Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
Bagpipes5
Major Leagues

My OOTPPT First Impressions

Hello there! As you can see from my join date I've been playing Out of the Park for...a little while. I have my original CD stuffed away in the closet somewhere. To watch this game grow into what it is now has been nothing short of an incredible experience and my hat goes off to Markus and company.

Perfect Team will be a huge boon to the franchise and I am truly excited to see how things will progress from here. This mode is outrageously fun. It takes what's best about being a baseball fan and hobbiest and wraps it into one. I am also an avid baseball card collector and to see the nod the game makes to historical players and baseball cards truly makes me happy. When I first started playing OOTP I was a much younger fellow and I participated and ran some of the first online leagues. As time went on I just couldn't dedicate the hours needed to make this happen. Perfect Team alleviates this pressure for me as I can just login and go. Does it kill online leagues? Certainly not. They still have their niche, just like my offline franchise saves do.

The ability to buy/sell/trade players cards also warms the cockles of my collector's heart. I've played ultimate team in fifa and madden and it just didn't get my attention because it wasn't my favorite sport. In jumps OOTP to fill that void. During my testing I've noticed that I do not need to buy packs if I want to be successful, as long as I'm patient and willing to grow. The ability as a manager to create a good lineup, set and effective rotation and bullpen, and to strategize will separate the men from the boys. I've bought packs with my earned Perfect Points and it really stirs the nostalgia when I land a player I loved as a kid or a current player from my favorite team, the Astros. My only criticism, which has been identified by the team already, is the high ratings for current prospect type players over say a historical all-star. Perhaps removing cards/players with less than 450 big league at bats will help remedy this. I also noted that when I opened packs that sometimes I would get a better yield from a standard pack than from a gold pack. Once again, not a big deal, this is a Beta.

Another area where Perfect Team really shines is customization. I grew up playing Earl Weaver Baseball and Tony LaRussa Ultimate Baseball. To be able to set my strategy to reflect these baseball gods once again makes me very happy. I can also play in the old Astrodome if I want with a nice 3D model of the old place to watch my replays in. This comes complete with early 90's Astros uniforms and I can also name my team whatever I want. The options are limitless and you can really let yourself get carried away. From there the management of your team against your opponents is quite the spectacle. Who will lead your league in stolen bases this year? Lou Brock or Rickey Henderson? Who will lead in homers? Maris or McGwire? And so on.

Anyway, thank you for reading this wall of text and here's hoping that this game mode will lead to success and future innovations to the OOTP franchise. I feel like we are in a really good place to be a fan of this game right now. All the blood, sweat, and tears were worth it!
Bagpipes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thank you so much for the kind words! It's a great feeling knowing that the longtime OOTP fans enjoy PT. And, this is only the start... we have so many ideas for PT that we won't run out of things to do for the next 10 years, hahaha. And along the way we'll find the best balance for the mode so it is as fun as possible for the many different user groups.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 11-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #3
Dr.K
Major Leagues

Great post, I am a long time player too and have that CD somewhere..... I started playing this game in my early 30's and am now 51!

This mode has been fun but I agree with your recommendations too. I havent even looked at changing my uniforms or editing my ballpark yet.

I have enjoyed both waiting for my result "Win" or "Lose" to flash up on the screen or as I'm finding out watching the highlights or replay of the game (Like a delayed broadcast) by pressing "hide scores".

Really tense stuff. ( Am currently deep into the playoffs..)

Great stuff!
Dr.K is offline   Reply With Quote