Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #21
kq76
Global Moderator

I'm surprised they're shutting it down. You'd think it'd be easy money for them.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
I'm surprised they're shutting it down. You'd think it'd be easy money for them.
Well, they haven't updated their API etc for years. No 64-bit PC support etc. So, moving to the new provider actually is not a bad thing...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #23
Comte
Bat Boy

Will it be possible for us Esellerate owners to get new License codes for the new store for at least OOTP XX and FHM 5?

Or will our current Esellerate license key's work for the new store?

Last edited by Comte; 06-18-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Comte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #24
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comte View Post
Will it be possible for us Esellerate owners to get new License codes for the new store for at least OOTP XX and FHM 5?

Or will our current Esellerate license key's work for the new store?
The current keys will work for the current version as long as E-sellerate keeps their license servers up. So there's no need for new codes - your current version will keep working.

If something happened to the license server, then we'd distribute keys for the new versions, but we don't anticipate that being an issue.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #25
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

As someone who frequently plays older versions (and has a family member enjoying 11 and 12 right now) and whose been a very good and loyal customer in the past I can tell you I will be extremely unhappy if the day EVER comes where I/we can't play a game I purchased and own. Unhappy to the extent of looking at legal options.

I don't mean to be all negative and all, but this is the big problem in software sales. Everybody (including OOTP) markets their games as though they're selling them. Everywhere you look when you're shopping it says "Buy" or "Purchase" or "Own the best selling xxx" but then when something inconvenient happens they want to point to the EULA and try and insist it was clear you don't actually own the game blah blah blah.

But vendors can't have it both ways. Just like if you market something as 50% off you had better deliver 50% off or you're in some legal jeopardy, even if that something has some fine print down somewhere that needs a magnifying glass to see saying otherwise. If software companies want to claim we do not own the software, only the right to use it and that right can be taken away at any time and for any reason, then they need to market it that way. Make it plain to the consumer at point of purchase that they're not buying a game but renting it for the foreseeable future.

But they don't want to do that, because guess what? A lot of consumers will balk at paying $40 to $60 to rent a game, and their revenues will drop. So long as vendors market it as SELLING then we consumers OWN it when it we BUY it, eula or no eula.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #26
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I agree with you, OFG. I have the same concerns which were implied in my posts but spelled out eloquently in yours.

Yet, I have become a realist when it comes to the nature of the internet and digital technology. So much of what we deal with is temporal with expected lives measured in a few short years, if not months. Things fail and disappear merely because they have no lasting form, no structure, no permanence. People fail, give up, go away, move on and their technology disappears with them.

For the vast majority of enterprises out here, though, you would not have gotten ANY of the responses that we received in this thread. Don't get me wrong; everything that we have said here applies to OOTPD. Someday, they too will be gone.

But for as long as they are here, I trust them to live up to their commitments and promises and that makes them truly unique, in my opinion. They have said that, if Digital River shuts things down and you and I cannot access OOTPB XX, they will take action to help us (if they themselves are still here).

Unfortunately, that's the best they can do. Fortunately, they have promised to do so and based on my experience with this company over the years, that is good enough for me. In these circumstances, that is.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:49 PM   #27
jwinn66
Minors (Double A)

Anyone else having their FastSpring License Keys not working?
jwinn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:54 AM   #28
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I agree with you, OFG. I have the same concerns which were implied in my posts but spelled out eloquently in yours.

Yet, I have become a realist when it comes to the nature of the internet and digital technology. So much of what we deal with is temporal with expected lives measured in a few short years, if not months. Things fail and disappear merely because they have no lasting form, no structure, no permanence. People fail, give up, go away, move on and their technology disappears with them.

For the vast majority of enterprises out here, though, you would not have gotten ANY of the responses that we received in this thread. Don't get me wrong; everything that we have said here applies to OOTPD. Someday, they too will be gone.

But for as long as they are here, I trust them to live up to their commitments and promises and that makes them truly unique, in my opinion. They have said that, if Digital River shuts things down and you and I cannot access OOTPB XX, they will take action to help us (if they themselves are still here).

Unfortunately, that's the best they can do. Fortunately, they have promised to do so and based on my experience with this company over the years, that is good enough for me. In these circumstances, that is.

Yes, I totally agree. That rant wasn't directed at OOTP but toward the industry as a whole. In my heart and mind, I truly believe that if something happens to the eSellerate servers where we are unable to play older versions that OOTP will do something to do rectify that. I believe that because I have reason to. At every opportunity in the past, OOTP has always done right by me and I'm guessing all customers. It's just the type of people they are. I have a track record that legitimizes my firm belief.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:12 AM   #29
DaBears
Major Leagues

I sent a ticket into both OOTP and eSeller on Wednesday - no response so far. Also posted a new thread about this tonight on here.

That said, I am already having trouble getting my release license to work and have the game start on a Surface Pro. No idea if that is related to this, not a techie at all. Just asking since this has NEVER been an issue for me before, then it happens while this thread is starting up.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #30
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
I sent a ticket into both OOTP and eSeller on Wednesday - no response so far. Also posted a new thread about this tonight on here.

That said, I am already having trouble getting my release license to work and have the game start on a Surface Pro. No idea if that is related to this, not a techie at all. Just asking since this has NEVER been an issue for me before, then it happens while this thread is starting up.
Any tickets we've received this week have been responded to, except for a few from today. Most were replied to on the same day. If you haven't received a response, something may've gotten lost or gone astray.

Send me an email or PM with your license or order number or the email used when purchasing and I'll definitely reset the license and get back to you asap, though given that it's the weekend, it may not be an immediate response

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-28-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #31
DaBears
Major Leagues

Thanks Lukas. I sent you a PM.
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #32
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Thanks Lukas. I sent you a PM.
Replied

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #33
zukes
All Star Starter

I have my key from beta testing. I have just purchased a new laptop and tried to unlicence on my old laptop, no dice. I am fairly certain that I have only used the key once so I tried it on the new laptop and not working either. Please help, I have PM'd Matt and Lukas and sent an e-mail to OOTP Support.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:01 PM   #34
zukes
All Star Starter

Disregard, looks like I need to update both versions and it'll work. I'm a moron.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:55 AM   #35
OldFatGuy
All Star Starter

I haven't tried to license one of my older games yet but will be trying that soon and will let other know if that works successfully.

Last edited by OldFatGuy; 07-05-2019 at 01:59 AM.
OldFatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #36
vegaslaw
Bat Boy

License activation

I downloaded the latest update and now it says my license is not found on the server. Is this a related issue? Can you direct me to fix the problem?
vegaslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #37
NotMuchTime
Minors (Double A)

Make sure you download the correct update. For non-steam PCs, there are two version now. The older version is eSellerate. Unless you purchased recently, it's probably the one you want.
NotMuchTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:33 AM   #38
Crickett13
Minors (Single A)

Last edited by Crickett13; 07-06-2019 at 01:06 AM.
Crickett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:35 AM   #39
Crickett13
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaslaw View Post
I downloaded the latest update and now it says my license is not found on the server. Is this a related issue? Can you direct me to fix the problem?
Same issue. Sent a PM and have heard nothing. Hoped I would hear today but guess I'm out of luck and won't have the game to enjoy on my long weekend I am hoping NotMuchTime has pointed me in the right direction. Really wanna play this weekend!!

Last edited by Crickett13; 07-06-2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:04 AM   #40
Crickett13
Minors (Single A)

That was it I can play again!!!! thanks!

Last edited by Crickett13; 07-06-2019 at 01:05 AM.