Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 3 - General Discussion Talk about our latest hockey manager game, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-03-2016, 11:44 AM   #241
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkyoursixx View Post
If Path to Glory does everything Sandbox mode does then what's the point? Isn't it kind of redundant?.

You mention that in Path to Glory, you are forced to play with no "AI help" and no "Commissioner" mode. This means you have no choice but to manage the day to day things such as lineups for the pro and farm, moving players to IR.. etc..

But we can do all of this in Sandbox mode as well, thats the great thing about sandbox mode.. play it how you want. You can not only take it day by day, but sim months at a time.

So if I decided to play Sandbox mode, managed my lineups every day and took it one day at a time... how is it different from Path to Glory?

From what I have understand in Path to Glory mode you can't choose that your asistants set up lines and tactics, you have everything to do by yourself...from office to ice stuff.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #242
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
From what I have understand in Path to Glory mode you can't choose that your asistants set up lines and tactics, you have everything to do by yourself...from office to ice stuff.
Yeah I understand that, but we can do that in Sandbox mode too.

I'd just like to know if there is something in Path to Glory that I will not get from Sandbox mode.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:00 PM   #243
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'd just like to know if there is something in Path to Glory that I will not get from Sandbox mode.
My impression is the biggest thing is in regards to what the development team will be focusing on
  • online has been dropped from FHM3
  • I asked on TBL if there are any differences/improvements in Historical Mode and Sebastian said "Mostly fixes and tweaks"
  • on the previous page in this thread (comment #236) Sebastian said "Our main priority is the career mode but we will continue to support/improve the sandbox mode as well (support when needed, improve when we have time)."
It's been said they'd like to put online mode back in in the future, and there are plans for future improvements to Historical Mode too and I suspect Sandbox Mode is the same, but to create a high quality product with the resources they have, at this time they've reduced their focus and are no longer trying to be all things to everyone
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 06:59 PM   #244
JaBurns
All Star Starter

In the Path to Glory can you be just the GM or do you have to be both GM/Head Coach?
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #245
SlyBelle
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
In the Path to Glory can you be just the GM or do you have to be both GM/Head Coach?
This was posted earlier by the dev...

Path to Glory = play a career (gain experience, improve your skills, get more famous, retire, maybe enter the HOF). Do the day to day work of a GM/Coach (still possible to play GM Only if you wish), see what happens around you, see what your team does, enjoy the up´s and down´s of a hockey manager.
SlyBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #246
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBurns View Post
You can play GM Only (in that case you hire a HC who is doing the lines/tactics/in_game stuff. You are still responsible to have a proper roster for him to work with.).
Old 10-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #247
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Thanks guess I missed it.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #248
Empach
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Yeah I understand that, but we can do that in Sandbox mode too.

I can't say for certain but from what I've read it sounds like there's a skills development component that I doubt is in the Sandbox mode.
The impression I'm getting of Path to Glory is designed to be played as if you are a real person within the game world, running a single team without control over the league/world that a real GM wouldn't have.

So it's a more restrictive mode, whereas Sandbox mode is the do what you want mode - apparently the same as the standard modern mode from FHM1 and 2.

I'm definitely going to try Path to Glory but I'm concerned about the apparent lack of sim options. I usually sim a week to a month at a time, so I'm not sure how I'll like that.
Still need more info.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:55 AM   #249
croatian
All Star Starter

Please add possibility to sort news by Development report...
Old 10-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #250
gekkoguy82
Minors (Single A)

When using path to glory, will you have to play out each game, or can they be simmed? I don't mean like a week at a time, but say just sim one game at a time.

Also, I saw it asked earlier but didn't catch an answer. Has there been any improvement on the high dpi/scaling front for those of us with smaller high res screens like the Surface, Yoga 2/3, etc?

Thanks, looking forward to this one!

Last edited by gekkoguy82; 10-04-2016 at 09:06 AM.
gekkoguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:09 AM   #251
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
You can play GM Only (in that case you hire a HC who is doing the lines/tactics/in_game stuff. You are still responsible to have a proper roster for him to work with.).
Thank you, I think I am going to enjoy the Path to Glory. Will start as GM only to get a feel for the operation. Of course if I am not satisfied with my coach I may have to become GM/Coach.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #252
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
And hey, at least we didn't kill the headphone jack, hm?
Kinda funny. Remember when Apple eliminated the floppy disk drive? Where is the floppy disk now?

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #253
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkoguy82 View Post
When using path to glory, will you have to play out each game, or can they be simmed? I don't mean like a week at a time, but say just sim one game at a time.

Also, I saw it asked earlier but didn't catch an answer. Has there been any improvement on the high dpi/scaling front for those of us with smaller high res screens like the Surface, Yoga 2/3, etc?

Thanks, looking forward to this one!
You are not forced to playout every game. You can let the Assistant handle games whenever you don´t feel like playing the game.

Regarding the High DPI stuff: We try to find a solution but nothing to confirm at the moment.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 AM   #254
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

So once again.. its starting to sound like Path to Glory mode is more of a gimmick..

There is nothing that has been said as to what makes it different then Sandbox mode..

I get that you cannot be in commissioner mode in Path to Glory, but I can do that in Sandbox mode too..

I get that you have to sim one day at a time, and check your lineups every day, but I can do that in Sandbox mode too..

The only thing that Path to Glory is doing is limiting how you play the game.. its forcing you to sim one day at a time.. but thats how some people played Sandbox mode anyways.

I'm not trying to knock on the mode.. I just don't see anything different about it.. will it have features that Sandbox mode does not have? (i.e. different news reports, storylines.. etc)
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #255
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
You are not forced to playout every game. You can let the Assistant handle games whenever you don´t feel like playing the game.

Regarding the High DPI stuff: We try to find a solution but nothing to confirm at the moment.
Hm, but you said that there is no quick-sim in this mode, I must admit I am little bit confused at the moment
Old 10-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #256
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
So once again.. its starting to sound like Path to Glory mode is more of a gimmick..

There is nothing that has been said as to what makes it different then Sandbox mode..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empach View Post
I can't say for certain but from what I've read it sounds like there's a skills development component that I doubt is in the Sandbox mode.
I don't see it as a gimmick; the skills development is the user skills develop (as a GM or GM/Head Coach) & it allows the developers to focus their attention on developing a detailed/complete realistic hockey sim (rather than focusing a lot of time on all the things that come with significant editing variability); if/when the bugs/issues appear, my understanding is Path to Glory mode will take priority in getting things fixed (a smart decision on their part IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
Hm, but you said that there is no quick-sim in this mode, I must admit I am little bit confused at the moment
I thought the "no quick sim" was in regards to not being able to sim many days/months at a time; the fact that you can be a GM only means you don't have to attend to the Head Coach tasks (and FHM has had a variety of speeds regarding an actual game sim, depending on how much/little game detail was shown to the user)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #257
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I get that you cannot be in commissioner mode in Path to Glory, but I can do that in Sandbox mode too..

I get that you have to sim one day at a time, and check your lineups every day, but I can do that in Sandbox mode too..

The only thing that Path to Glory is doing is limiting how you play the game.. its forcing you to sim one day at a time.. but thats how some people played Sandbox mode anyways.

I'm not trying to knock on the mode.. I just don't see anything different about it.. will it have features that Sandbox mode does not have? (i.e. different news reports, storylines.. etc)
It sounds like a Be-A-Pro mode from EA games. It's a dedicated game mode for those of us who play the game in that kind of way, start from the bottom and work your way up. Technically you could do the same thing in sandbox mode, but that's why it's called sandbox mode, because you can do whatever you want.

Personally I'm glad there is a dedicated game mode like this coming in FHM 3. In FHM 2 it was kind of glitchy playing in this way.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:15 AM   #258
sprague
All Star Starter

Ok
I will try asking for the last time...I will get the point if no one responds.

Has the penalty feature been upgraded and more realistic?

Can multiple fights and brawls now occur?

Do physical players- either big hitters like Scott Stevens, or enforcers like Dave Semenko have a real impact on the game, depending on the era of course?

Thank You.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #259
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Ok
I will try asking for the last time...I will get the point if no one responds.

Has the penalty feature been upgraded and more realistic?

Can multiple fights and brawls now occur?

Do physical players- either big hitters like Scott Stevens, or enforcers like Dave Semenko have a real impact on the game, depending on the era of course?

Thank You.
I try to be as active as possible but my day has only 24 hours.

To your questions:

1. Yes, at least improved to make penalties more context based.

2. No.

3. They have the impact you would expect them to have in the modern era based on all studies you can find.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #260
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
I try to be as active as possible but my day has only 24 hours.

To your questions:

1. Yes, at least improved to make penalties more context based.

2. No.

3. They have the impact you would expect them to have in the modern era based on all studies you can find.
Thanks for the response. Too bad about #2, especially historically. Because that goes a long way into putting #1 in set, where nineteen games can have 10 penalty minutes and game twenty 200 penalty minutes, to wind up with a 19.5 PIM per game average over the 20 games.

wishing you well...when that gets added sometime in the future will be happy to give the game a run then.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote