Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Game freezes every time I click on a player name.

What could be causing this? I've tried fiddling with the facegen settings, nothing helps. Looks like I may have to ask for a refund already!
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Mac or PC?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

PC. Running Vista, older laptop.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

It freezes when I click "finish today" also. I'm beginning to think that OOTP-made games are getting to have too many "bells and whistles" for my poor old laptop to handle.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

It might be bringing up that stupid box that is in the way. Is there a way to turn that off?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:24 AM   #6
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
It might be bringing up that stupid box that is in the way. Is there a way to turn that off?
What box? Please explain.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 AM   #7
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Tried creating a fictional league. League set-up worked just fine...same issue when I click on a player name for the draft.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:04 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Have you tried turning facegen completely off? I suspect it's a little too demanding for your system, or possibly a video card issue. If it's off it'll just display static images, which should be easier for an old system to load.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:32 AM   #9
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Tried that, tried everything with the settings. I was able to do OOTP 16 with facegen, so unless they changed something...

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and now stupid ESuckerate won't accept my license key. Lovely.

I don't want it without facegen, anyway. If what you say is true, I think I'm going to have to ask for my money back, sorry. How do I do that?

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-29-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:11 AM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I sent you a PM with details.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:16 AM   #11
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Already put a ticket in...actually two. One for what I thought might be a bug, one for the refund. Hopefully, everything will work out that I won't have to deal with ESellerate again.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:37 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
Tried that, tried everything with the settings. I was able to do OOTP 16 with facegen, so unless they changed something...

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and now stupid ESuckerate won't accept my license key. Lovely.

I don't want it without facegen, anyway. If what you say is true, I think I'm going to have to ask for my money back, sorry. How do I do that?
Iirc, you had a ton of trouble getting OOTP's facegen to work on your machine and Jorin had to do some extra work to get it to happen. Guessing it's a similar situation here, maybe he can help again?
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:14 AM   #13
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, but I doubt it...it looks like the settings are different this time. Plus, then it was ONLY the facegen giving me problems; everything else worked fine. Now, almost NOTHING works...I can't even click on player names or practically anything else.

If anybody can think up some settings or other easy solutions (that don't involve paying money I don't have for some kind of computer upgrade) that might help, I'm all ears...but I'm not too optimistic. I think my days as an OOTP Developments customer might be over for the foreseeable future, sadly. Why they couldn't make the 3-D/Open GL stuff completely optional or add-on is beyond me, but they've chosen to go down this road, and I suspect I'm not the only one in this situation.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-29-2015 at 03:16 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #14
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

So, good news and bad news...

I was finally able to find a graphics driver update I could actually install, which seems to have solved the issue with crashing every time I click on a player's name.

Bad news: Even though the update supposedly supports that OpenGL crap, I still can't get any facegen to work. I have the uniforms and everything in the right folders (I think...why can't you guys just use the same folder conventions as OOTP?), but still, no faces. So, not a completely unplayable brick now, but still not something I'd want to pop $30 for.

Any suggestions for settings tweakage? Otherwise, I'm still gonna have to ask for a refund.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

FHM2 uses a totally different system library as OOTP, hence the differences. Unfortunately, if FaceGen does not work for your system (I remember OOTP 16 didn't work either) with the latest drivers then I am out of ideas. The FaceGen code in FHM2 is newer than in OOTP 16, so maybe your old machine is not supported anymore.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #16
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, but I was able to get OOTP 16 to work if I tweaked the settings enough. I'm really not happy about this. Seems you're trying to say "screw you" to anybody without the money to buy the latest laptop. Well, if that's how you guys want to treat someone who's been a loyal supporter of your games for years, it says to me that maybe I'm better off leaving. Sorry it had to end like that, but that's how I feel. Just as well I get a refund.

Thanks to everybody here who's helped me out over the years. There's a great bunch of folks on these forums, and your help and support has meant a lot to me, and added a lot of fun to my OOTP experience.

I'll finish the baseball season doing my MLB Debut facegens over in the OOTP 16 mods forum, but after that I'm gonna hit the trail. Thanks to everyone, but I can't support a game that makes me feel unwanted.

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-29-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #17
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, but I was able to get OOTP 16 to work if I tweaked the settings enough. I'm really not happy about this. Seems you're trying to say "screw you" to anybody without the money to buy the latest laptop. Well, if that's how you guys want to treat someone who's been a loyal supporter of your games for years, it says to me that maybe I'm better off leaving. Sorry it had to end like that, but that's how I feel. Just as well I get a refund.

Thanks to everybody here who's helped me out over the years. There's a great bunch of folks on these forums, and your help and support has meant a lot to me, and added a lot of fun to my OOTP experience.

I'll finish the baseball season doing my MLB Debut facegens over in the OOTP 16 mods forum, but after that I'm gonna hit the trail. Thanks to everyone, but I can't support a game that makes me feel unwanted.
We certainly appreciate your support as a customer and I don't think you should take away from this that you are unwanted.

There is a reasonable expectation though, that one must have a reasonably recent computer in order to play a newly-relased game. In order to make games as good as possible, newer technology needs to be used. Games can't be programmed to run on decades-old computers.

As an example, there wouldn't be an expectation for someone who runs Windows 95 and has a computer with 8 MB ram to be able to play FHM 2.. Now, this is obviously a gross exaggeration, but it is still my point - there does have to be a cutoff. That's the reason there is a minimum system requirements.

Now, I am not a tech guy so I can't diagnose your specific problems, but if there are workarounds I am sure someone will help you find them. However, if it really just is because your system doesn't meet minimum specific requirements (and I'm not sure if it does or not), then there's not too much developers can do about that.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #18
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Wink

Quote:

I'm not sure this is fair. I mean it sucks if you can't play the game like you'd like too. But I don't think you can pin the blame on the developers for this one.

I mean my laptop isn't the newest and isn't the greatest. And there's plenty of games out there that I'd like to play but can't. I don't go and get mad at the games. It's on me that I don't have the computer to handle them. You just wait until you can get a new computer and then hopefully you can get to enjoy the games.

I understand the frustration. But the anger seems misplaced. Then again I haven't bough FHM2 yet but will be soon, if it doesn't work then maybe I'll think differently
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #19
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Honestly, I get system requirements...but OOTP/FHM really aren't graphics-heavy games. Used to be that anybody with Vista or above could play 'em easily...until the 3-D stuff came into play. The levels of mods/facegen in OOTP 14/15 were fine, so it almost seems like a case of fixing what wasn't broken. There seems to be a rush towards 3-D and other, IMO, unnecessary stuff that really isn't what I need or want in the games. So, I just think I'm not their target audience anymore anyway, the specifics of my particular computer system aside.

Nevertheless, I do wish the OOTP Developments team well, and hope business continues to thrive. You guys might want to post system requirements someplace if you haven't already, though. Good luck and best wishes!

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 09-29-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
GM in Training
Minors (Single A)

Is this guy for real? You honestly think every game from here on out should be tailored to your computer? I offer you a simple fix: get a new system. There, fixed. Thanks for your public hissy fit.
GM in Training is offline   Reply With Quote