Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:54 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Exclamation OOTP 17 Update #8 HOTFIX, Version 17.10.67 Available!

Important: This update is only for OOTP 17 versions which were purchased directly from us or resellers who use our version.
It is NOT compatible with the Steam or Mac OSX AppStore version! The Steam update is available via the Steam client and the Mac AppStore version is pending review at Apple, which will take some more days.

Good morning!

Unfortunately, the last update (version 17.10.65) introduced some issues which were critical, so we have fixed them over the weekend and just released a hotfix update, version 17.10.67. Fixes include AI issues with player releases, missing promotion/demotion indicators (arrows) and some other tweaks. Also included are the latest historical database updates (error corrections).

We highly recommend to install this update!

Here is the complete changelist for update #8 (compared to update #7, version 17.9.60):
- Added game recaps for playoff games
- Added optional inflation for all financial amounts
- Added option to set all minor leagues to base AI on potential or current ratings
- Added option to disable rainouts, contract opt-outs
- Improved 2016 MLB roster sets (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Adjusted scheduled starters for playoffs
- Adjusted written scouting report to better match displayed ratings
- Fixed cases of balls rolling under walls
- Fixed case where switching to viewing OSA ratings could alter player demands
- Improved trade speed
- Adjusted aging for player's speed and stealing
- Adjusted contract demands for young players
- Fixed player expense calculation for salary cap
- Fixed crash if defensive player injured on 3rd out and due up first next inning
- Fixed case where users could create quickstarts out of online league games
- Fixed where the computer manager could ignore age limits in certain situations
- Fixed issues with historical leagues which have no first-year player draft but historical minor leagues
- Fixed AI issues with historical league teams that have no minor league teams in the 1920's
- Fixed case where rule 5 picks were not being returned to their original teams in online leagues
- Fixed case where we were recalculating player ratings in historical games when no recalc was specified if other options changed
- Fixed several small bugs and cosmetic issues

Update Info: To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course. updates always contain all the changes from previous updates. Saved games are compatible between different versions.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac OSX Installer

Download link for Linux:
Main Server: Linux Installer

Mirror server: Index of /ootp/17.10.67

Thank you very much for your support!

Markus & the OOTP Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
zappa1
All Star Starter

Thanks, Markus. And thanks to your team at OOTP. If I could, I would pre-order OOTP18 today. The best.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
Griever20
Hall Of Famer

Perfect, thanks guys! (Just when I ran out of prepared dynasty posts )

By the way, the playoff recaps are written nicely aswell, I really enjoy them.
Griever20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the great work, I've been a fan for ages and am always impressed with the dedication that you and the rest of the team have. I just hope it makes my save game work again.
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Markus!

Was the situation with the lack of player fatigue (that Spritze brought up) fixed in this patch as well? And also the issue with player histories?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:56 AM   #6
JMDurron
All Star Starter

To be more specific on the player fatigue issue, I'm particularly concerned with this reported historical league pitching issue:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4075294

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts
What about pitchers starting 50+ games and throwing 400+ innings when "always start the highest rested" is used. From 1919 to whatever year stamina changes from High to normal, teams will basically use 3 man rotations. The top pitcher for each team will end up starting 50+ games. This wasn't happening prior to this patch.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #7
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Thanks, Markus. And thanks to your team at OOTP. If I could, I would pre-order OOTP18 today. The best.
Yes.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #8
risp2out
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
To be more specific on the player fatigue issue, I'm particularly concerned with this reported historical league pitching issue:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4075294
I just tested 1919-1920 with the new hotfix patch, and the pitcher usage was fixed. Just FYI.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #9
risp2out
All Star Reserve

YUUUUUGE Rule 5 Draft problem in Historical

I posted this in Bug Reports, too, but I wanted to post here in case anyone doesn't catch it over there.

This morning I downloaded the Hotfix to check whether the innings pitched problem had been addressed. Good news! Simmed 1919-1920 out of the box, and the pitcher usage looked great.

However, following the 1919 season, there were many superstars changing teams through the Rule 5 draft. I mean HOFers! Tris Speaker, Dolf Luque, and George Sisler, for example. And, all of them following fantastic seasons. Obviously, I can turn off the Rule 5 draft, but I wanted to surface this b/c most players won't think to do that. How in the world did those superstars wind up on the reserve roster or minors, anyway? Just the fact that they were demoted following all-star caliber seasons is completely wrong. So, this needs to be looked at.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this was plain vanilla historical with minors. All settings out-of-the-box.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by risp2out; 08-09-2016 at 09:46 AM.
risp2out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
mochuck
Minors (Triple A)

quick question.. after installing the previous patch that was messed up ... I had simmed a season.. up to the following season's pre season.. then expanded and ran an expansion draft.. that is as far as I got.. will this newest patch fix things.. or do I need to start another game... I'm hoping I don't have to cause I put a lot of work into fixing minors teams etc.. thanks in advance
mochuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #11
smiller
Major Leagues

Hotfix fixed all my problems with 3D, so thanks for the quick and accurate response.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #12
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

Play ball!!!!
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #13
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Just to clarify for online leagues...

Do all GMs and Commish in an online league need to be on the same/latest patch?

I know it often can't be avoided but when people are in multiple online leagues this can become a real issue since not every commish applies the patch at the same time.

Again, I know this can't always be avoided but a note as to whether everyone needs to be on the same patch or not would be useful.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #14
satchelp2003
Bat Boy

Where is this setting located?

"Added option to set all minor leagues to base AI on potential or current ratings"
satchelp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #15
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

The rookie lineups issue is fixed. Thanks guys!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:50 AM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
Just to clarify for online leagues...

Do all GMs and Commish in an online league need to be on the same/latest patch?

I know it often can't be avoided but when people are in multiple online leagues this can become a real issue since not every commish applies the patch at the same time.

Again, I know this can't always be avoided but a note as to whether everyone needs to be on the same patch or not would be useful.
For these latest patches, if the commish is on 17.10, then all league members must also be on 17.10 to be able to load the league file. If the commish is still using the older version (17.9), then a league member in 17.10 will be able to open the file, and should be able to export, and there should be no troubles. However, keep in mind that if you open the file in the newer version, but the games are simmed in the older version, some things may not be accurate. ie. if we have touched player fatigue, someone may appear tired in 17.10, but would not be tired in 17.9 (or vice versa).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:09 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by risp2out View Post
I posted this in Bug Reports, too, but I wanted to post here in case anyone doesn't catch it over there.

This morning I downloaded the Hotfix to check whether the innings pitched problem had been addressed. Good news! Simmed 1919-1920 out of the box, and the pitcher usage looked great.

However, following the 1919 season, there were many superstars changing teams through the Rule 5 draft. I mean HOFers! Tris Speaker, Dolf Luque, and George Sisler, for example. And, all of them following fantastic seasons. Obviously, I can turn off the Rule 5 draft, but I wanted to surface this b/c most players won't think to do that. How in the world did those superstars wind up on the reserve roster or minors, anyway? Just the fact that they were demoted following all-star caliber seasons is completely wrong. So, this needs to be looked at.

EDIT: Just to be clear, this was plain vanilla historical with minors. All settings out-of-the-box.
Confirmed. For some reason the game thinks that players on MLB teams who have no affiliated minor leagues are Rule 5 draft eligible. So, for now please disable the Rule 5 draft in those early years where not all teams have affiliates. We'll likely have another maintenance patch in a few weeks, that'll fix this issue...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #18
Jliven61
Minors (Single A)

Sorry, I simply want to confirm on this. I did not update, to patch #7. So should I update on #8? Just did not want to update to a Hot Fix that addressed issues that I was not having, since I did not install update #7. Thanks.

J
Jliven61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #19
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

I hadn't played in a few months because of this issue: "Fixed issues with historical leagues which have no first-year player draft but historical minor leagues"

I so hope it works now.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #20
OzzieFan
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Confirmed. For some reason the game thinks that players on MLB teams who have no affiliated minor leagues are Rule 5 draft eligible. So, for now please disable the Rule 5 draft in those early years where not all teams have affiliates. We'll likely have another maintenance patch in a few weeks, that'll fix this issue...
And so I guess for historical - I will continue to wait.
OzzieFan is offline   Reply With Quote