Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - New to the Game?

OOTP 16 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #1
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Question Need help with Active and Secondary rosters

Hello,

I'm still somewhat new to OOTP and have a question about how Active and Secondary rosters work. It is really frustrating me b/c i'm not sure how this works IRL or in the game.

I've read all the online manual and searched the forum but still cant figure out if i'm doing something wrong, or its a glitch or something. Anyway here is my situation below that is happening to me. I dont have the game right in front of me so I will try and paraphrase it best I can.

Houston Astros 2015

1) I start the year with a full active roster. A few weeks into the year I sign a free agent who is better than a player I have on my active roster. So I want to switch these two players.

2) I start by placing the existing player onto waivers/for assignment.

3) He clears waivers and I'm ready to put him onto secondary roster. The game at this point says I cant do this "Because the player is already on the secondary roster"

4) I'm confused b/c I cant continue the game without doing something with this player.

5) I place the new player on the active roster just fine, but I'm still stuck with this player in limbo.

6) I also cant move him to the minors because he refuses, so im left with either putting him back onto the active roster, which I dont want to do. Or just release him into free agency.

QUESTION: What am I doing wrong? Why cant I get this guy back onto the secondary roster? Is this how the game is suppose to be?
209vaguhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Another question...

Can a player be on the secondary roster; but not on the active roster; and not on a minor league roster at the same time?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
You have done nothing wrong. The player, though still on the secondary roster, needs to be put on a team somewhere. You obviously desire him to play in the minors, but apparently he has earned the right to refuse to play there.

So, at this point, your only options are to either put him back on your major league team or release him.
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No.

The active roster is your MLB roster. Everyone else must be on a minor league team.

The secondary roster is for all other players who are on a major league contract. It's not a true roster, more like a list of guys with MLB deals. You can send a player down to the minors if he still has options left. If he does not have options, then you must waive + DFA him to send him down. If he refuses to be sent to the minors, you either need to release him and pay his salary, or keep him on the active roster.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
209vaguhn
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questdog View Post
You have done nothing wrong. The player, though still on the secondary roster, needs to be put on a team somewhere. You obviously desire him to play in the minors, but apparently he has earned the right to refuse to play there.

So, at this point, your only options are to either put him back on your major league team or release him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
No.

The active roster is your MLB roster. Everyone else must be on a minor league team.

The secondary roster is for all other players who are on a major league contract. It's not a true roster, more like a list of guys with MLB deals. You can send a player down to the minors if he still has options left. If he does not have options, then you must waive + DFA him to send him down. If he refuses to be sent to the minors, you either need to release him and pay his salary, or keep him on the active roster.
Ok this makes perfect sense now! It's not a literal second roster of players at your disposal, it's a mix of Active and Minor league players. This will help my decision making a lot and I will actually probably start my season over lol. THANKS OOTP team, great game!

I'm used to European Football where a lot of times there is a literal second roster that you can transfer back and forth from the active roster as much as you want.