Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

Editing Hidden Stats

I've begun doing this a bit after opening the data files to see what hidden stats there were. There were two worth doing things with.

- Nation files come with Org Rank mods. For instance, Mexican fighters will get favorable rankings in the WBC. The stats don't show much reflection with some pretty random numbers at times but I've reworked them a little. I changed the 0-4 scale to 0-10 and was much more realistic with it. Test game, the results were good. I had one 15 rated fighter from the more noteworthy nations and like 600 0 rated cans to run through. 15s fought cans and built great records. Very few losses after several hundred fights per guy. The rankings in each org were somewhat similar but also varied. A bigger scale and a micromanagement once over should make the rankings even more diverse. I'm hoping to get it to where every so often you get the undeserving mandatory challenger that just so happens to be the right nationality for realism. It's an interesting stat to look into in your nation files.

- Division records come with a hidden stat I haven't actually worked on other than one test right now and those are modifiers for how many fighters in that division will be rated 0-15. If that's something you've wanted to edit then it's worth doing because in my one simplistic test it greatly changed the game. There were way too many ATG level fighters in every RFG group. Below is my test.

What I did was set 13/14/15 to 1 (lower means less frequent), 10/11/12 to 3, 7/8/9 to 200, 6 to 900, 5 to 1900, 3/4 to 3000, 2 to 2600, 1 to 2650, and 0 to 2500. I ran a 5100 fighter RFG (300 per division average; my factors for fighter creation are set for each division at the same number).

In a game before editing hidden stats a 5100 fighter Uni would have 7-20 fighters rated 13-15 which is just too high. There would be a fighter for every rating and almost in every division. My results this time are much better.

No 15's, two 14's, a 12, two 11's, and forty-nine 9's and similar larger pools on down.

49 'very good, not great' fighters probably isn't so many worldwide after factoring in that this is what an entire starting Uni generation would be. Factor out how many of those 49 would start post-prime or end, how many would just simply not be as good as advertised, and how many may have a short prime and it feels close to right.

I am now about to simulate a 100 rookie class generation over a decade and see what we get.

1: two 6's, twelve 5's, twenty 4's, and so on down.
2: one 9, three 8's, one 7, six 6's, eight 5's, ten 4's, and the rest 0-3's (always assume there are 0-3's from here on).
3: two 7's, four 6's, nine 5's, twenty 4's.
4: three 7's, nine 6's, thirteen 5's, nineteen 4's (not listing 4 from here on - you can see the pattern.)
5: two 9's, an 8, a 7, nine 6's, nine 5's.
6: a 7, three 6's, thirteen 5's.
7: three 9's (wow!), an 8, a 7, five 6's, ten 5's. (Talented class.)
8: A 9, two 7's, four 6's, twelve 5's.
9: two 9's, an 8, three 7's, five 6's, ten 5's.
10: two 9's, two 8's, five 6's, fourteen 5's.

Interesting. Nobody rated better than a 9 in a decade seems flawed but for me it's fine because I'll incorporate an amateur system that'd provide the even better rated fighters a little more frequently. The last four years of that decade show an influx of very good fighters which would make a competitive era around the 14th year if the older guys don't age quickly. 11 fighters rated a 9 over the course of a decade - seems pretty good.

Have you guys played with these hidden ratings? I'm going to look into introducing new hidden ratings to really personalize the game. The two I thought of are using the Org Mod ratings in group files. So for instance, fighters grouped together as highly touted prospects will get major favorable positions in rankings over lesser known guys.

The other is introducing the rating factors into the nation files. This is the one thing that remains 'off' in my tests - the randomness of nations:ratings. For instance, Colombia would see a lot more 3-6 rated fighters on average than other countries but rarely a chance for 8/9/10 whereas Mexico might see a lot of diversely rated fighters.

If anyone has worked out a hidden rating for dispersement of fighters per division by nationality PLEASE share. I'd love it if Japan had a high representation in the lower weights and rarely a fighter above Middleweight whereas America will see a more lopsided amount of fighters at higher weights.
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote