Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
murp0560
Minors (Single A)

1st Season complete, 2 Thoughts

So I’ve played my first full season of 19 as the GM. Love it of course.

There are two things that I’ve noticed and was curious what my peers have thought:
The first has to do with the visual 3D simulation. I’m curious if it is possible to rid myself of the top overlay completely. I just want to know who is up to bat and what their season has been like vis-a-vis the pitcher’s season stats. I just don’t care for the PHP overlay as I’m watching the action.

The second has to do with the extreme benefits of Waiver acquisitions and subsequent “shop player around.” Idk about anyone else, but this coupled with making my computer AI accept 100% of the salary on the player they are trading back to me is sooo overpowered. It’s really changed my team over the course of the season and is almost like a really cheap exploit.

Curious what others think.

Thanks all for your opinions.
murp0560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0560 View Post

There are two things that I’ve noticed and was curious what my peers have thought:
The first has to do with the visual 3D simulation. I’m curious if it is possible to rid myself of the top overlay completely. I just want to know who is up to bat and what their season has been like vis-a-vis the pitcher’s season stats. I just don’t care for the PHP overlay as I’m watching the action.

The second has to do with the extreme benefits of Waiver acquisitions and subsequent “shop player around.” Idk about anyone else, but this coupled with making my computer AI accept 100% of the salary on the player they are trading back to me is sooo overpowered. It’s really changed my team over the course of the season and is almost like a really cheap exploit.

I believe there is a setting in-game called view with options to turn off the displays.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

You played out an entire season already?!?!?!?

I am jealous you have the time.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
grmagne
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

Are you on the default trade settings? If you're finding it too easy then probably just bump it up to Hard. But if you're finding the computer is too easy to exploit even on harder difficulties then the developers will probably need to tweak the AI again.
grmagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:04 AM   #5
louisvillec271
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

To omit the scoreboard display along with the team subs, click the "hide top area" in the view tab when playing games out.

To make trades more difficult, go to league settings. You can get there by clicking the gear on the right side of the screen(or wherever you have your setting at). Then go to the AI settings, and change the trading difficulty to the setting that you want.
louisvillec271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:31 AM   #6
Cowboys3356
All Star Starter

Quote:

You just have to have some self control in this area, if a transaction is unfair then do not do it. I think they did a great job with the AI but there is no way to really make an AI that is smarter than a person so in the end you will always get the better of it. You just have to use common sense and control yourself!
Cowboys3356 is offline   Reply With Quote