Major Leagues

MLB Network shall be on the TV while I OOTP.

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 01:34 PM   #28
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.K View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one,

I play historic so This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen is normally on in the background or I have a documentary. There is one about the Brooklyn Dodgers which is one of my favourites! I think it's Ghosts of Flatbush.
GREAT documentary. I learned so much about the history of the Brooklyn Dodgers watching that.

As for TWIB, one of the greatest mysteries to me is why in the world MLB Network has not aired classic episodes of that show during the offseason. There's plenty of down time and instead of showing crappy baseball movies ("Summer Catch", "Major League II", "Bad News Bears In Breaking Training", "Benchwarmers", etc.) why not show classic episodes of TWIB? I'm guessing that they don't feel that young people would be interested in watching so they are aiming for that demographic because they feel TWIB skewers towards an older audience. Perhaps. But what would be so wrong with having the new AND the old? What would be so wrong with having new programs on MLB Network AND classic episodes of TWIB or "Home Run Derby"?

It's history and it's a part of Major League Baseball history. And if they can show Ken Burns's "Baseball" every winter, why can't they show TWIB or "Home Run Derby" or even "The Baseball Bunch"? I'm still surprised that somebody hasn't put those episodes out on DVD especially since MLB Network obviously has no interest in airing them. "Home Run Derby" is on DVD and the first season of "This Week In Baseball" was released on DVD but that was it.

I know that there's an audience for TWIB and if they put out a boxed set of all seasons, regardless of the price, many fans including myself would buy it.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #29
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

When possible I get a kick out of playing along with a current actual game on TV. I'll have the same lineups etc. Of course you can't stay with them long but when it is not even I just go to the next inning and then wait for the actual game to catch up no matter what the score is.

I just find it cool to see the stadium/players on TV and then the little guys and stadium and announcer on OOTP19...neat stuff...even if my favorite team loses. : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:09 PM   #30
bborello
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Oh yea, I think I watched just about every Nats game last year. I play my Padres season out in real time while I watch.
bborello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
CaseIH
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubeBaker View Post
The real-life MLB season doesn't begin until later this week, but in the meantime I have been playing OOTP19 while watching MLB games from the past. I'm 45 so I grew up in the 1980's and I've been watching games from that time and it's been fun. I haven't seen many of these in a long time. They're from NBC's "Game Of The Week" and ABC's "Monday Night Baseball". Even with the mediocre VHS quality of these archived games, it's still fun to reminisce and watch and see how things have changed.

Obviously, the players back then are noticeably smaller than they are today. I get a kick out of seeing the old commercials back then especially the Miller Lite ones. But most of all, I really like that there were fewer graphics and cutaways like we see so much nowadays. Fox is guilty of this especially during the postseason when they cut to the cast of some Fox TV show that will be cancelled in 3 months.

I say "less is more" and even with all of the modern technology, I think it sometimes takes away from the viewing experience. These old games don't have "pitch-by-pitch" so I don't need to see a 20-pitch at bat where the guy fouled off 12 pitches before finally grounding out to short. Yet despite all of that, I'm still excited and happy to watch the new games of the new season later this week. I'm going to get MLB.tv again and can't wait to start playing along with OOTP. How about you?

Yep, I always have a game on while I'm playing. For yrs, I had 2 TV's side by side in my family room, where I had one to watch sports on, and one to play video games. Now if I happen to be playing NBA2k or MLBTS I will be watching a ball game thru my Laptop. I don't play as much anymore on the PS4, since Ive gotten older, due to bad health, and being on a lot of pain meds, my reaction time and reflexes just aren't very good, and I cant think too quickly anymore either, so I typically just play either OOTP, or Farming Simulator on my PC, while watching sports on TV.

Even way back as a kid, when I would come in at night from working on the farm, I would be watching TV, usually a ballgame, while I shot nerf hoops. As when I was little, we didn't have game systems, to play sports game on, so you had to find other ways to entertain yourself. Heck before they started making nerf hoops I use to make a hoop out of either grocery bags, or a cardboard, and would take papertowel, and wad it up and wrap it up with tape to make a ball, and shoot hoops in the house that way, or I would make a strike zone on a doorway, and practice my pitching in the hallway,lol.
Kids don't know how good they got now days, with game systems, and all these good sports games we have to choose from to play.
CaseIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 PM   #32
Cod
All Star Reserve

My wife and I usually have MLB Network on whenever the TV is on. When I'm alone, I fire up MLB: The Show on the PS4 and play both
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:45 PM   #33
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

I remember my young late teen's brain broke seeing a late 1980s telecast of a Dodgers game on Youtube which featured On Base as a stat for the hitters when they came up to bat (having only read 'Moneyball' and gotten into Sabermetrics around 2002/2003 right before the Red Sox won the WS in 2004).

I literally, at the time, didn't suspect any broadcasts knew what On Base/OBP was until the mid 90s at the earliest.

Story aside, I usually have a game on in the background (especially if the Sox are playing around 7 PM ET) with OOTP going. Can be a bit of a mind screw playing out the regular season a month or two ahead then hitting that period irl and wondering why the real life stats are so different.

Last edited by DawnBTVS; 03-28-2018 at 07:46 PM.
DawnBTVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:20 AM   #34
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisonerno6 View Post
I have a collection of World Series games from 1968 to present, League Championship Games from 1977 to present and various Regular season games from NBC and ABC Monday Night Baseball that I put on while playing OOTP. Currently I am watching game 2 of the 1973 world series while playing around with OOTP 18 and 19. Man I love today's technology!!
I also watch old postseason games on Youtube connected to my TV using my second computer while I play OOTP. Though last night I watched a bunch of today's games streaming on MLBTV.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #35
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's the only way i can watch an MLB game is if i am doing something else at the same time mostly ignoring it.

it just takes too long. all the sports are this way now...it's not even fun to sit in those uncomfortable chairs for 3hours at the stadium. you see all the dead time due to commercials etc.. football is even worse. unless you are drinking heavily, it's boring as %$#@. i don't drink anymore, so it's boring for me.

takes all the pleasure out of the game... (the commercials and in general wasted time, not the lack of drinking alchohol, lol)

oh, and my tigers are going to be crap for ~5-10 years or more, and losing ~90-100games isn't going to be entertaining. defintieyl not worth 3 hours or more of my time to watch 2 hours of commercials and some self-centered half-wit monkeying with his gloves and stepping out of the box every single pitch for long periods of time, lol.

i golf 18hole by myself in a cart in 1.5hours... don't get me started on golfers that are slower than my 90year old granma with a bad back.. she'd likely beat them on the scorecard too! if you take ~4hoours in a foursome, you are a barrel of monkeys. try thinknig ahead a bit, or better yet, don't treat eavery swing like it's worht million on the pga tour!

i take half the time and beat an average golfer by ~15 strokes or more. it's not necesary to have some elaborate nonsense that slows everyhting down -- think Nomar Garciapara.. g^dd$mn human rain delay AB.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-01-2018 at 06:54 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:54 AM   #36
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Yes! All the time. In fact, I'm watching MLB TV's freebie game for Saturday (Chisox vs Royals) as I'm typing this with OOTP simming in the background

I just love inundating my senses with baseball.

Last edited by Caporegime; 04-01-2018 at 06:57 AM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #37
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

I have MLB AT BAT for my phone.
Sometimes when I play OOTP on my PC, I have the game in the background.

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #38
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I did it yesterday and I will do it again today (Cards v. Mets).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #39
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I did it yesterday and I will do it again today (Cards v. Mets).
Me too! Maybe we can salvage a win today.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Me too! Maybe we can salvage a win today.
According to the P-D Cards Talk forum, we are going to be 0-162 and the sky is falling.

They obviously missed the memo explaining small sample size.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote