Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 06-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Barney Ross at JWW

I just started my JWW or SWW division & can't find a rating for Barney Ross at this weight, when I click his name, he has 1 LW & 2 WW ratings.

Does anyone have him with a JWW rating, thanks!
Rspen46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

I just change one of the Welterweight ratings to Jr Welter. Same fighter imo.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Pacman Ratings at JWW

I have 2 Manny Pacquiao ratings for JWW - what is the opinion from anyone on which to use, his 10 or 11 rating, on which would be more accurate at this weight for him.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rspen46 View Post
I have 2 Manny Pacquiao ratings for JWW - what is the opinion from anyone on which to use, his 10 or 11 rating, on which would be more accurate at this weight for him.

Thanks
The prime Manny that blew away Hatton was very good, in that case I'd go with his 11 rating.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

Barney 13 Rating

Ross has a 13 Rating in 2 WW ratings in the game, if I use one of them as his JWW rating, is that too high, or was he that good at that weight.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

In 1933 when the great Jimmy McLarnin was welterweight champion, Barney Ross won the lightweight title. In 1934 Ross won the welterweight title from McLarnin, then lost to him the same year. In their third bout, held in 1935 Ross took the title back. He then fought a series of non-title bouts before defending the title, once in 1936 and again in 1937. Much of boxing's opinion of Ross is based on his two wins over Jimmy McLarnin who was considered one of the greatest fighters of the 1930s.

Cap
Old 06-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Rspen46
Minors (Single A)

More than Mclarnin!

I would say his career is based on more than his 3 bouts with J. Mclarnin as you mentioned, he beat T. Canzoneri twice, B. Petrolle, who I think was a an excellent fighter & underrated by many, he went 15 with Henry Armstrong in the last fight of career.
He was 72-4 fighting in at least 4 divisions, there is film of him & many articles written on him & many opinions in writing of a lot of experts that saw him fight.
So to say the 3 fights with Mclarnin is how many view him, I don't think is true, because he did so much more than that.

If anyone at JWW is viewed on 2 or 3 fights & overrated, it's Aaron Pryor, & I'm from Cincinnati, & I saw every single pro fight he had but 2, & 80% of his Amateur bouts & was a fan of his, but to me he only beat Arguello at the end of his career & on his 4th move up in weight, & Panama Lewis had to help him cheat to do that, he beat an aging Cervantes for the title & still went down once, he was put down by D. Johnson, & Kameda, Johnson had decent power, but none had great power.

Pryor started at LW, yet he never fought once there, why, because the LW division was loaded at the time, even guys, like A. Ganigan & G. Gonzalez, big power guys were in the lower top 10 & I think would have had a chance to hurt power, his camp knew that & avoided the division, & went to an easier pickins, JWW division that had almost nothing, but an old champ & a #1 contender in Mamby that had no power, yet somehow, Pryor also avoided Mamby, why because he was an excellent boxer & natural JWW, so he fought #4 D. Johnson instead, he never would have won the LW title, that's why they moved him to JWW, so he beat an Aging
Arguello & cheated him also, by the their 2nd fight, he had cheated & taken away Arguellos heart & will to win against Pryor, he beat an aging Cervantes, other than that, Pryor did nothing except compile a nice record against the bum of the month club guys.

I wish Duran had stopped off at JWW at ended the Pryor hoopla! or wished he had fought more top 10 guys at LW, Pryor was ranked 8th at LW in 1979, how about fighting Kenty, who he might have beaten, cause Kenty had no heart, but what about a war with S. O'Grady, J. Watt, A. Ganigan, G. Gonzalez, R. Mancini, H. Arroyo, R. Blake, A. Frias, R. Elizondo, Arguello at LW, Duran at LW, L. Bramble, E. Dejesus, H. Davis Jr. , Boza Edwards, E. Rosario who was on his way up to LW, anyway, you start to get the idea, why Pryor's camp moved him to an empty JWW division or a much easier one anyway, he could have made much more money fighting all those guys at LW, he probably could have beaten most of them, but we will never know, because he ran as fast as he could to JWW, lso he beat Hearns in the Amateurs, when Hearns was far from Physically mature, Pryor was just about fully Physically mature when he faced Hearns, in the Pros, Hearns puts him away like he did Duran, S.R. Leonard also beats, & I've even seen talk on Boxing forums about what if's against P. Cuevas, what a joke, Cuevas bombs Pryor out, also he could have fought J. Bumphus, L. Haley, R. Mayweather was working his way into LW, or Jose Luis Ramirez was at LW an ranked when Pryor was champ, B. Costello, R. Shields, & B. Curry were ranked JWW's, & also T. Crawley was coming up at LW, Pryor fought absolutely none of the above listed fighter's in their prime, any number of them would really have defined his career, not 3 bouts against aging guys, & 1 of them moving up for his 4th time, Pryor could be hit, he could be put down, and all by guys, not known for great Power, so I believe any good solid Power guy at LW or JWW takes him out, if he had fought them.
PRYOR, OVERRATED! definitely.