Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #61
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Oh yeah, that's in too. Forgot it on the list
[

You guys dont know how many times i have asked for that feature!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:40 PM   #62
clamel
All Star Starter

Lots of new stuff and good ones. B U T

I only wish you could see the "importance" of more real managers and coaches when starting up a historical game with coaches.

The present managers are correct since a couple of versions ago, BUT how about putting those un-employed managers into the game. It would be like the old problem when a historical players "skipped" the year you started you "history"-game. He then never got into the game. That is fixed, but what if you start a year when Tony LaRussa took a "rest-year". He will then not be in the game with all great stats up to that moment.
You got them in the DB since they pop up in your starting year with correct stats up to that date. Could be more fun if you as a GM fire your manager so that you then could go for a RL manager not a funny Chinese guy. (Too many of those smaller nations fake managers and coaches)

This will give you a more real play if playing as a GM.

And hey still thinks that when a great Manager like LaRussa gets fired he too easily accept even a minor league job. Some pride for the man.
A big time hitter doesn't sign a minor league contract, so why the managers.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:33 PM   #63
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Something pretty cool that we forgot when initially making the list is that the top prospect lists increased from 20 players per team to 30 players per team.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:44 PM   #64
timmermac
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Update 3/5
- Added accurate single game records to historical database and default MLB games.
- Added the option to choose between Opening Day and End of Season rosters in the historical exhibition mode
Does this mean if Nolan Ryan strikes out 20 in 1984 versus Pittsburgh, the game will note it as the single game record? If so, waaay cool!

Crush the baseball. Drive it before you. And hear the lamentation of the opponent's women.

I am king of the diamond! Let there be a grand clubhouse feast! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses in all the land!
timmermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:53 PM   #65
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmermac View Post
Does this mean if Nolan Ryan strikes out 20 in 1984 versus Pittsburgh, the game will note it as the single game record? If so, waaay cool!
Yes.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #66
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

I posted this in the suggestions, and have no idea if anything like this made it into 19. I would think it's really easy to put in, and to me at least it kind of makes sense....

"i play mostly in online leagues, and when I download a file, I don't want to know what's happened. I like to watch the replay or look at the game logs to find out what went down.

OOTP makes this very hard to do, and I have to resort to post it notes to cover the screen!!!

for instance....

At the top of the main ootp screen after logging in, is your upto date record. I guess now I know how my team did....maybe an option to hide this!

If I don't look there, and want to look at the game logs, I can cover all the league scores with the hide scores button, but when I select the game log to look at, at the top are up to date records.....maybe an option to hide this!!

Lets say I'm lucky enough to make the playoffs. Oh boy, I'm pumped to watch the series. Gonna watch the replays. It's downloaded...nice... oh, in the top right hand side, it says I have no more games scheduled this week... guess I lost...or vice versa..im scheduled to play a different team now, guess I won!.... maybe an option to hide this!

An idea to make the game a little more user friendly! I mean whats the point of having that hide scores option in the scores section if it won't hide results everywhere?! "
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:37 PM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
I posted this in the suggestions, and have no idea if anything like this made it into 19. I would think it's really easy to put in, and to me at least it kind of makes sense....

"i play mostly in online leagues, and when I download a file, I don't want to know what's happened. I like to watch the replay or look at the game logs to find out what went down.

OOTP makes this very hard to do, and I have to resort to post it notes to cover the screen!!!

for instance....

At the top of the main ootp screen after logging in, is your upto date record. I guess now I know how my team did....maybe an option to hide this!

If I don't look there, and want to look at the game logs, I can cover all the league scores with the hide scores button, but when I select the game log to look at, at the top are up to date records.....maybe an option to hide this!!

Lets say I'm lucky enough to make the playoffs. Oh boy, I'm pumped to watch the series. Gonna watch the replays. It's downloaded...nice... oh, in the top right hand side, it says I have no more games scheduled this week... guess I lost...or vice versa..im scheduled to play a different team now, guess I won!.... maybe an option to hide this!

An idea to make the game a little more user friendly! I mean whats the point of having that hide scores option in the scores section if it won't hide results everywhere?! "
Good ideas! I'll tie the record at the top and the upcoming game widget to the "hide scores" option.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #68
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Still waiting to see if we're going to be able to finally edit hot dog prices in this version before I pre-order...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #69
illflow
Bat Boy

minor camp

- Countless other small improvements and fixes

I hope this includes having a "minor league camp" in spring training and be able to set that roster for their games; instead of trying to jam prospects/minor leaguers, with your major leaguers onto a single spring team.

On a related note - minor league players/prospects being removed from spring training roster (before opening day) shouldn't count as a "demotion" and against their option years. Not only does it count, but any players from the minors who do not have any option years left, need to be waived to get them back into your minors.

On a related note to that - I know the Cross symbol appears when they are out of options, but if I want to know how many options they have before they run out, I can only find that when I go to the editing screen. Am I missing it on the profile screen somewhere?
illflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #70
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

OK. The 19th century improvements and the ability to have minor leagues while playing real historical transactions and lineups got me. I've preordered.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #71
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

any change to the expansion draft process?
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #72
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by illflow View Post
On a related note - minor league players/prospects being removed from spring training roster (before opening day) shouldn't count as a "demotion" and against their option years. Not only does it count, but any players from the minors who do not have any option years left, need to be waived to get them back into your minors.
This is a common misconception, so let me try to clarify for anyone reading this thread.

An "option year" is any year someone on the 40-man roster is assigned to a minor league roster. It is not the act of demoting a player mid-season that burns an option year, nor the fact of playing in both the majors and minors in the same season. If you're on the 40-man roster and playing in the minors (unless it's a rehab assignment), you're on an optional assignment. You can be on the 40-man roster and play in the minors for three years, and burn all your options without a single day in the majors.

So, this is not an error. This is working exactly as designed. It is just that the word "optioned" confuses people into thinking it doesn't count unless it happens during the season. Anyone on the 40-man roster who doesn't make the team out of spring training is optioned to the minors. In the real MLB, lots of players who are out of options but don't make the team out of spring training are put on waivers for exactly this reason. You just might not have noticed because they're marginal players who don't make headlines.

The young guys in the low minors who play a week or two in big league camp, then go back to the minors? They're non-roster invitees who aren't on the 40-man roster. You can invite these players to big-league camp in OOTP in the same way. Don't put them on the official 40-man spring training roster, because then you most definitely start their option clock.

Last edited by Threnodas; 03-09-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:21 PM   #73
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully this game handles 70 team playoff format better than the previous game.

I always have teams missing and the matchups are usually beyond repair.

It would be cool if you could add matchups rather than change the opponents.

It has worked ok in the past but nothing but problems with the past game.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #74
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

I really enjoy replaying past World Series in the Historical mode. But I've never been able to save a game in progress.

Will the new version include the possibility of saving a game in progress in the Historical mode?

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:18 PM   #75
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

There is an option to "save game & leave". This saves the game in progress.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #76
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Mercy. In my attempt at a replay of the 59 World Series in the first game there was no option at the bottom of
the screen to save and leave the game.

But in the second game...there it was...'save and leave' option. Strange.

Looking forward to those little ball players : )

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.

Last edited by skunkle333; 03-11-2018 at 08:52 PM.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #77
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update:

- Unsigned high school draft picks now either go to college and re-enter the draft 3 years later or junior college and re-enter the draft the next year.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:43 AM   #78
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Update:

- Unsigned high school draft picks now either go to college and re-enter the draft 3 years later or junior college and re-enter the draft the next year.
And
- Can continue historical exhibition games in the historical exhibition mode
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:30 AM   #79
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Update:

Semi-related question: If you're playing with feeder leagues, will undrafted/unsigned high school players move on and populate the college rosters? I haven't messed with feeders since probably version 12 or 14, but that was the thing that bugged me about them and made me decide not to bother with them: almost all the high school players ended up dumped into the FA pool when they graduated, never to play again, and the college rosters were made up almost entirely of freshly-generated 18- and 19-year-olds.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:49 AM   #80
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post
Semi-related question: If you're playing with feeder leagues, will undrafted/unsigned high school players move on and populate the college rosters?
Yes, that works properly for a few years already.