Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #81
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
So you're telling me I need to book another flight to Germany to watch Markus pitch in a motion capture suit? Can we sell tickets to that to help pay for the costs
The mind boggles at the possibilites

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:19 PM   #82
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
The mind boggles at the possibilites
Crap, I forgot about that stupid suit.

Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #83
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
So you're telling me I need to book another flight to Germany to watch Markus pitch in a motion capture suit? Can we sell tickets to that to help pay for the costs
But what about scratching yourselves? You're going to have to motion capture scratching yourselves if you can't buy it
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #84
glenmere14
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants44 View Post
watched whole video this morning and as always am super excited about the upcoming release. game looks stunning.

funny thing is I watched whole video and never realized that was Markus's voice. Odd to have a almost 20 year meaningful "relationship" with another person and then hear their voice for the first time.
Lol - when I first heard it, I had to go back and relisten....”did he just say Markus Heinsohn?”
glenmere14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #85
Gazelle
Bat Boy

I'm actually a little surprised that while some have recommended tweaks to the 3D, no one has mentioned the general speed. The plays seem to be much too fast overall. Will there be a speed setting for them? Don't get me wrong, the addition of 3D animations is beyond wonderful to me, and I'm getting this game as soon as it's available mostly due to that. I just couldn't help but notice that as the animations played out each at bat, they just seemed too fast.
Gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #86
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We'll probably rent a motion capture studio for a day in the Spring and then capture my awesome (*cough*) baseball skills. Should be fun

To be fair, I played baseball in organized leagues for 15 years, so I'm sure I'll do just good enough considering the size we show the animations in
If you guys are going to do that, would you be able to motion capture the play where Nolan Ryan used Robin Ventura's head as a speed bag?

I think it would add to the true animated experience for bean balls.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:14 PM   #87
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I am a Strat-O-Matic convert. It is incredible that this game is infinitely better and less expensive.
I will always have a special place in my heart for Strat-O-Matic the board game. I still love sports board games and I hope they keep making them, but as far as computer sports games, though, NOTHING beats Out Of The Park Baseball or Franchise Hockey Manager.
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote