Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Odd Question?

In all this time I've never given this much thought and, with TB2.5, it may not mean anything anymore, but I've been using version 2.0 until the new one comes out.

When creating a fighter, the ratings you assign him are when he was at his peak, in his Prime. If you then set his career stage to Beginner, does Title Bout reduce those ratings? If you start a fighter off 0-0-0 but set at Prime is that the best he'll be? I'm thinking about the process of creating fighters who will simply exist to pad a fighter's record. The "Lesser Lights" of the prize ring. I recall reading some interesting comments by Chris and others on this topic of creating "ring fodder".

Cap
Old 02-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Not odd at all! 2.0 and I were like ships passing in the night; my use of it was limited, but I just went through the 2.0 manual, and there's nothing written about career sims which is strange.

I do recall reading that fighters do age when you start running a career simulation and it's automatic. At the old "Cornerworks" site I downloaded some charts dealing with career stage adjustments and moving up and down weight divisions. Chris or some similar TBCB expert put this together.

Your question about starting at Prime is interesting. I wonder if that actually would shorten the quality of your fighter as he ages...going to Post-prime and end at an earlier age.

I have no answer, but it's a very interesting question. Quite frankly, I never gave it much thought. When I ran that Stevenson career sim several years ago, I just manually adjusted his career as I progressed through the project based upon my own judgment/intuition.

Some of the others who have run career sims might have an answer.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
In all this time I've never given this much thought and, with TB2.5, it may not mean anything anymore, but I've been using version 2.0 until the new one comes out.

When creating a fighter, the ratings you assign him are when he was at his peak, in his Prime. If you then set his career stage to Beginner, does Title Bout reduce those ratings? If you start a fighter off 0-0-0 but set at Prime is that the best he'll be? I'm thinking about the process of creating fighters who will simply exist to pad a fighter's record. The "Lesser Lights" of the prize ring. I recall reading some interesting comments by Chris and others on this topic of creating "ring fodder".

Cap
Cap
The version that you are using will assume that a fighter's rating is prime and adjust that. If you created a fighter file and rated the fighter at the beginning stage of his career, the game will assume he is rated at prime and further adjust the career stage

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
Cap
Hall Of Famer

So at Prime he'd be super-Prime?

Cap
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #5
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap View Post
So at Prime he'd be super-Prime?

Cap
My explanation wasn't clear. The game takes a prime rating and reduces it to beginner and pre-prime stages. Some members of the forum would create and post, for example, a pre-prime, or post prime rating for a fighter, the game would would look at this created rating as if it were a prime rating and reduce it further.

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
My explanation wasn't clear. The game takes a prime rating and reduces it to beginner and pre-prime stages. Some members of the forum would create and post, for example, a pre-prime, or post prime rating for a fighter, the game would would look at this created rating as if it were a prime rating and reduce it further.
Oh. That makes sense. I was thinking that anyone who created an historical boxer would rate him prime, but of course if you created a modern fighter he might be past it or looking forward to it.

Cap