Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Is there any way to turn off suspensions?

Please let there be a way to disable suspensions. This is game breaking for me. I like to simulate through full seasons and this feature is making that a living nightmare. PLEASE let there be a way that I haven't found.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella19 View Post
Please let there be a way to disable suspensions. This is game breaking for me. I like to simulate through full seasons and this feature is making that a living nightmare. PLEASE let there be a way that I haven't found.
I don't believe there is, but they definitely need to toned down quite a bit. Top stars are being suspended that likely wouldn't ever be. I have yet to see one for my team though.

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-08-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 10:59 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not possible to turn it off, but I'm not sure how it's making it difficult to simulate through full seasons - Do Not Disturb in the manager options should prevent any interruptions.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #4
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Not possible to turn it off, but I'm not sure how it's making it difficult to simulate through full seasons - Do Not Disturb in the manager options should prevent any interruptions.
Is there a chance they could be at least toned down in the future? I realize there are probably more pressing issues that need to be patched up first, but I really hope the suspensions are toned down.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:05 AM   #5
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Is there a chance they could be at least toned down in the future? I realize there are probably more pressing issues that need to be patched up first, but I really hope the suspensions are toned down.
How big is your sample size saying that it’s happening more than a realistic number of times per season?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:57 AM   #6
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It does not prevent the suspension interruption from occurring. I always play with Do Not Disturb on.

I started a historical league from 1917 with a draft. I go to sim the first season and Joe Malone was suspended the second game of the year. I have to stop what I'm doing, and go to change this. It happened again about 5 more times that year. So now simming that season took me around 10 minutes of tedious clicking back and forth rather than the 7 seconds it used to take.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to turn off this feature like you can in OOTP. It's such a minute addition to the franchise that I would hate for it to ruin my experience.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #7
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It does not prevent the suspension interruption from occurring. I always play with Do Not Disturb on.

I started a historical league from 1917 with a draft. I go to sim the first season and Joe Malone was suspended the second game of the year. I have to stop what I'm doing, and go to change this. It happened again about 5 more times that year. So now simming that season took me around 10 minutes of tedious clicking back and forth rather than the 7 seconds it used to take.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to turn off this feature like you can in OOTP. It's such a minute addition to the franchise that I would hate for it to ruin my experience.
How do you go in and actually fix it? I have commissioner mode enabled and I can’t seem to find out where to change it?

As far as my opinion in it, I think a slider would be great if possible. That way you can set it to your preference.

Last edited by Senko1291; 10-09-2019 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #8
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko1291 View Post
How do you go in and actually fix it? I have commissioner mode enabled and I can’t seem to find out where to change it?

As far as my opinion in it, I think a slider would be if possible. That way you can set it to your preference.
How do you go in and fix what?
Old 10-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #9
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
How do you go in and fix what?
You said Joe Malone got suspended the 2nd game of the season so you had to to stop and go in and fix it? You mean make it where he isn't suspended anymore or you mean fix it as in go in and make your lineup adjustments etc?
Old 10-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #10
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:

Even though you turned Do Not Disturb On, you need to turn off receiving personal messages for just about everything as well. That will stop it. That being said, if your roster isn't big enough and you didn't let the assistant control of that, it will still stop you.

Last edited by Adam B; 10-09-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #11
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Even though you turned Do Not Disturb On, you need to turn off receiving personal messages for just about everything as well. That will stop it. That being said, if your roster isn't big enough and you didn't let the assistant control of that, it will still stop you.
So I'm guessing you guys won't be adding the ability to turn off suspensions in an update? Guess I'll have to stick with FHM5 this year.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #12
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
So I'm guessing you guys won't be adding the ability to turn off suspensions in an update? Guess I'll have to stick with FHM5 this year.
At no point did I say that. You said it was stopping your simulations. This is how to fix that.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
How big is your sample size saying that it’s happening more than a realistic number of times per season?
Well last year there was around 30 suspensions in the league and I saw probably 10-15 in the first month of the season alone. Not from my team, nobody on my team was surprisingly, but the rest of the league was littered with them and they included superstars that likely would never get suspended. Based roughly on last years numbers alone, there should be maybe 4-5 a month in the game.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #14
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I retract my statement...as I counted the suspensions during my season and there were actually less than last year in the league. It sure seemed like far more than what I counted. I stand corrected....
Old 10-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #15
Senko1291
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I retract my statement...as I counted the suspensions during my season and there were actually less than last year in the league. It sure seemed like far more than what I counted. I stand corrected....
It could also be a little misleading since we get an email even if they decided the player isn;t going to be suspended. I suppose that would make it seem like a lot more when in reality it isn't. A slider still would be nice.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #16
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko1291 View Post
It could also be a little misleading since we get an email even if they decided the player isn;t going to be suspended. I suppose that would make it seem like a lot more when in reality it isn't. A slider still would be nice.
As long as it stays at a respectable number, like the league average, I'm fine with them. I do think that superstars being suspended needs to be a rarity though.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #17
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
As long as it stays at a respectable number, like the league average, I'm fine with them. I do think that superstars being suspended needs to be a rarity though.
It's still annoying the crap out of me. If I set the assistant to change my lineup he's going to mess up my lines. The whole thing is just a big mess. There needs to be the option to turn this nonsense off.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:02 PM   #18
Kinsella19
Minors (Double A)

Bump. This is still extremely frustrating.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #19
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Just wanted to add, the ability to turn off suspensions would be extremely helpful to many. We can turn off Injuries, it doesn't make sense to have suspensions as mandatory.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:24 PM   #20
BAMN!! Baseball
Minors (Single A)

This should 100% be an option, or at the very least be tied in with turning injuries OFF. Even if there was a way to manually edit a player to remove the suspension that would help, just seems ridiculous to have it not be an option. You can turn off notifications in a SOLO league but it makes online leagues more difficult to manage.
Closed Thread