Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

No trades in any leagues

I am playing in regular NHL league, with US and Canadian leagues as well as the KHL turned on. I have created 6 managers (eventually to play each as 6 NHL expansion teams as I add them), but for the moment, I have 2 managers playing in the NHL, one in each of the Canadian junior leagues and one in the KHL. All 6 are in commissioner mode.

It is the end of December and in all leagues, I have had a total of zero trades. Even when I attempt to make a trade, all of the trade options a greyed out except for force trade.

Is there a problem in something I am doing?
Canuck82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Since you've added more managers, you're playing in multiplayer mode. There, only the commissioner can make trades (otherwise, there'd be conflicts with, e.g., two human team owners trading for the same computer-owned player and then sending in conflicting update files.) That's what the force trade button is for, manual trading by the commissioner.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Since you've added more managers, you're playing in multiplayer mode. There, only the commissioner can make trades (otherwise, there'd be conflicts with, e.g., two human team owners trading for the same computer-owned player and then sending in conflicting update files.) That's what the force trade button is for, manual trading by the commissioner.
Does this mean that anytime there is more than 1 human manager, there will never be any ai to ai trades? I play a solo league where I am commissioner only. I created a second "manager" as a dummy for the sole purpose of having csv output. Will there be no trades in my league?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

As far as I know, no.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
landru22
Major Leagues

Please consider adding csv or html output to regular (non online leavues) in the near future. I can't possibly be the only one who finds this important.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Please consider adding csv or html output to regular (non online leavues) in the near future. I can't possibly be the only one who finds this important.
Yup, it's on the request list, a few people have mentioned it. Sorry, we didn't even consider that people would want it in single-player mode.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
Cusefan95
Minors (Double A)

To piggyback on this thread, I started a historical replay in 1990 (solo game) and 5 seasons later I have not received a single trade request from any of the AI teams. The AI teams trade among each other frequently, but they never initiate a trade with me.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan95 View Post
To piggyback on this thread, I started a historical replay in 1990 (solo game) and 5 seasons later I have not received a single trade request from any of the AI teams. The AI teams trade among each other frequently, but they never initiate a trade with me.
That's a little curious. Who are you playing as? I'll see if I can get it to happen for me.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #9
landru22
Major Leagues

A bit of a problem in my league that i've been painstakingly editing the past few days.

Since I created two Managers (one for the sole purpose of having the ability to create csv files) and there are no AI trades when "Multi-player" mode is selected, I deleted one of the "managers" figuring this would then disable multiplayer mode and re-enable ai trades. But, of course, as is my luck with this game (and the previous one) nothing that I think makes logical sense happens.

How can I disable multiplayer mode in my save and get the AI GM's calling each other again????
Old 10-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
Cusefan95
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's a little curious. Who are you playing as? I'll see if I can get it to happen for me.
Chicago. I started in the 1990-1991 season.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:29 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
A bit of a problem in my league that i've been painstakingly editing the past few days.

Since I created two Managers (one for the sole purpose of having the ability to create csv files) and there are no AI trades when "Multi-player" mode is selected, I deleted one of the "managers" figuring this would then disable multiplayer mode and re-enable ai trades. But, of course, as is my luck with this game (and the previous one) nothing that I think makes logical sense happens.

How can I disable multiplayer mode in my save and get the AI GM's calling each other again????
I don't think it's possible to disable it once the game is set up. If it's multiplayer to start with, it stays that way.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:18 AM   #12
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan95 View Post
In my historical game I believe I had the first trade offered to me after eight seasons. I accepted it. Then I got another offer just a couple of days later. I rejected that one, but the team came back with the exact same offer a day later. I rejected it again. That was it for the next two or three years...
There definitaly could be more offers from AI GMs.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote