Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
You can just copy over your files from last year.
Alright, you probably know what's coming Ugh, can you maybe list out the step by step instructions on how to do so?
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #22
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

David, I just put the URL from my post above into the add ons central sever list and added that server. Then, way down the list is a historical FaceGen pack. I downloaded that in add ons central and then installed it in add ons central.

It should work for you that way.

Don
Old 03-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Talking Amazing Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Just stuff like this... see how the facegen is not "in a box"... it ends the box? That is just really professional and makes the game look more polished than ever before. It's a small thing, but I want the developers to know someone noticed and really appreciates it... and all of the other work that went into this new version.

Attachment 544401

Ok, maybe I had too much coffee this morning, but I am really enjoying OOTP19 and thought it was time to tell people who might be on the fence about buying to get off the stick and just do it!
Whomever is on the fence about buying this version never really had intention of buying it. I dont have enough words to describe the game play & immersion one can get into. JUST FREAKING UNREAL GAME.
THANKS TO OUR HEROES AT OOTOP
SUPERB WORK GUYS & GIRLS.....
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
I may have found ones that will work. I used this from the OOTPmods server for 18:

http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods18.xml

Yes, I used this and then also loaded pstrickert's "updated" facegens from the mods forum (which overwrote about 1000 of them). The thread for that is on the first page and should be easy to find.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:10 PM   #25
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I still haven't played any games yet. :P I'm at a point where I don't want to wait a whole evening to import my 18 league and besides I want to play with a different era, so I'm stuck considering how large I want my (fictional) universe to be (I don't like playing with actual players for a variety of reasons). I've started massively huge ones, decided I don't want to do that much work up front or every offseason, and gone back to the drawing board several times.

All the screenshots look great though, especially the in-game ones! I'm sorely tempted to play out all my games again...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #26
Caporegime
All Star Starter

I haven't simmed any seasons yet either. I'm still trying to get all the name files for the ethnicities I want to add in order. This is the first year we're no longer restricted to just 40 and I was caught a little unprepared.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:54 PM   #27
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Just stuff like this... see how the facegen is not "in a box"... it ends the box? That is just really professional and makes the game look more polished than ever before. It's a small thing, but I want the developers to know someone noticed and really appreciates it... and all of the other work that went into this new version.

Attachment 544401

Ok, maybe I had too much coffee this morning, but I am really enjoying OOTP19 and thought it was time to tell people who might be on the fence about buying to get off the stick and just do it!
THIS. I won't get into all the other stuff that 19 does so well. But to play and manage a game, especially a historical one, and watch the players make plays ( and sometimes don't) on offense and defense. What a joy to behold. I noticed that splendid graphic today as I played out a couple of games. It is the icing on the cake, lacking a better way of putting it. Wunderbar.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #28
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Quote:
As far as I can tell, you can only do it in the "classic 3d" mode, not the "modern 3d". Classic 3d looks like this...

Attachment 544429

Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #29
texasmame
All Star Starter

Just noticed the "sit relievers before they tire" option. Niiice! Also love the leaping and diving plays and checked swings. Look great.

However, is there a way to get expanded lineup widgets in the modern 3d; the widgets that had the expanded stats displayed on the field?

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.

Last edited by texasmame; 03-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #30
Reggie
Major Leagues

Watching the play is more fun.. long fly balls to the wall are exciting because you can't always tell if it has enough to get over or if it's going to be caught at the wall. The outfield play is greatly improved in my opinion. They don't dive on every play and I haven't seen a single instance where the ball bounces in front of the CF for a double. At least not yet.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #31
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

playing out the games are more fun than ever
if this is what OOTP 3D looks like now, I wonder what OOTP 20 or 21 will look like then!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #32
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Just noticed the "sit relievers before they tire" option. Niiice!

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:53 AM   #33
james17
All Star Starter

2nd impression: When trading draft picks and one team or the other has more than one pick in the round, you can now specify which one you're willing to ask for or deal.

This is fantastic! I've wanted this for a long time.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:00 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:46 AM   #35
Nugget699
Major Leagues

I'm not a massive fan of 3D yet as I've seen a few weird plays like the RF tracking down a foul ball, stand under it, and then let it hit the ground. Catch it you fool!

Loving the game so far though. Can't wait to get cracking on my YouTube series in a day or two.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:56 AM   #36
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
I'm not a massive fan of 3D yet as I've seen a few weird plays like the RF tracking down a foul ball, stand under it, and then let it hit the ground. Catch it you fool!

Loving the game so far though. Can't wait to get cracking on my YouTube series in a day or two.
Yeah, it is not perfect of course (heck, you see weird thing in MLB the Show, and they have 100 times our budgest and 20 times the workforce).
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:58 AM   #37
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Orcin, can you still enlarge that box you have featured in your screenshot to show career stats? If so, does doing so, interfere with the view on the screen? Get game tomorrow, so just curious.

Yes you can still enlarge it in the modern 3d mode. In the view menu (in game) you just untick the automatically set up widgets. That then leaves things as they were on automatic but you can now move them around and the "+" button appears to expand the widgets.

See below, I've expanded the batter box after doing that to show you .
Attached Images
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #38
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
Yes you can still enlarge it in the modern 3d mode. In the view menu (in game) you just untick the automatically set up widgets. That then leaves things as they were on automatic but you can now move them around and the "+" button appears to expand the widgets.

See below, I've expanded the batter box after doing that to show you .
Thank you.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 AM   #39
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed the + button entirely.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #40
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Watching the play is more fun.. long fly balls to the wall are exciting because you can't always tell if it has enough to get over or if it's going to be caught at the wall. The outfield play is greatly improved in my opinion. They don't dive on every play and I haven't seen a single instance where the ball bounces in front of the CF for a double. At least not yet.
That is the one and only small complaint I have after the first couple of days with OOTP19. This is a wonderful, fantastic game that just keeps improving year after year, and is by far the most enjoyable "gaming" pastime I have ever found. From the brief experience of the first few days, this looks like it will be the best OOTP yet, with a number of further improvements. However, that "one thing" I was hoping would be remedied, and does not appear to be, is just what you mentioned. I have still run into a number of instances where the centerfielder races back for a line drive or fly ball, only to have it land in front of him for extra bases. It is a small thing, but I have come to expect so much from OOTP that it drives me crazy! So, in a way that is a compliment to Markus and gang, but also a plea to please try and fix this one small, annoying, nitpicking detail.

All in all - thanks for another terrific version of the very best baseball simulation ever made!!! Great work again!
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote