Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #1
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

2088 Discussion Thread

All 2088 updates & anything else here. Discuss, discuss.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #2
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Flyers are 76-51 in Perfects after going 124-38 in diamond league last week. Diamond league convinced me to add Curt Schilling even at a steep price. Whenever he faced my team he always seemed to have a great game. So far he's 11-7 with a 3.84 ERA. And I had a lot of good pitchers but not Pedro 100, Clemens 100, Schilling 100 or Maddux 100...not that those are necessarily the best 4 cards but off the top of my head, 4 of the more dependable...so I invested in one. ...How about that Gooden Special Edition? Well we'll see.

Strange I starting a 68 OVR Hal Brown as well.
I think of it as a change-up.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-24-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:04 PM   #3
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

After over a week of constant auction house refreshing I was able to insta-snap up a TOTD Posey for the extreme bargain of just...1,125,000 PP. A very expensive platoon catcher but he gives me my TOTD Trout with 800K PP to spare that I would have happily spent. Several months in the making and as a F2P player really feels like I've now done all I can with PT20. It's been fun guys.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 11:07 PM   #4
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I never got lucky to win a tournament for one and didn't have the points in the bank when they were widely available, so total TOTD outlay:

888K Tulowitzki
1.25M Ortiz
1.125M Posey

Pretty good deals given that I've seen the same cards and other non-premium ones sell for 2M.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:41 PM   #5
daves
Hall Of Famer

Doubledays won 135 games and were up in the ALCS 3-0, only to fail 4-3.

Owlz swept their way to #5!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #6
Coriolanus
Minors (Single A)

I have had one team left that had yet to win a PT championship. This week they won in exciting fashion. Down 3-0, they proceeded to win the next four, including 2 extra inning victories. The final was in 13 innings, capped by 4 innings of shutout relief pitching by Scherzer, to beat the Canadians, Mississauga Carnivores, who've won a couple dozen titles.

it was an interesting outcome because midweek I decided to finally sell my TOTD Posey, based in part on a comment from DKGO (I think) about the only thing he had left to look forward to was a TOTD completion or something to that effect.

Posey had done me nothing much really, and I'd recently drawn a perfect Cochran who was eating time, and I had a very tough DeLuca on the bench, so I said what the hey. Less than 4 hours on the market and I sold it for a cool 1.25M, which I turned into Cap Anson. (I have a very speed team.) After losing out on a cheap(ish) Ruth '23, I bought the TOTY Yelich - replacing the AS Yelich I'd also won in a weekly (like the Posey). So after 6 months with Posey, I finally shed him and immediately win a championship, in part with the players I used the $$ I got to upgrade with. Still sitting on half a mill, and a handful of sellable players. Huzzah!
Coriolanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #7
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Were you team DEAD? The Posey I bought had history on that team.

Since I got him so cheap I still have about a million points now after selling the last extra cards I had. Possibly HOF Larry Walker in the near future if the price comes down a few 100K.
Old 07-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
Coriolanus
Minors (Single A)

Yup. Deadwood Desperados.

I wasn't sure how much longer it was going to be worthwhile to have the points, so I thought I'd cash in while I could.

I'm glad it was you that got him. As i said, I was thinking of you.

See how useful the board is?
Coriolanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:18 AM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Hal Brown's final numbers from 2088 etc.

Hal Brown ended up starting about 19 games. We finished up 97-65 but lost the wild card game to the Chicago Rampage... This season, although none of my starters can do what Hal did there with just 15 walks in 19 starts or so...(although they have pretty good command themselves) we are playing .765 or so baseball in the 1st half. (60-19)...I believe this is my best record through 79 games at the Perfect level & Curt Schilling is pitching the way I had hoped...Cy Young Award contender.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2020, 07:09 AM   #10
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Finished with 118-44 record but the Playoff Tree was a dandy of 6-7 teams with 2-9 PL Championships...Went down the the Great Lakes Squirrels in 5 games in the DS, who went on to defeat the Tahiti Good Boahs, 4-1 in the Finals.

I think we ended up with all 4 starters with 20+ wins & 9 players with at least 50+ RBI but none more than 99.

I may just stay with the same team this week, a few changes.

It was a good week because I set the team before the season with a decently clear mind, planned on not making any changes, & for once didn't make any major changes while they played very well. Seeing 2089 looked like we were waaay into the future. Like I should either switch my focus to OOTP 21 PT or get ready for OOTP 28 or 29.

Let's Go Mets!