Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-22-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Owner Mode

The title says it all. This would really mean adding a lot more skills to the GM's, to make them all different but here are some things owners could do.

List:
Owners control all the budgets.
Owners can make advertisement deals.
Relocation as a threat to a city(This would require a stadium editor)
Promotion Days
Owner can get requests for raising budget for a player
Owner can put the "heat" on the GM/coaching staff

I like this aspect mostly because it can add more personality to GM's/Coaches.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

not a fan.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I don't know about this; there really wouldn't be enough to do. I'd rather see an "Agent Mode" ...but doubt either will happen.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Best idea ever!!

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

I kinda like the idea. I don't know if owners need to negotiate advertising deals, but you would have an income based on ticket sales, TV deals, and advertising -- which would be largely determined by your franchise's success, although market size would play a role. It would be up to you to set a budget for your GM; the skill would be deciding how much of that income you want to keep as cash in the bank to spend on free agents further down the line.

Your GM would negotiate the trades and free agent signings and bring the deals to you for approval. He could also bring you deals that would put the team over budget and ask you for the extra cash to make it happen. Do you dip into the savings fund you had set aside because you found yourself in a pennant race or do you stay the course and keep that money for that big free agent you have your eye on during the upcoming off-season?

You could give your GM goals. You can set as many goals as you want for the season or the off-season. You would have two options -- give an order to do something about a certain player by name or go after a certain type of player. Something like this:

A) [Action: trade for, trade away, sign, release, etc.] [Specific Player's Name] by [Date: today, this week, this month, the trading deadline, the end of the season, the end of the calendar year, the beginning of spring training, Opening Day, or a specific date]

B) [Action: trade for, sign, acquire by any means] [Type of player: hitter, power hitter, contact hitter, LHH, RHH, switch hitter, starting pitcher, relief pitcher, closer, RHP, LHP, position] who is [Add as many criteria as you want -- ratings, stats, or both (and time frame -- last year, last 2 years, last 3 years, career, in any one season)] who is [age] by [deadline - see above].

So I can tell my GM to trade away Alex Rodriguez and acquire a left-handed-hitting third baseman who is under 30 years old with a 5 or higher contact rating who hit at least 15 homeruns last year by the start of Spring Training.

The GM does the best he can and comes to me to approve any potential deals and/or to choose packages. You can approve or decline a deal, or you could table it for now -- then it would go in a pending decisions bank that you can access to have him revisit it later and see if the other player/team is willing to still do it.

Of course, you can still negotiate deals yourself, as you do now. You can take a deal that the GM brings to you and start negotiating on your own if the deal is close but not exactly what you want. The more you meddle, though, the more you get a bad reputation and the more you will have to pay to get GMs to work for you. The quickness with which you fire staff and other obviously relevant decisions would also factor into your reputation.

Personally, I also would like to see the ability to vote and campaign for a specific commissioner when the old one retires and perhaps certain issues in the CBA if that's not too in-depth. Commishes could have specific personalities and ideas and agendas, which would affect you and how you operate (salary caps, revenue sharing, salary floors, expansion, contraction, willingness to approve new stadiums and franchise moves, etc.). The better your reputation as well as your agreeableness with other owners (they occasionally approach you for support on issues; do you accept or reject them?) plays a role in how successful you are in campaigning. That's getting a little ahead of ourselves, though.
DiMaggio5CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
Northernsky
Major Leagues

They used to have promotion days in the first couple releases but it was taken out. They also had a more RPG feel to it with marriages and children that had the possibility of breaking into the big leagues.

I miss the GM contracts and wish that would get put back in.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gustafson View Post
They used to have promotion days in the first couple releases but it was taken out. They also had a more RPG feel to it with marriages and children that had the possibility of breaking into the big leagues.

I miss the GM contracts and wish that would get put back in.

Oh ootp 6.5 how I miss you sometimes

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
Northernsky
Major Leagues

"All" they need to add is a check box to turn those on or not. I would love GM contracts put back in... or even have other teams front office trying to steal you away.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #9
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post
Oh ootp 6.5 how I miss you sometimes
By far my favorite version.
DiMaggio5CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:34 AM   #10
Kobeck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gustafson View Post
"All" they need to add is a check box to turn those on or not. I would love GM contracts put back in... or even have other teams front office trying to steal you away.

please explain
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

+1 for an owner mode. I'd like to see it as well.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote