Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 04-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
Jefferz69
Bat Boy

Manually Updating Boxers Fight History

Hi there,
I have just downloaded Title Bout 2.5 and it's looks a really good game (and thank you for that!)
My problem comes when I try to update a fighters history, by adding details of real life bouts they have fought. Anyway, I click 'New' and the page comes up ready, but after I've entered all the details it keeps saying "Please Select Two Fighters!", even though I've entered the fighters names as well as other details of the bout. It hasn't been cleared up when I've downloaded the patches, and it wasn't an issue on Title Bout 2.0.
Please tell me, have I missed something here?
Thank you for any help!
Jeff
Jefferz69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #2
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

Hi Jeff,

I think I can help you out, but I'm having trouble identifing where you are running into problems. What is it that you are trying to update? Take me from step one of what you are attempting to do. I know you probably feel like you've already explained but I'm a bit slow. Thanks.
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
Jefferz69
Bat Boy

Hi Dragon29!
Thanks for replying, I'm a bit new to this so I think I'm the slow one!
You did say to go from step one, so I'll go back to the point of loading TB. Hope that doesn't sound patronising, I promise it's not meant to!
Ok here goes:
After I load the game, I choose to continue my current game in progress from the main menu.
Then the 'Records' menu comes up with the 18 options that goes with it, one of which is 'History'
Click on that one and a new page comes up. The tab on the top left says 'History List' and along the bottom of the page are seven options. One of them is 'New'. I Choose that one.
The top left tab now highlights 'History Record', and the Edit and save or cancel message appears.
I choose fighter 1 and fighter 2 and input any other details about the bout (venue, referee etc.) that I can get hold of then choose Save at the bottom right of the screen. That's where I get the message 'Please choose two fighters' every time!
I know it's a fairly minor thing, but I like to enter real life bout details not on the game to make it a bit more authentic and it's great reference to look back on.
If you could help, that would be great, but many thanks for asking anyway!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the detailed explaination..I think it helped out. From what I understand, I think that 'history' button on the main page only reflects fights that you've ran in your universe. When I go there, all the fights that I've ran appear. If I highlight a fight and switch from 'fight history' tab to 'history record' tab (top left), I get details on that fight, such as fighters, trainers, judges, ref, etc. I can edit the detail and/or manually put in notes if I want.

I could be wrong but I dont think it can be used as a reference tool for historical, real life fights. I had never attempted to hit the 'new' button within 'history' before. When I tried it, recreating your situation, I selected 2 fighters just like you and got the same 'select 2 fighters' message when I hit save. I think it is only for fights you've run in your game. So, you are not doing anything wrong, I just dont think the game allows you to do it.

You could always run a fight that you are trying to get into the history and then edit the stats accordingly. I can help you with this, but let me know if I'm anywhere near answering your question.
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Jefferz69
Bat Boy

Thank you for taking the trouble to help...much appreciated.
You are correct in saying that the history tab shows all the fights simulated in the game, and you can edit any of the bouts, and change all the details within it.
I have been entering historical fights from Boxrec and saving them with TB 2.0 with no problems, and they show up in exactly the same way as fights I've simulated in TB itself, except that performance points always read zero for both fighters.
I just assumed that TB 2.5 would work the same way, as I use them for reference and also take into account when I'm rating fighters.
Still not to worry, at least I know it wasn't me being dumb now!
Many thanks again for your help.