Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #41
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Signalbrat View Post
Yes, it was blocking the game because there is a salary cap issue.
What exactly is it saying? The salary cap should be turned off in all the seasons the historical db covers now.

Re: the high salaries, yeah, without the cap in place the already-weird historical financials get completely crazy. I expected it function as though financials were a non-consideration because of the high budgets, but it appears we're going to have to turn them off properly for now, or at least come up with better temporary measures, if it's breaking the game.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #42
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Change to commish mode and edit your players salaries.... worked for me and the AI teams seem to play ok without changing them.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #43
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemic_royaltea View Post
I'm not having too many weird issues that I wouldn't expect or that haven't been covered, but...

How do I release a player from the protected list? Every off-season, I think 'oh good, I can get rid of that dude' and he hangs around on the protected list, green texted, and there's no way I can rid myself of 35 y/o Darryl 'Slip' Sly until he retires.

...and editting any player to set him as a free agent or put him on another team invariably crashes the game.
"Buyout rights" should remove the rights and drop him from the protected list, but it's only usable during the offseason (and I think the only way to use it right now is via right-click on the active roster, so you may need to call him up first.)
Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #44
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Salary cap actually seems to be in place. 70m upper and 44 lower. After I edited my teams salaries because I was way over the cap I tried to play the first game of the season and got a message that I was under the cap so I had to bump a few guys back up so I could play.

edit: playing Vancouver 1976 season.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #45
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
What exactly is it saying? The salary cap should be turned off in all the seasons the historical db covers now.

Re: the high salaries, yeah, without the cap in place the already-weird historical financials get completely crazy. I expected it function as though financials were a non-consideration because of the high budgets, but it appears we're going to have to turn them off properly for now, or at least come up with better temporary measures, if it's breaking the game.
I deleted the "trial runs" that produced this, but will re-run them to see if I can make adjustments...

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 AM   #46
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
Salary cap actually seems to be in place. 70m upper and 44 lower. After I edited my teams salaries because I was way over the cap I tried to play the first game of the season and got a message that I was under the cap so I had to bump a few guys back up so I could play.

edit: playing Vancouver 1976 season.
Yeah, I'm dumb, the salary cap won't go away until Wednesday, I was looking at the test database update and forgot that data isn't in with this build version.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #47
Pineywoods OOTPer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Signalbrat View Post
I deleted the "trial runs" that produced this, but will re-run them to see if I can make adjustments...
Was about to do that today, then saw this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I'm dumb, the salary cap won't go away until Wednesday, I was looking at the test database update and forgot that data isn't in with this build version.
So, JeffR, are you suggesting I should wait on the re-trials until the database update??

Senior Office Manager, 13th Circle of Heck.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #48
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)

At the 1967 expansion, none of the expansion teams are given a budget, so they can't afford to stock their roster.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #49
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by analgesic View Post

At the 1967 expansion, none of the expansion teams are given a budget, so they can't afford to stock their roster.
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.

I talked with Sebastian this afternoon about the mess with historical finances, and what we're going to do is fix the starting salaries so those begin at proper levels (Malte's already done it) and then give every team a $90 million budget each year. That's a crude way of dealing with the situation, but it should make things playable in a way that'll let us start isolating other, more subtle, issues with historical financials. So there won't be a fix until the next patch, time TBD (but with the volume of fixes we're accumulating there's starting to be a pretty good case for doing it next week.)
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
analgesic
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks Jeff, that's good to hear. With the issues of historical finances and modern disappearing draft picks, it's a bit hard to play much of anywhere at the moment.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #51
maidenutah
Minors (Single A)

Team images incorrect after reloading

The historic team images work great when starting a new historic game. But when the you quit and continue, then the most recent team images are used instead of the correct ones for the year being played. They are then corrected again when the next year starts.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 PM   #52
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenutah View Post
The historic team images work great when starting a new historic game. But when the you quit and continue, then the most recent team images are used instead of the correct ones for the year being played. They are then corrected again when the next year starts.
Thanks, added to the bug list.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #53
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

I have drafted a couple of historical seasons - one starting in 1967 and another in 1970 - and in neither year did the amateur draft take place - the players just ended up getting dumped to the free agent list. Any way to ensure the draft takes place?

Or to ensure the players are drafted to the teams they are supposed to be drafted to in the real-life draft?
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #54
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

On other strange one - I have played for two seasons starting in 1970 and I have yet to see a trade take place - either the computer accepting one of my offers or two computer teams trading with each other.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #55
Canuck82
Minors (Single A)

I tried doing a new league starting in 1979 (first year following the WHA merger) and tried to change the playoff structure to match what it was during that year (4 division leaders seeded and then basically 12 wildcards from the rest of the league). The playoff seeding worked great, but the database would not recognize any tied games - everything was either a win or a loss, even if tied games took place (it would automatically go to a one person shootout)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #56
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
I tried doing a new league starting in 1979 (first year following the WHA merger) and tried to change the playoff structure to match what it was during that year (4 division leaders seeded and then basically 12 wildcards from the rest of the league). The playoff seeding worked great, but the database would not recognize any tied games - everything was either a win or a loss, even if tied games took place (it would automatically go to a one person shootout)
It looks like this is a bug in the edit league screen - the database rules info for 1979 is correct, but I think it's getting overwritten by incorrect data from that screen (it's showing the number of shootout shots as 1 when it's 0 in the db) as soon as you edit something. We'll get it checked.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #57
CalgaryCannons
Minors (Single A)

The Stanley Cup winners don't seem to be recording in the League or Team History screens, nor does the teams finishing position. The Season Leaderboards are also missing (career ones seem fine, though I didn't check the accuracy of the numbers displayed).

Also, some of the younger players have very odd star ratings. Jean Beliveau currently is a 3.5 star player with 0.5 star potential and Dickie Moore is similar. Probably a bug with the player potential ratings not updating when the new season starts and their current ability gets bumped.

There are also issues to work out with the free agency and contract negotiations in historical play. I've got potential free agents telling me they aren't interested in negotiations and want to test the market - they'll be waiting a long time before they get any. If the game is going for historically accurate free agency the players need to be made aware that they have no rights in this era - they'll play for me whether they like it or not

Overall though the historical game seems pretty stable. I've completed three seasons with no crashes and fairly reasonable results. Only issue is the complete lack of player movement - I've initiated a few trades myself but the AI doesn't do any of its own. Might also need a few more short term injuries, but that is just on gut feel.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #58
raptor99
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How do you disable trades? The AI around this does not seem right.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #59
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Perhaps I'm missing something but I can't seem to start a historical game (using version 0.9.31). I

1) open up the game
2) select "New Historical Game"
3) it asks me to select a Database, but there is no database available for selection so I select "Ok" (drop down menu is blank)
4) Error message pops up saying "Invalid Database Version"

There are no saved games currently in the file (all previously saved games were deleted).

What am I doing wrong, and how do I remedy this issue?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

To get it working I had to delete and re-install the game. Unfortunately I forgot to unlicense first, so it looks like I'm down to just this one license.