Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods

Old 10-18-2011, 10:26 PM   #41
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Bowe and Mesi are both retired in the game. Helenius is a (6) up from a 4 or a 5 and Campillo is in the game (5).

Last edited by IceTea; 10-18-2011 at 10:29 PM.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #42
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadness View Post
A lot of under the radar guys need updates. I'm doing my own ratings and a lot of the guys that were probably untested and are still not that well known have fairly 'off' stats that make them not good for the sake of being not good. For instance, Lucas Matthysse. I'm sure recent booming Heavyweight contender Robert Helenius is rated pretty low compared to where he is now. Same with Junior Middleweight Carlos Molina. Orlando Del Valle got his first real exposure and looked like the best prospect in boxing. He's in the database as a 4. And of course, Darren Barker off of his latest showing.

Maybe some clean up with regards to what fighters are actually active still. Guys like Bowe and Mesi are still active.

As for guys not actually in the game... I may be wrong on some of these guys so just skip over if I'm wrong...

- Jesus Soto-Karass
- Mike Dallas Jr.
- Ruslan Provodnikov
- Mauricio Hererra
- Demetrius Andrade
- Ameth Diaz
- Leonardo Zappavigna
- Gabriel Campillo
- 'The New' Ray Robinson
- Brad Solomon
- Thomas Dulorme
- Danny Garcia (I believe? There are two Golden Boy prospects that I confuse. One just fought Josesito Lopez and the other is lined up against Kendall Holt.)
- In general, there is a pretty good list of guys that fight regularly and in tough enough bouts to rate them accurately from Golden Boy's "Fight Night Club" series such as David Rodela and Ronny Rios that people would probably want.
- Rodrigo Guerrero (115 pounds, I think. Fought Darchinyan.)
-
* Good list. Generally, each weekend, or early in the week, I update the database from the boxrec results page and update or add fighters accordingly. This thread was created to suggest those fighters that I may have missed.
* Danny Garcia is in. I think he is a (6).
Old 11-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #43
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Ossie Duran, one tough guy. I think he would make an excellent addition.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
McClearyMauler
All Star Starter

Duke McKenzie

Can we get him in the DATABASE. Thanks I think he deserves to be in the permanent one. Just a thought. Thanks to all who keep this fresh and updated.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #45
professordp
Hall Of Famer

The Original Battling Torres

The inclusion of Battling Torres's son while excluding the father makes no sense to me considering all of the lesser lights in the "official" database.

I rated him a few years back in my "Spice O' Life" thread. I also rated "Skinny" Jimmy Rothwell. Somehow, my rating of Rothwell was pulled into the db, but Torres was not!

Rothwell was a mediocre Philly welterweight.

Torres was a popular ligthweight/junior welter during the late 50s/early 60s who was top-ten ranked and had two shots at a world title.

Moreover, he's rated among The Ring's top 100 all-time hardest hitters.

Pesonally, I don't care if the "team" uses my rating or devises their own. The main point is that he needs to be in the database.
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #46
Roco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Here is a list:

Colin Mcmillan
Frankie Gavin
Robert Mccracken
Jon Jo Irwin
Sergio Reyes
Spencer Oliver
Neville Brown
Paul Wesley
Peter Richardson
Wayne Rigsby
Sean Murphy
Dan Sherry
Kelly Oliver
Rod Douglas
Mark Delaney
Andy Holligan
Andy Till
Floyd Havard
Matthew Ellis
James Oyebola
Roco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #47
Roco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is it possible for someone to add the above boxers into the database so that they are downloaded when the fighter pool gets updated?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #48
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
Is it possible for someone to add the above boxers into the database so that they are downloaded when the fighter pool gets updated?
That's really up to Ice Tea. As I've said numerous times, the criterion to determine who goes into the database and who doesn't remains somewhat of a mystery.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #49
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

I'll add them to the list. Basically, a male fighter must have ten fights and a female fighter three to qualify for the database. If a fighter won a major world title with less than ten or three (female) fights, they're in and it has happened recently.

After that, it is a judgement call. I've been paring down the database considerably.

MJ
Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #50
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
I'll add them to the list. Basically, a male fighter must have ten fights and a female fighter three to qualify for the database. If a fighter won a major world title with less than ten or three (female) fights, they're in and it has happened recently.

After that, it is a judgement call. I've been paring down the database considerably.

MJ
The original Battling Torres (late 50s/early 60s)??? Seems he meets the criterion...and then some. Any "judgement" on him these days?
Old 07-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #51
Sdj777
Bat Boy

Can someone add Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker HW to the database?
Sdj777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #52
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdj777 View Post
Can someone add Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker HW to the database?
Joshua definitely when he gets to ten fights (Olympian). Parker when he hits the top ten. They are both very early in their careers.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #53
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I reckon most newcomers to Title Bout expect to see the names they hear about or read somewhere. Naturally they want to match these young stars in the game. Not sure if they should be in the game when these newbies start it up though. I shake my head at all the boxers that have been added to this classic game over the years. You guys do a tremendous job for the title. I mean to really rate these guys you not only have to know the inner workings and subtle nuances of the sim but have a good grasp of the sport as well, and be able to translate boxers' abilities and weaknesses to ratings in the game. Every boxer you rate adds value to Title Bout.

Cap
Old 08-31-2014, 05:55 PM   #54
Roco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roco View Post
Here is a list:

Colin Mcmillan
Frankie Gavin
Robert Mccracken
Jon Jo Irwin
Sergio Reyes
Spencer Oliver
Neville Brown
Paul Wesley
Peter Richardson
Wayne Rigsby
Sean Murphy
Dan Sherry
Kelly Oliver
Rod Douglas
Mark Delaney
Andy Holligan
Andy Till
Floyd Havard
Matthew Ellis
James Oyebola
I don't think any of my above list was ever added with the exception of Frankie Gavin. However, there are some others to add to the list:

James Degale
Luke Campbell (after 10 bouts soon)
David Price
Paul 'Scap Iron' Ryan
Anthony Agogo
Ross Hale
Duke Mckenzie
Lou Gent