Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
kq76
Global Moderator

Looking for an OOTP11 League to Join? Post In This Thread!

Instead of having leagues having to keep on the lookout for people posting saying that they're looking for a league, let's have people looking for leagues post in this thread and then league members can just subscribe to it thereby getting notices to check it whenever someone expresses interest.

Make you sure you leave some way for people to contact you like an email address or by enabling private messages through the forum. You might also want to describe what type of league you're looking for, if you are particular about that, so you don't get a bunch of invitations for leagues you're not interested in. Once you're no longer looking for a league, you may want to do yourself a favour by editing your post about that.

The only restriction is: advertising leagues in posts is forbidden in this thread. If your league looks like a league that someone looking for a league would be interested in, contact that person privately. League ads in this thread will be deleted without hesitation. This thread is to notify people of others possibly interested in joining their leagues. Spamming it with ads of other leagues will just make people less likely to read it.

Therefore, if you (as the person looking for a league) think your post might warrant some discussion or you'd like others to have the opportunity to reply to it in a thread, please start a separate thread with your post and, if you like, link to it from this thread. You should probably quote your original post too so people don't have to click through the link to read it.

Good luck in finding that perfect match!

Last edited by kq76; 04-14-2010 at 01:29 AM.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
nwohio_cubsfan
Bat Boy

Looking for a League to Join? Post In This Thread!

I know we're all anxiously awaiting the release of OOTP 11. ... And I don't know if it's too early to be posting interest about joining a league, but I'd like to throw my interest out there. I'm looking for a credible, current league, with a good long-standing and good group of owners.
I haven't played OOTP since version 6 and all the new features have brought me back. I used to play in online leagues years ago but just preordered the new game and can't wait to start getting into all the new features. ... My e-mail is b_j_drake@hotmail.com.
- Brandon

EDIT: I guess I should clarify. ... I'm looking either for a historical or modern league, either using real players or fictional players. I would like to become invovled in one of each and become actively involved while learning the ins-and-outs of the new game. As for current, I just meant a league that's currently active. So I apoligze for any confusion.

Last edited by kq76; 04-09-2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: combined 2 posts
nwohio_cubsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
jbowden
Bat Boy

Looking to join current/fictional league upon OOTP 11 release. I have not played since OOT8 but I am very competitive and love baseball. I am looking for the same in a league, active and competitive. Email me at johnabowden@gmail.com
jbowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
SC_Dawg
All Star Reserve

Looking for slower fictional league

I have been looking for a slower fictional league since I first got into OOTP.

I love the idea of managing the day to day operations of the team vs managing the operations of a team every 10 to 15 days. But I understand I am probably one of a very few who would love to play in a 365 day a year league so I would be happy with a season every 6 months of real time league.

If you are a commissioner who either has a slower run league or wants to start a slower run league please PM me or email me @ jimbraggjr (at) gmail (dot) com.

I promise to answer as quickly as I can!
Jos 24:15 "If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
SC_Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
rrellick67
Bat Boy

I am not new to OOTP but I would love to join an online league. I am only interested in current real players. I am new to online leagues but my ideal league would be to join would be a 30 team league with real teams with real rosters and take on the Pittsburgh Pirates and bring them back to .500 ball.

I am a very competitive person and would be a very active player that would love to join your league if you have a similar league you are looking for owners for. Feel free to email me at rrellick67@gmail.com. I check my email daily so I will get back to you.

Thanks
rrellick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
KWillis21
Bat Boy

Looking for a league

I am new to online leagues and would like to give it a shot. If anyone out there has a newbie friendly league please let me know. I can be reached at soaringdownsouth@gmail.com

I would be interested in any team that is available.

Thanks
KWillis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
jasonfield

Looking for 2010 League

my email is: jasonfield9@gmail.com

I'm looking to be the GM of the Toronto Blue Jays in a 2010, 30 team league with all Major League rules and settings.

Am playing OOTP 10 at the moment, and am a very active owner in the online league that I play (Sabermetric Baseball Sim - Houston Astros)
Old 04-11-2010, 03:34 AM   #8
Underlined.i
Minors (Double A)

I'm looking for a fresh start with OOTP 11 and would like to join any new league using MLB rosters OR Ficational rosters. I'm 26 so I am looking for a mature league only please (realistic trades and no huge egos). Thanks

email: codymclaughlin@gmail.com or message on here
Underlined.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
DaveM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking to join new or existing league (MLB)

Hello,

So I would say I am a newbie in some sense. I have toyed around with past OOTP's but never really took full part in it. I have pre-ordered OOTP 11 over a month ago and have been itching for the release. I know I would have that much more fun with playing against other real people the just the computer. So I am looking to join a either active roster MLB or historical league (within the last maybe 15 year or so).

I have a good competitive nature and would prefer to be in a mature league. Now I know this could be a long shot but I will also like if I could own the Yankees. Long, diehard fan so it would make it easier for me to weed into the online play. If not I am up to seeing what other teams are available.

Please email me at davidmendel@mac.com

Thanks and good luck to all,
Dave
DaveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
jimbob2232
Bat Boy

Also looking for a league to join

I have been away from OOTP for quite a while now. I have played OOTP 9 and OOTPX as a solo league, but I havent really been in an online league since OOTP5. I have been a league commissioner, co-commish & frequently a member of the governing body. I am not looking for that kind of role (at least not right now), but I am throwing it out there as a measure of my experience with OOTP. I was a former member of the IOSBL (with 2 championships!), NABA (another 2 championships!)& others which I cannot recall at the moment.

I am looking to get back into online play for OOTP 11. I would prefer a modern league, as i never got into the historical aspect of OOTP. Rosters do not need to be real. An older, established league is preferable. I would also prefer a project team, i.e. one with major financial trouble or depleted farm system. But, this is not a requirement.

If you have an opening, please let me know. I will consider all offers, but do not intend on participating in more than 2 leagues.

League Longevity and commitment of ownership (i.e. commish) are the most important features to me, as I do not want the league I am in to fold.

Lastly, i feel its my due diligence to tell you that I will be getting married soon, and will be unavailable the first half of May. My inactivity during this time should not be construed as lack of interest or participation in OOTP.

Thank you for listening, and i look forward to seeing what opportunities are out there!

My contact info: jimbob2232@hotmail.com or PM me

Last edited by jimbob2232; 04-11-2010 at 01:45 PM.
jimbob2232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #11
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob2232 View Post
Thank you for listening, and i look forward to seeing what opportunities are out there!
No e-mail, and for some reason I can't send you a PM, but check out The Baseball Chronicle, Reds and Phillies, are available. The Reds finished last and have the top draft pick, but draft choices are due Monday. TBC drafts during the off-season.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
sbailey85
Minors (Single A)

Hello I am interested in a league. I am relatively new to the series but am very passionate about baseball. I would prefer a fictional league but historical is ok as well. My email is sean.bailey@gmail.com.
sbailey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #13
alasxdair
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am looking for a newer league playing OOTP 11 with mature owners. Want to take over an untouched Dbacks franchise. I have been playing OOTP since version 4.
alasxdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #14
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

I would love to join a fictional (only) league. Prefer not to use real players, but figure things out myself.

Never done an online OOTP league, but was in several Front Page Sports: Baseball leagues back in the day...
klkitchens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
knightnorth
Bat Boy

Hello,

I've played OOTP for 4 years not. Like most I love it for it's general manager dynamics. I've never played online but am looking to join a league with dedicated individuals like myself. Current/fictional/historic doesn't matter I'm open to new horizens.

Pete
knightnorth1981@hotmail.com

Last edited by knightnorth; 04-13-2010 at 01:08 PM.
knightnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Hi
Looking for a league from way back when. My first taste of online was a league way back , we started in 1871. It would be fun to repeat that. So a historical league to start in 1871 or there about. My email is carterbrown2u@gmail.com

Thanks

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
Halara
Minors (Single A)

Howdy All,

I'm very much in need of an OOTP online league. My experience with OOTP online has only been with one other league but I've loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, that league recently ended and I'm left without my daily fix.

As far as league types my preference in order would be...

1. Stats only fictional
2. Talent only fictional
3. Historic without recalc

Ideally I'd like to find one of the first two and one of the third.

Anyhow, if you're looking to fill a spot in your league, you can contact me at [email]jramsland@gmail.com[email]

Thanks!
Justin

Last edited by Halara; 01-25-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Halara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #18
Luked
Bat Boy

Newbie looking for new league

I am a long-time APBA and Strat player who has followed OOTP for several years. I am looking for a league to join, either existing or new. My email address is:
lukedal@verizon.net
-Luke

Last edited by Luked; 04-14-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Luked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:17 AM   #19
kq76
Global Moderator

Everyone, please make you sure you leave some way for people to contact you like an email address or by enabling private messages through the forum, preferably both.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #20
bobdenverscat
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking for a league to finally make the jump. Been in leagues for other games ,but have mostly gone solo with OOTP. Been playing since 8 and i'm open to anything so give me a shout.

n_wags@live.com