Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #41
RchW
Hall Of Famer

When I read duplicate files the first thing that suggests is a duplicate install with one install nested inside the other. OOTP depends on folders being in the right place and saving league folders under the wrong saved_game folder can be disastrous. I’ve had that and it took a complete uninstall deletion unlicencing and a clean install on an unused newly named folder to fix. Just my 2 cents.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #42
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yurpman View Post
19' has ran smoother then any other version of OOTP going back to 12' for me. I don't think making a broad statement like, "Why does 19' suck so bad?" is very fair, when it seems you're the only one with an issue.
This is the only version 11-18 that io have had issues with to this degree.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #43
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
When I read duplicate files the first thing that suggests is a duplicate install with one install nested inside the other. OOTP depends on folders being in the right place and saving league folders under the wrong saved_game folder can be disastrous. I’ve had that and it took a complete uninstall deletion unlicencing and a clean install on an unused newly named folder to fix. Just my 2 cents.
When you install OOTP to the default directory it install basic files to Program Files x86 and everything else to My Documents. With my 1st 2 installs it out everything into Program Files. With the most recent update it put all the normal files into My Documents so When i try to load a park it doesn't work, historical FG doesnt work, Many of my saved games and nation flags are all in the x86 directory. I'll be fine once i transfer them over. But i dont want to spend my 1 off day moving files and for the most part its taking hrs to transfer from x86 to My Documents.

"Stay Strong"

Old 06-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #44
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
When you install OOTP to the default directory it install basic files to Program Files x86 and everything else to My Documents. With my 1st 2 installs it out everything into Program Files. With the most recent update it put all the normal files into My Documents so When i try to load a park it doesn't work, historical FG doesnt work, Many of my saved games and nation flags are all in the x86 directory. I'll be fine once i transfer them over. But i dont want to spend my 1 off day moving files and for the most part its taking hrs to transfer from x86 to My Documents.
With respect that sounds like you botched up or duplicated an install. The solution is as I wrote in an earlier post.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #45
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

OOTP18 would crash occasionally for me.

OOTP19 only crashes sometimes if I leave a running game going and simply shut my laptop. However, it improved when I stopped background simulation.

I'm using a new Macbook Pro

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 PM   #46
DaBears
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
And as always, that fantastic OOTP customer support, right on cue!
Yep, no one in the world does service better than OOTP.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:12 AM   #47
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

User error
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #48
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I have not had a single crash on 19. in the past I would have to ctrl-alt-dlt once a week

my laptop is 5 years old and runs ootp along with a twitch stream and another browsing window perfectly
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:28 PM   #49
dbqs
Major Leagues

Yeah I actually haven't had any problems with 19 at all, on either computer that I play on. 18 froze up during 3D gameplay sometimes for some reason I was never able to fix, but smooth sailing on this one so far. Knock on wood I guess. :-)
dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #50
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

In prior versions of OOTP I could play a lot of pre-regular season regular season games before the official start of the season but that no longer is possible because the standings get wiped clean on the official start date.

I don't know what will happen with real MLB play games before the official start,will their standings get wiped clean also? Dodgers played Arizona a few years back in Australia.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #51
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
In prior versions of OOTP I could play a lot of pre-regular season regular season games before the official start of the season but that no longer is possible because the standings get wiped clean on the official start date.

I don't know what will happen with real MLB play games before the official start,will their standings get wiped clean also? Dodgers played Arizona a few years back in Australia.
Your second example shouldn't happen as the Dodgers/D-Backs games in Australia will be part of the official regular season schedule for the year in question.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:30 AM   #52
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Sorry to hear about this The Game. You're one of the good guys around here, so I hope you can get things fixed up/OOTP guys can help you figure out what's wrong. It's quite possible they're not at full staff right now (which is quite small at the best of times) due to vacations and what not, so the best I can offer is to keep hammering away at it. Have you tried zipping up the folders that went to the wrong spot on your computer and then extracting them to the My Documents game folder? Sounds like a simple solution that you may or may not have tried yet. If you have tried it and it hasn't worked, please don't shoot the messenger OK? I wish you the best.
Well i got stadiums working even with duplicates ion both x86 and My Documents. Now i just have to find the time to figure out Nation flags and FG once i restart a historical league.
Moving the files from x 86 to My Documents is what was taking so long. I have every player F in my FG folder plus 2 saved game folders over 8? GB a piece. Maybe they are only 3-5.. Still takes time.

"Stay Strong"

Old 06-21-2018, 05:33 AM   #53
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
User error
It's not user error when the default installation says that it will send certain folders to My Documents yet all of them just went to Program Files x 86. This is the 9th version of OOTP that I have. i still have 15-19 on this PC.This is the only version that did this.

"Stay Strong"

Old 06-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #54
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well i got stadiums working even with duplicates ion both x86 and My Documents. Now i just have to find the time to figure out Nation flags and FG once i restart a historical league.
Moving the files from x 86 to My Documents is what was taking so long. I have every player F in my FG folder plus 2 saved game folders over 8? GB a piece. Maybe they are only 3-5.. Still takes time.
Yeah, I remember that you have huuuge game folders (something like EBL versus MLB? - can't remember but something like that). I can see how it would be a real bear to to move those files from Program Files (x86) over to My Documents.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #55
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

the long transfer things is real.

i keep 2 years... even dipped it down to "none" and did a new full backup.... even tried it with just the minimum files from auto-save.

when i imported a league from '18 it ran for X-hours (4-6 or more?) -- long enough to write a 10+GB temp file while converting records or whatever. the league itself with all of its logos and such included is 1.2gb. unless something was really packed in there, why did it require a 10+gb and growing temp file.

i may run it overnight sometime and see if it completes when given 8+ hours, lol. (ssd, too)

-----

duplicate files: simple fix. unlicesne, uninstall, delete any remnants, re-install but choose a location... make sure to always choose that location on future patches. before re-installing use the windows search option for "ootp*" in your programs and user directories (or entire computer and it takes longer) and delete all that you find.

you should save your <league>.lg folders and any custumized files somewhere safe, of course.

----

other probs:

AntiVirus(AV) software? disable it / end process of all remnants and see if you still have a problem. fwiw, that type of software is 99.999% useless anyway. a mere security blanket that provides little to no function whatsoever.

ever run some optimizer or some internet optimizer? undo it, restore, re-install windows if you have to... never run this type of junk app.

do you disable any windows processes? reg edits?

vpn software?

new router? or other hardware changes that would ~coincide with a new release of ootp. or software changes for that matter too.

if using multiple threads, try "1"

problems in game? 3d? double check specs of vid card have the proper shaders and what not for the 3d requirements. easy to troubleshoot if vid card is the problem.... simply start turning features off one by one. or start bare and work your way up turning them on 1-by-1.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #56
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Sounds like you've got files in the wrong place. I've had no issues. My problem is the little men in mis-matching pants. LOL
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #57
texasmame
All Star Starter

Fairly issue-free here. Very, very happy with this year's installment.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #58
Hemi425HP
Minors (Triple A)

If you're not planning on using the files in x86 cut and paste works a lot faster than copy and paste. Cut/Paste is just changing some registry values of which directory the files belong to and happens very fast. Copy/Paste is reading and writing from the same drive which can really only do one thing at a time. This can get extremely slow depending on the speed (or lack thereof) of your hard drive, how much memory you have, etc.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #59
yawgmoth
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
It's not user error when the default installation says that it will send certain folders to My Documents yet all of them just went to Program Files x 86. This is the 9th version of OOTP that I have. i still have 15-19 on this PC.This is the only version that did this.

You aren't crazy. I had the same thing happen to me. Went to copy my league files to my laptop for vacation and there was no OOTP19 folder in My Documents like in past versions. There was actually no saved_games folder in x86. Could never find where it was pulling my saved game from to load. The save route in the settings within OOTP was a blank folder. I had to uninstall and reinstall about 4 times before everything started showing up in the proper places.
yawgmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #60
moonlightmerc
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No its not.
When i 1st installed 19 it put all of the files in the Program Files x 86 but when i installed teh updates it isntalled the normal files under My Documents like the other 5 versions i have on my PC. Now i have duplicate files but the files i use for Saved game , FG, flags and a few other things are all under Program Files. Transferring them over takes time. Was supposed to take 12 hrs to transfer my saved game from P.F to My Documents. I gave up after 6 but it had transferred the main save i play. i get to the rest when i get this league setup for the 2030 season.
I cant get any Silvam ballparks to work so i am currently using the default 3D park.
As of a few days ago i could not get anything from AOC to download. Figure that has to do with teh duplicate files. i can go on.
This happened to me on both my mac and Galaxy Book. i had to change my folder settings. Luckily I didnt have any saved games on either computer.