Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Second and Third Impressions

As I get deeper into the game, I am really impressed with this version!

- The AI lineup selection and roster management is much better and I haven't found a head-scratching AI move yet.
- The ratings (using historical to judge) are really improved, and this might have helped the AI even more than the human.
- The modern 3d view is far more immersive than pawns or 2d imo. I feel like I am at the ballpark.
- New features on the modern 3d view such as the scoreboard showing the balls/strikes/outs and men on base are broadcast-quality.
- The pbp and the field action are completely synchronized. I no longer see instances where the fielder and/or ball go in crazy directions or don't match the pbp.
- The sounds are the same, yet they seem to come at more appropriate moments and no longer step on the previous sound or repeat as often.
- Sound selection seems to have more "ambient" and less "rally", which is a really good thing for people who play several games per day.
- The new screen layouts look great and are more functional. The new font is easier to read (for me at least).
- The facegens look better. Maybe I am imagining this one, but they seem clear and sharp compared to previous versions.

I could go on, but maybe some others have things to say after a couple of days with the game. I will add my congratulations to the entire team on the BVE (best version ever)!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Just stuff like this... see how the facegen is not "in a box"... it ends the box? That is just really professional and makes the game look more polished than ever before. It's a small thing, but I want the developers to know someone noticed and really appreciates it... and all of the other work that went into this new version.

Name:  player.jpg
Views: 1460
Size:  45.0 KB

Ok, maybe I had too much coffee this morning, but I am really enjoying OOTP19 and thought it was time to tell people who might be on the fence about buying to get off the stick and just do it!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

And just one more thing... have you ever seen a BETA with so few bugs? Not only are there no show-stoppers, there are very few nits. I predict the smoothest launch ever. I hope I am not jinxing it, but I think the loyal and faithful addicts here (like me)are going to have a very good weekend.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

haven't played a game yet, imported on first day of offseason, but finding contract negotiations much tougher. not as easy to retain star players by dumping a lot of money in a team option year. they want a decent buy out at least.

the full listing of awards is nice. Had a pitcher (Gsellman) have a great year (but nothing compared to Syndergaard, Kershaw, Perez, etc). was nice to seem some recognition with a 5th place Cy young finish.

the new scouting reports are nice,especially the little write-ups.

not @ home at the moment & moving at a snail's pace, taking it all in. 19 is an amazing game so far & I haven't even managed on-field action yet. I've always been able to get lost in this game for hours.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Orcin, can you still enlarge that box you have featured in your screenshot to show career stats? If so, does doing so, interfere with the view on the screen? Get game tomorrow, so just curious.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
- The facegens look better. Maybe I am imagining this one, but they seem clear and sharp compared to previous versions.
Especially on the player cards. The light blue background really makes each facegen pop.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
And just one more thing... have you ever seen a BETA with so few bugs? Not only are there no show-stoppers, there are very few nits. I predict the smoothest launch ever. I hope I am not jinxing it, but I think the loyal and faithful addicts here (like me)are going to have a very good weekend.
Yes, we are very proud! Definitely smoothest launch ever.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

Echo the AI impressions. Gotta say, have only managed 12 games so far but it feels more or less like I'm managing against a person. While in-game AI hasn't been ridiculously bad in the last few versions, it's never felt like that either. Caveat that I am managing mid-80s era so I couldn't say yet about how the modern game feels (also, saying that makes me feel incredibly old).

Last edited by LloydLungs; 03-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
awesome

I like using player pics...but it's a beautiful game. The team colors on the little players on the field make it look like you're watching a game in a time machine!
Attached Images
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #10
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
As I get deeper into the game, I am really impressed with this version!

- The AI lineup selection and roster management is much better and I haven't found a head-scratching AI move yet.
- The ratings (using historical to judge) are really improved, and this might have helped the AI even more than the human.
- The modern 3d view is far more immersive than pawns or 2d imo. I feel like I am at the ballpark.
- New features on the modern 3d view such as the scoreboard showing the balls/strikes/outs and men on base are broadcast-quality.
- The pbp and the field action are completely synchronized. I no longer see instances where the fielder and/or ball go in crazy directions or don't match the pbp.
- The sounds are the same, yet they seem to come at more appropriate moments and no longer step on the previous sound or repeat as often.
- Sound selection seems to have more "ambient" and less "rally", which is a really good thing for people who play several games per day.
- The new screen layouts look great and are more functional. The new font is easier to read (for me at least).

I could go on, but maybe some others have things to say after a couple of days with the game. I will add my congratulations to the entire team on the BVE (best version ever)!

Started another thread on this but since you’re a OOTP OGand I’ll go ahead and ask you here.

CPU and GM making moves for CPU that make it easier to enjoy the game vs having to spend a lot of time fixing them like that past? Don’t get me wrong that wasn’t meant to be disrespectful to the OOTP team at all because I love this game, but the older I get the less time I want to spend on stuff like that
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Orcin, can you still enlarge that box you have featured in your screenshot to show career stats? If so, does doing so, interfere with the view on the screen? Get game tomorrow, so just curious.
As far as I can tell, you can only do it in the "classic 3d" mode, not the "modern 3d". Classic 3d looks like this...

Name:  classic 3d.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  307.3 KB
Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #12
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
CPU and GM making moves for CPU that make it easier to enjoy the game vs having to spend a lot of time fixing them like that past? Don’t get me wrong that wasn’t meant to be disrespectful to the OOTP team at all because I love this game, but the older I get the less time I want to spend on stuff like that
My take on this is that it depends upon you. Personally, I play this as a game and I want to compete with the AI. I don't care if the AI wants to have Willie McCovey in left field and Orlando Cepeda at first base, or the other way around, or McCovey and Cepeda platooning at first base with Jesus Alou in left field. That is all the AI's business. You sound like you have pre-conceived notions about what the AI should do and you feel compelled to make it so. That's fine too, and it is wonderful that the game allows it. My advice is to set yourself free and just run your team while letting the AI run theirs and see what happens, but it's your game so play it your way.

Having said all that, I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised by the competence of the AI and will see LESS reason to tinker. Maybe not NO reason to tinker depending upon how anal you are. I hope you aren't offended here, just trying to answer your question honestly.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:48 PM   #13
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Exclamation

Quote:
My take on this is that it depends upon you. Personally, I play this as a game and I want to compete with the AI. I don't care if the AI wants to have Willie McCovey in left field and Orlando Cepeda at first base, or the other way around, or McCovey and Cepeda platooning at first base with Jesus Alou in left field. That is all the AI's business. You sound like you have pre-conceived notions about what the AI should do and you feel compelled to make it so. That's fine too, and it is wonderful that the game allows it. My advice is to set yourself free and just run your team while letting the AI run theirs and see what happens, but it's your game so play it your way.

Having said all that, I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised by the competence of the AI and will see LESS reason to tinker. Maybe not NO reason to tinker depending upon how anal you are. I hope you aren't offended here, just trying to answer your question honestly.
No preconceived notion at all. The older I get I kind of want to play the game like you said. Let the CPU be the CPU. I have had this game since OOTP 6. AI gets better every year, so your answer put a huge smile on me face.

And I am anal times 3, But age creeps up on you so I want to do less and this team from OOTP allows me to do that by their A+ customer service and hard work, plus the people like yourself on the board who are OG’s to the game!

Last edited by Grafton19; 03-21-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:00 PM   #14
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So I guess the days the AI send veteran end their career on the reserve rooster are over... In my game it always happen with, by exemple, Ernie Banks who is benched more often than not at the end of his career or Hank Aaron during the 76 season when he try to beat the homerun record (end at 713 in my current game... which is frustrating since he would have broken it if not sent two months on the Milwaukee reserve squad).

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
So I guess the days the AI send veteran end their career on the reserve rooster are over... In my game it always happen with, by exemple, Ernie Banks who is benched more often than not at the end of his career or Hank Aaron during the 76 season when he try to beat the homerun record (end at 713 in my current game... which is frustrating since he would have broken it if not sent two months on the Milwaukee reserve squad).
I hope so but I really can't confirm that. I haven't played an entire season yet because I have been so busy managing games.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #16
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Quote:
I hope so but I really can't confirm that. I haven't played an entire season yet because I have been so busy managing games.
See I used to not manage until last year. I even started managing my whole team on down, but I’m actually going to trust AI more than the last 3 and really play
Old 03-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #17
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Orcin, where did you get historical FaceGens for OOTP19?

(If they're in there already, forgive me as I haven't run it in historical yet and can't check).
Old 03-21-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Orcin, where did you get historical FaceGens for OOTP19?

(If they're in there already, forgive me as I haven't run it in historical yet and can't check).
You can just copy over your files from last year.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #19
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
You can just copy over your files from last year.
That's the bummer. I deleted them!!!
Old 03-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #20
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

I may have found ones that will work. I used this from the OOTPmods server for 18:

http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods18.xml