Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Improved Year End Score Review

As a manager you get a score at the end of the year telling you how well you did for the season. The feature as it stands is pretty meaningless to me. For instance, when I started up my expansion team I made several moves for the future and got some pretty solid performances from unexpected veterans. With a very limited budget my team - as expected - stunk. My score was a 1. Now that my team is a perennial contender I get a perfect score every year. It would be cool if the scoring system could be more intelligent and take in some weighted consideration of the improvements (or lack thereof) that were made to the roster in comparison to the talent set that was present at the start of the off-season vs the end of the year. And possibly factor in budget considerations as well. It would be even more interesting if a report was generated citing your best/worst moves of the season.

As it stands now the manager score seems to simply be a grade of your won/loss record which is pretty easy to figure out all by yourself.
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
Snarf054
Minors (Double A)

I agree the current score system leaves more than a bit to be desired. I got my first perfect score last season, but considering my team blew a 3 games to 1 lead to lose the world series I would call it less than perfect.
Snarf054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

Why have the score at all? Unless it's tied into performance clauses in your GM contract or useful as a negotiating tool for a new GM's contract, I don't see the point of it.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSL Commish View Post
Why have the score at all? Unless it's tied into performance clauses in your GM contract or useful as a negotiating tool for a new GM's contract, I don't see the point of it.
How I've always felt. I don't pay attention to it, and I wouldn't pay attention to it, even if it was improved. I know how I did for the season.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
Gil Thorp
Major Leagues

Just another suggestion that the development team shouldn't waste their time on.
Gil Thorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

I would like the score if it actually meant something.

Is it giving you a score of how effective your actual input was? How well the your moves turn out?

If it isn't going to do that, trash it. It is meaningless.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #7
endgame
Hall Of Famer

My initial take is probably three-fold: if it's changed for just the human-controlled team, expand the components, e.g. financial score, roster management score, W-L score, defensive/offensive scores, etc..; leave it as it is, but show scores for all the teams in the league for comparison and we draw our own conclusions; or finally, all else failing, yes, just remove the score and perhaps just leave the text portion. It'd serve, maybe, as a kinda-sorta take from the owner, if nothing else.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #8
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Thorp View Post
Just another suggestion that the development team shouldn't waste their time on.

Actually, it's a pretty good suggestion. That's why I took the time to share it.
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote