Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 AM   #1
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Editing FHM14 universe to FHM2

I already asked if there'd be an easy transfer of player data...

But the new question is, if not above, then are the ratings at least the same so I can just manually edit players to fit the ones in FHM14?

Or is there changes to ratings .. enough that coming from FHM14 takes some serious calculating to figure out the desired results for FHM2?

Last edited by NolaSola7; 09-09-2015 at 10:24 AM.
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
landru22
Major Leagues

I, too, would like to know this.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #3
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
I already asked if there'd be an easy transfer of player data...

But the new question is, if not above, then are the ratings at least the same so I can just manually edit players to fit the ones in FHM14?

Or is there changes to ratings .. enough that FHM14 takes some serious calculating to figure out the desired results?
There have been some slight changes to the overall set of player attributes, but they generally are the same. You certainly could manually carry over your players from the old game to the new. It would be pretty labor-intensive, but more power to you
Old 09-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
landru22
Major Leagues

I was really hoping that there would be some kind of import utility for transfer from 14. I don't care as much about stats and history from prior seasons (though that too would be nice) but more about importing the players and their attributes. If the attributes haven't changed much, why isn't this possible?
Old 09-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #5
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I was really hoping that there would be some kind of import utility for transfer from 14. I don't care as much about stats and history from prior seasons (though that too would be nice) but more about importing the players and their attributes. If the attributes haven't changed much, why isn't this possible?
I would say it's not that it's not possible, but rather, there would be such a tiny minority of our customers that would be interested in transferring files over from 2014 that it wouldn't really be worth developer time and efforts to develop an import utility.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #6
landru22
Major Leagues

I understand your decision. I don't like it, but I understand it.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:08 AM   #7
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
There have been some slight changes to the overall set of player attributes, but they generally are the same. You certainly could manually carry over your players from the old game to the new. It would be pretty labor-intensive, but more power to you

Well I already made very playr in the league ... I project it would take two weeks.... 16 team league with 16 more with affiliate teams ....

2 a day would be 8 days .... then the rest of the time making the affiliates ...

NOT FUN but after two weeks, I would be glad to have them
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:12 AM   #8
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
Well I already made very playr in the league ... I project it would take two weeks.... 16 team league with 16 more with affiliate teams ....

2 a day would be 8 days .... then the rest of the time making the affiliates ...

NOT FUN but after two weeks, I would be glad to have them
I am willing to do this one more time, but I REALLY hope they have an importer going forward with FHM3, etc...
Old 09-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

With FHM the devs basically rebuilt the foundation of the game. So with such drastic changes it wouldn't of made sense unfortunately to work on an import feature. I would be willing to think that more people might be requesting it for FHM 3.